ADVERTISEMENT

Hypothetically, how much NIL would a VJ Edgecombe decommit from Baylor be worth to UK?

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
How much would a kid like Edgecombe ask for in the current NIL market?

$750,000?

A million?

I'd give up sweets for a year if the kid had a change of heart and went to Kentucky. I know it's not going to happen, but I could think of nothing more invigorating than a decommit from Baylor followed up by a commitment to UK.

$750,000?

A million?

I'd give up sweets for a year if the kid had a change of heart and went to Kentucky. I know it's not going to happen, but I could think of nothing more invigorating than a decommit from Baylor followed up by a commitment to UK.
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

They had the 7’ decommit and ask out of his NLI a couple days ago thanks to Alvin Brooks leaving. Who’s to say that VJ couldn’t?
We have a bunch of fans who refuse to entertain such thoughts because they don't like to get their hopes up.

Thing is, we get to dream again with Pope, and like @kywildcat41086 said, why can't another decommit happen if it already happened? The season's a long way away.

$750,000?

A million?

$750,000 would be my top for any player.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
We have a bunch of fans who refuse to entertain such thoughts because they don't like to get their hopes up.

Thing is, we get to dream again with Pope, and like @kywildcat41086 said, why can't another decommit happen if it already happened? The season's a long way away.
Crazy part is VJ and the 7’ was both recruited by Alvin Brooks to come to Baylor…… So anything is possible especially with the way this portal thing is going these days.

I would first secure the biggest names in the portal that Pope can get to commit to his philosophy and offensive/defensive strategies. I’d much rather give a guy like Davis 1.5 mil than VJ 750,000-1.5 mil.

After we’ve secured our top 8-9 players then I would offer VJ (if he asked out prior, no tempering!) 500,000-1,000,000.

No promises of starting. He has to earn it. Come here and play within the team or you’ll ride the bench. No more coddling freshmen with playing time/starting spots.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT