ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley to Lakers?

LAs full of em. I question the fit. I don’t know how well his “Jersey tough guy” approach will work with millionaires, one in particular.
It didn’t work for Pitino. I think Hurley is more vocal and charismatic than even Pitino was

• Haha
Reactions: ukfan1622
Cal still has 4 open spots and id hate to see him grab 2-3 uconn players bc he didnt fill out his roster.
I couldn't give less of a crap what Cal does at this point. I hope we always beat them and finish ahead of them in the SEC, but I'm not going to hope for or against giant shifts in college basketball just so he doesn't get a few good players.

Nothing says that Hurley will always continue this level of success at UCONN. If he is waiting for the Knicks job doesn’t mean he continues this level of success that would afford him an offer especially if UCONN doesn’t have the level of NIL needed.

There are certain NBA jobs you just don't turn down: Lakers, Celtics, Knicks...that being said, their roster is trash and they have little moves to make as they have no draft picks in the near future to trade, LBJ is a year or so from retiring, and AD will always have injury concerns. In no world are they better than a 6 seed in the west. If it were OKC with a young team and a ton of draft picks then I get it, but even it being the Lakers job it doesn't seem that appealing from a chance of success standpoint. If he takes it, it's because of the money and if he has some signs of life then he can stay a NBA coach forever. All those guys bounce around but always have a job.

There isn't a job on this earth that someone wouldn't turn down. Any job where you're saddled with LeDramaQueen is a trash job. Only way anyone should take that job is if they can trade his traveling asp somewhere else.

The Luke Murray phenomenon reminds me of the Kim Kardashian phenomenon.

Kim is only a 7, but she's seen as "more beautiful" because of the fame of her family, her show, and her high profile relationships over the years. Is she breathtaking? No. But she's OK.

Fify

There isn't a job on this earth that someone wouldn't turn down. Any job where you're saddled with LeDramaQueen is a trash job. Only way anyone should take that job is if they can trade his traveling asp somewhere else.

Brother Girth...you have the way... 😅 ;)

Reactions: Girthang
Just read that Hurley is so close to his parents and they don't want him to go FWIW. Noticed Pitino advised not to do it for the money. Pitino said if had it to do over he would still be at Kentucky.

UCONN is one of the few like us, who have had staying power lately.

We won titles under Rupp, Hall, Pitino, Tubby & Cal.

UConn has won with multiple coaches as well. Calhoun, Kevin Ollie, & Hurley. They don’t seem to be one hit wonders. They are built well.

Reactions: huskiesnyc
I want Hurley gone. I expect Cal to do better than he did past couple of years at UK. I think the pressure got to him here. He is stubborn as all get out but the pressure isn't the same at Arkansas as it is at UK.

I could care less about Hurley, UConn, or the Lakers.
We’ve got our guys with just one open spot. They have guys that had a chance to come here and they chose poorly. Hurley had his chance too, and I’m thankful he didn’t come. He’s kind of a jerk that would not have fit in.
He can stay in CT, go to LA or something else. I just don’t care. I find the obsession with him a little odd. I get that he went back to back and that is impressive, but it is also in past tense.

LA trying to hire Hurley tells me the Lakers are ready to move on from the Drama Queen.

I feel like when you reach a certain amount in earnings, the money matters less and less.

He'll go to the NBA if he wants to coach in the NBA. It's a premier job in the sport.
If he wants to continue building Uconn into the giant they are becoming, he'll stay.

No, not at all.

You need to let the program once again be bigger than one man, especially a former guy that has no power or responsibility here anymore.

Upward and beyond not backward with the focus on days gone past like water under the bridge.

I could be very wrong but I don't think he's considering the Lakers because of the money. He's a bit of a mad scientist and has to be intrigued at the thought of pulling the levers that get them back to the top.

Listening to Sirius satellite radio today, the DJ said Hurley was at Madison Square Garden for the Billy Joel concert and planned to have a team meeting later today.
I heard that too. Is a Billy Joel concert a big deal in 2024?

I feel like when you reach a certain amount in earnings, the money matters less and less.

He'll go to the NBA if he wants to coach in the NBA. It's a premier job in the sport.
If he wants to continue building Uconn into the giant they are becoming, he'll stay.

They released a study a year ago where they determined once you hit 500k a year in earnings there was no significant difference in happiness.

Interesting. I hope he takes it, I know that. Just sharing what I read earlier. Also read its supposedly a 100 million dollar offer. If that's the case, no way he can say no to generational wealth you wouldn't think.

That dude earlier who said he was passing and they still want Reddick has been right on many things before. Be very interesting to see what happens here

Should hear one way or the other today
100 million a lot of $$ but living in the LA area has to be alot more than living where he currently does

He should make the negotiations interesting before turning it down outright.

First order of business? Make them return to MinnAhSSOTA. Los Angeles LAKERS makes no damn sense.

When they turn that down, insist the name ve changed to The LA Smog. Nothing more fitting and almost nothing more noxious than that. Just like a lot of "Lakers" fans.

When they reject that idea, it's time to really aim for something that will elevate the entire franchise. Demand that Colin Cowherd stop talking about them, stop being a fan, and in general make him pay the franchise to be able to mention them again.

Yall probably have some other good suggestions for Ole Dan. Let's hear em

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT