ADVERTISEMENT

I don't want Hurley

SemperFiCat

All-American
Mar 2, 2009
Central Indy
I said it. I don't want him. The guy just doesn't seem likable. Actually, quite the opposite. He seems like a Cronin. I want to be able to enjoy watching Kentucky basketball and respect the coach. We're just getting away from a coach that's insufferable, and if things went south with Hurley, it'd be the same think skinned snarky crap again. Let's not sell our souls to the devil. Just my opinion. You can have yours.

I said it. I don't want him. The guy just doesn't seem likable. Actually, quite the opposite. He seems like a Cronin. I want to be able to enjoy watching Kentucky basketball and respect the coach. We're just getting away from a coach that's insufferable, and if things went south with Hurley, it'd be the same think skinned snarky crap again. Let's not sell our souls to the devil. Just my opinion. You can have yours.
Agreed that he seems like a real d-bag. But I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Cronin doesn’t have 2 titles? I get Hurley can be a little to much to handle, but he is by far the best option, but I respect your opinion it’s a different one lol

Reactions: MidseasonTweak
[laughing]

nt63ZWf.gif

Odds are, you (OP) get your wish.
And regardless of who we do get, I'm certain it will not be a unanimous choice by all of BBN. But Hurley does seem like the most preferred candidate.
But even if we drop down to a candidate that <50% "want", I hope we all get behind whomever the new coach is giving him a fair and reasonable shot.

Not going to happen anyway. Guy just had a major platform to tell the basketball world that UConn runs this sport and he’s been right.

In terms of likability, Rupp had a great quote.

“I’d rather be the most hated winner than the most loved loser.”

but you like the coach that 24 hrs ago tried to exhort the school for a few extra millions . your feelings on if you like the new coach doesnt matter

Reactions: NociHTTP
Well I want him..

But that attitude of his will spoil real fast if he ever is unable to deliver. And I'm not sure Hurley won;t get the same ref treatment as Cal does, in due time. People are going to hate Hurley VERY soon, whether he's at Uconn or UK or somewhere else.

When did the world turn into such 🐱's. Man said mean words, I have to go Into a corner and cry now. Jesus, who cares if he's a dick head, if he wins games that's his job and he does that job extremely well.

This dude cried for a year that Cal should go because he can’t win and now doesn’t want a guy that only wins because of his personality.

• Haha
Reactions: SemperFiCat
When did the world turn into such 🐱's. Man said mean words, I have to go Into a corner and cry now. Jesus, who cares if he's a dick head, if he wins games that's his job and he does that job extremely well.
As long as he's decent to OUR fans, doesn't get physical with people, or support complete Richardness in the players off the court, I'm good with whomever.

For those saying "WHo cares if he's an ass?"

And while I agree, ask yourself this question: would he be allowed to be an asshole like this at Kentucky? No, he wouldn't. We'd be crucified by media, loathed even more by non-UK fans, and murdered by the officials.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
OP has it all wrong. That attitude is required to coach at Kentucky. Guys with passive personalities get chewed up alive. We are like Russians. We need a strong despotic leader who tells us what to do.

I want him over any other name mentioned.

However, I don’t like the fact that he walked to mid court during a timeout to trash talk Edey, JMO.

For those saying "WHo cares if he's an ass?"

And while I agree, ask yourself this question: would he be allowed to be an asshole like this at Kentucky? No, he wouldn't. We'd be crucified by media, loathed even more by non-UK fans, and murdered by the officials.
I'll actually take it one step further; the very ones saying "hiring an azzhole is what we need" would eventually be the nastiest of BBN when the shine wears off Hurley and they want him gone.

Look, I'll still be happy with Hurley. Obviously the guy can coach. I'll be thrilled. I just also put value on things other than Ws and Ls, and know Hurley won't be golden forever. Folks just want to buy the shiny object. But as we now see with Cal, eventually the bill comes due.

I don't understand the logic of these posts.

So you want a guy like Scott Drew that may make 1 final four appearance because he's a nice guy.

And you don't want Hurley because of him being a potential asshole? But yet, obsessed with winning?

It's about the job you do. Assholes get hired every day. You're not directly working under or for the next coach so why do you care?

Reactions: NociHTTP
I mean Cal was an asshole even when he was winning a lot here and most of us got over it. Winning cures all.

Reactions: UK-chulo
My perfect solution would be to get Billy D and beat Hurley. Perfect script in my opinion. Top him, not get him because he’s on top.

Reactions: Girthang
I would take Hurley in a second.

Being impetuous is often the mark of a strong character. And misunderstanding that is often the mark of a weak character. I don’t want an insufferable chronic pathological narcissist like Cal but I have no interest in having a princess at the helm.

I said the same thing about Cindy Crawford in 97 when she turned me down. Mole faced loser. That’s all she was. Didn’t need that.

You should have seen her before she cleaned herself up. A buddy of mine saw her out and about when he was at NIU in the late 80s. He said she wasnt the prettiest girl in town back when he was in school, but she was alright looking. Couldn't get into NIU though, so she couldn't have been too bright. She was at Kishwaukee (sp?) Community college then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT