ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley to Lakers?

Then it shouldn't be difficult to provide a few quotes, right?
I would but you would still find a way to shit on it. I don’t have verify anything to you, I’m in a discord with some friends it ended being a lot of college basketball talk and a lot more people, a couple of UConn fans and others popped on it and ended up being a lot bigger than it normally is. But I don’t have to verify anything to you or give a explanation on anything.

I would but since your being a jackass I think I won’t
I'm being a jackass for seeing that you're taking rumors and presenting them as definitive facts?

That wasn't my intent, but I don't understand how you keep writing in definitive language without actual verification. Here's an example: "
It’s looking like he is staying at UConn. He turned down the lakers (according to their fans)."

Maybe just present rumors as rumors. Something like this: "UConn fans are saying he turned down the Lakers. He might be staying at UConn."

Last edited:
I'm being a jackass for seeing that you're taking rumors and presenting them as facts?

Come again?
Saul, I said according to a couple of their fans I never said it was set in stone. But yes you were being a jackass, pretty please with sugar on top, yeah that’s being an ass. I am simply going off the vibes off the fanbase in question, not a single thing is set In stone, and I hope Hurley does give them the middle finger and goes to the lakers.

Reactions: Fox2monk
We only have 1 scholly open and pope has said he wants to save it for later. If hurley leaves then it will be another year cal gets lucky with yet again late players being available. Last year it was tre mitchell. Cal still has 4 open spots and id hate to see him grab 2-3 uconn players bc he didnt fill out his roster. Just a thought but also hurley leaving CBB would be the best coach getting out of the game, double edged sword.

Reactions: UKgal82
I think the UConn players would be smart enough to stay away from Kal. He's got 9 guys on his roster at the moment and you know he's made some big promises to those guys. Plus we know he will play his freshmen no matter what. So, where would that leave the UConn transfers?

Those idiot piggie fans are probably thinking DJ Wagner must be all world since he started over two top 5 draft picks. Nah, Kal just made more promises to his family than Dilly or Reed's.

We only have 1 scholly open and pope has said he wants to save it for later. If hurley leaves then it will be another year cal gets lucky with yet again late players being available. Last year it was tre mitchell. Cal still has 4 open spots and id hate to see him grab 2-3 uconn players bc he didnt fill out his roster. Just a thought but also hurley leaving CBB would be the best coach getting out of the game, double edged sword.
Settle down beavis ….

I doubt any of the players at UCOnn leave. They will keep Murray on as interim coach and still try to make a run at the 3 peat.

Head to Lagrange ky where a 6 ft 8 scoring machine lives

I would but you would still find a way to shit on it. I don’t have verify anything to you, I’m in a discord with some friends it ended being a lot of college basketball talk and a lot more people, a couple of UConn fans and others popped on it and ended up being a lot bigger than it normally is. But I don’t have to verify anything to you or give an explanation on anything.
Do you ever feel selfish for suffocating this place with the worst case scenario? I mean it NEVER stops. #catastrophist

How ironic, Dontworry out it???? Funny.

Why in the world would anybody care if he stays or goes? Will he go and fail? Yes🤔 Will I give a flying rats a$$? No .. So I guess my answer would be No, no I don’t want him to stay..

Those players won’t touch Arkansas. Did you already forget that Kalipari “likes his team”? Or that he consistently doesn’t pursue better players to replace clunkers? I don’t think any Uconn players are interested in cowball when he’s got his favorites already on his roster. I don’t think Mckneely is dying to play with Wagner and split time with Cow’s Hogs at the pasture.

What would concern me is a team like Duke picking them up. Mckneely has already said he wants a blue blood program, so that eliminates Cows and pigs type programs.

But it’s time Uconn goes the way of Indiana which I assume is coming given their NIL instabilities and lack of power 5 position moving forward.

Reactions: will1976
Public safety lmfao. Sure. Poverty rate? The city if New York alone has millions of illegals living off the tax payer.

This is what happens when you believe everything you see on the news and don't look at the actual data.

Who controls the news? What is the news orgs that “people see”?

What is the data?

link? Sources?

Not singling you guys out but just using these as an example. I’ve lived in 3 different countries and a funny stereotype about Americans is when you ask them where they’re from they tell you what state instead of saying “USA”. If you ask a German where they are from for example they say “Germany”. Foreigners always find it funny when Americans say what state they’re from because people have no clue where in the world most states are or what that means. I always tell them it’s because US politicians have convinced them they’re different from each other for votes and to divide. At the end of the day people from NY all the way to Cali are going to be grilling dogs and burgers and drinking miller lite and watching fireworks in 3 weeks. Because we’re all more similar than different, and as a country we’re stronger that way. We’re ALL from the USA.

Not singling you guys out but just using these as an example. I’ve lived in 3 different countries and a funny stereotype about Americans is when you ask them where they’re from they tell you what state instead of saying “USA”. If you ask a German where they are from for example they say “Germany”. Foreigners always find it funny when Americans say what state they’re from because people have no clue where in the world most states are or what that means. I always tell them it’s because US politicians have convinced them they’re different from each other for votes and to divide. At the end of the day people from NY all the way to Cali are going to be grilling dogs and burgers and drinking miller lite and watching fireworks in 3 weeks. Because we’re all more similar than different, and as a country we’re stronger that way. We’re ALL from the USA.

It’s more than that. I don’t know why this is overlooked so much but America is a REALLY BIG PLACE. While politicians have divided us, the reason people name the state is because we have, by far, way more cultures than most countries. There is very little similarity between California and Tennessee. There is little similarity in New York and Texas. Because of cultural reasons people name the region because America is made up of many states, many ethnicities, many cultures.

It is not true that we are more similar than different and a simple understanding of social science makes this clear. The reasons that American’s were always able to find similarity was by basic freedoms. And today we don’t even have that in common.

I wish we had more in common but we just don’t. What America really is, in actuality, is about 4 different countries at minimum. We break it down into 50 states so it’s a very complicated place with vast differences / many cultures so people naturally explain their region or state before simply stating USA.

Last edited:
It’s more than that. I don’t know why this is overlooked so much but America is a REALLY BIG PLACE. While politicians have divided us, the reason people name the state is because we have, by far, way more cultures than most countries. There is very little similarity between California and Tennessee. There is little similarity in New York and Texas. Because of cultural reasons people name the region because America is made up of many states, many ethnicities, many cultures.

It is not true that we are more similar than different and a simple understanding of social science makes this clear. The reasons that American’s were always able to find similarity was by basic freedoms. And today we don’t even have that in common.

lol ok guy, how many places outside the US have you lived? I was trying to post a nice come together post and here you come wading in like a political pawn. Have a nice day.

What difference would it make if Calipari did get the 2 or 3 best players that UConn has to offer? He had more talented players than that when he was here over the last 9 years & what did he do with it? I would much more want Calipari to have the top UConn players than for a great coach like Dan Hurley to have them.

I wish we had more in common but we just don’t. What America really is, in actuality, is about 4 different countries at minimum. We break it down into 50 states so it’s a very complicated place with vast differences / many cultures so people naturally explain their region or state before simple staying USA.
Yeah we’re all from the US. But someone from KY/TN has very little in common with someone from Maine/CT besides being American. There’s a great book called the 9 nations of america. Idk why Ron is laughing at your post. It’s well documented and accepted.

Germans and puritans settled the northeast and midwest. Scot-irish and brits settled the south. That’s two different cultures right off the bat in the US.

lol ok guy, how many places outside the US have you lived? I was trying to post a nice come together post and here you come wading in like a political pawn. Have a nice day.

I said nothing about politics but there yet another area where we’re extremely divided. I didn’t post anything about division, I simply stated that the reason American’s give their region or state when asked that question is because, naturally, they understand America is a large country (more so than the places you named) and so they break it down so you know what their culture is. You’re the one that made the entire concept about politics, not me, you might want to re-read your post. It’s a cultural situation not merely a political one.

US-cultural-regions-map-1200x784.jpg
This is why Americans name their state

Yeah we’re all from the US. But someone from KY/TN has very little in common with someone from Maine/CT besides being American. There’s a great book called the 9 nations of america. Idk why Ron is laughing at your post. It’s well documented and accepted.

I don’t either. In my study I’ve always accepted the concept that America is at minimum 4 nations made as one. The book you’re citing is a really good insight into our situation.

People always forget that America is huge. So he’s thinking it’s political thinking that make people use their region or state, and while we have been divided by politics, that’s not the reason people name their region or state. It’s the number of cultures we have here that make us abnormally different from other areas.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I said nothing about politics but there yet another area where we’re extremely divided. I didn’t post anything about division, I simply stated that the reason American’s give their region or state when asked that question is because, naturally, they understand America is a large country (more so than the places you named) and so they break it down so you know what their culture is. You’re the one that made the entire concept about politics, not me, you for want to re-read your post. It’s a cultural situation not merely a political one.

How many different places have you lived? I’ve lived in 3 different countries and 5 different states (NJ, AZ, OH, WV, KY)? I say the US states have way more in common and are more similar than going to a different country. Where have you lived and why should I continue this conversation with you?

Last edited:

Germans and puritans settled the northeast and midwest. Scot-irish and brits settled the south. That’s two different cultures right off the bat in the US.

Where have you lived?

Where have you lived?
Weird hill to die on. Southerners and New englanders are in no way similar. Different cultures, different views on politics, food, lifestyle, etc etc. A westerner isn’t similar to a midwesterner either.

When America was settled by europeans scot-irish and aristocrat brit’s settled the upland and deep south. Puritans settled New england. That’s two different cultures right off the bat. Because America is a nation of immigrants regional cultures form.

Which is exactly why that “funny” stereotype of Americans naming their state is true.

Regional pride is a thing in America. Same for parts of Europe. Especially the UK.

Weird hill to die on.

How in the world is that a weird hill to die on? It’s literally everything. It’s the whole conversation. It’s debating someone about best food in the world - going to Italy and experiencing Italian food, then Germany, then Brazil, etc and coming back and debating with someone about how different/similar they are and the guy your arguing with has read cookbooks but only ever tasted Mac and cheese from a box his whole life. It’s an unequal conversation.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Weird hill to die on. Southerners and New englanders are in no way similar. Different cultures, different views on politics, food, lifestyle, etc etc. A westerner isn’t similar to a midwestern either.

When America was settled by europeans scot-irish and aristocrat brit’s settled the upland and deep south. Puritans settled New england. That’s two different cultures right off the bat. Because America is a nation of immigrants regional cultures form.

Which is exactly why that “funny” stereotype of Americans naming their state is true.

Regional pride is a thing in America. Same for parts of Europe. Especially the UK.

My main focus for my first degree was directly in this area of social science. It’s a very strange hill to die on, and one that isn’t argued in the social sciences by most. It’s an extremely complex country which was settled by many different cultures, and it’s just not something that’s worthy of debate - and I’ve heard very few argue from an academic standpoint that it’s merely political in reasoning. He’s doing what you’ll see many do which is over simply a complex nation. We see the same thing when discussing light weight wedge issues like American healthcare. “Why doesn’t America just use - insert small country - healthcare system. It works! Completely negating the fact that America is 3 times the size of the country they’re using as representation.

I didn’t even mean to make it an argument I was simply explaining in small detail why Americans think to use their state or region instead of the entire nation. Hes actually the one making it political, which it is to some degree, because that also encompasses culture. But Americans aren’t simply being political when they use their region or state. It’s more of a cultural phenomenon because America is made up of many cultures which is verified by the historical nature of immigration.

I’ll leave it there I’m limited in ability to post from this account and if someone is going to argue what I’m posting then there’s really no point because it’s factually accurate.

I think the UConn players would be smart enough to stay away from Kal. He's got 9 guys on his roster at the moment and you know he's made some big promises to those guys. Plus we know he will play his freshmen no matter what. So, where would that leave the UConn transfers?

Those idiot piggie fans are probably thinking DJ Wagner must be all world since he started over two top 5 draft picks. Nah, Kal just made more promises to his family than Dilly or Reed's.
This. If Cal adds even 1 more decent player, there will be issues. I expect a dysfunctional roster at Arkansas this year anyway

Reactions: seccats04
My main focus for my first degree was directly in this area of social science. It’s a very strange hill to die on, and one that isn’t argued in the social sciences by most. It’s an extremely complex country which was settled by many different cultures, and it’s just not something that’s worthy of debate - and I’ve heard very few argue from an academic standpoint that it’s merely political in reasoning. He’s doing what you’ll see many do which is over simply a complex nation. We see the same thing when discussing light weight wedge issues like American healthcare. “Why doesn’t America just use - insert small country - healthcare system. It works! Completely negating the fact that America is 3 times the size of the country they’re using as representation.

I didn’t even mean to make it an argument I was simply explaining in small detail why Americans think to use their state or region instead of the entire nation. Hes actually the one making it political, which it is to some degree, because that also encompasses culture. But Americans aren’t simply being political when they use their region or state. It’s more of a cultural phenomenon because America is made up of many cultures which is verified by the historical nature of immigration.

I’ll leave it there I’m limited in ability to post from this account and if someone is going to argue what I’m posting then there’s really no point because it’s factually accurate.

What are your degrees in? How many do you have?

I like Dan Hurley. I think Rob Pelinka, Lakers GM, is a good guy. I think Dan Hurley might be able to add to the possibility of AD becoming and remaining the dominant player in the NBA for the last few years of his career.
Plus, my wife has become an NBA fan. That's a long story, basically unrelated to UK basketball ... but she likes the Lakers.
So ... I hope Hurley goes to the Lakers. :cool:
And, whether or not ... Go 'Cats ! ! !

No. I want the competition gone.

Idc if UK has to beat a 16, ,9, 13, and 15 seed to make a final four in the tourney either. Easier the better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT