ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley to Lakers?

Not getting my hopes up. I'm sure he's staying. But would love it so much if he left

If he stays at UCONN it's because he wants the Knicks job.

Wife will be happy as well.

Interesting. I hope he takes it, I know that. Just sharing what I read earlier. Also read its supposedly a 100 million dollar offer. If that's the case, no way he can say no to generational wealth you wouldn't think.

That dude earlier who said he was passing and they still want Reddick has been right on many things before. Be very interesting to see what happens here

Should hear one way or the other today
He has generational wealth at UCONN. At the end of the day they will pay him 7-8 million at UCOnn. That ain’t no chump change. My gut is he wants the job if he wasn’t going for a 3 peat he would take it.

They would fall straight to the bottom lol
Maybe, but they do have a history of making good hires and rebuilding quickly. Redick lives in Brooklyn (east coast guy) and would be looking to start his coaching career with a loaded deck. He would be an even bigger ESPN darling, if that's even possible, at UConn.

Cal seemed to never have filled out the scholarships at Kentucky so I doubt he will at Arkansas. That’s one of the things that I just couldn’t understand about him. Injuries seemed to happen and then there wasn’t enough scholarship players to even practice 5 on 5. And his walk-ons were usually sons of his buddies and not very good when he could have had decent practice players from Kentucky to fill out his roster.

I'm starting to think he stays. That coast to coast move might be too much for him and his family.

He might also be thinking that the Knicks job could open up in a few years, and that would be just such a better fit for his family, especially if he can ever get the Knicks to a title game.

And the Knicks got two late 1st rounders this year, and they will have FOUR 1st round draft picks and TWO 2nd round picks in 2025. Knicks are gearing up to be a force if they use these right and I'm sure Hurley sees that. Thibs willm likely cost the Knicks season next year or two as he runs his players into the ground and I could see them moving on from Thibs (I also think part of his success IS playing his players too much and therefore is able to pad his wins).

If he is willing to walk away from 100 million dollars it is obvious that money is not a driving force for him. That kind of money can make sure your kids, grandkids, great grandkids are all taken care of.

If he doesn't take it, he is going to build a reputation of someone who isn't really serious with these big time offers he is getting. Staying at Uconn is a fine choice, but how many times are historically great programs like the Lakers and UK going to offer you a golden ticket? And how many times is Uconn going to play his bidding games before they call his bluff?

I am gonna let Pope coach a few games. Then I will form an opinion. As for having a spot open. very few teams actually fill their scholarship amount 13. The only way Pope would fill that position is if a major player came on the scene. I think the team is fine now.
Cal seemed to never have filled out the scholarships at Kentucky so I doubt he will at Arkansas. That’s one of the things that I just couldn’t understand about him. Injuries seemed to happen and then there wasn’t enough scholarship players to even practice 5 on 5. And his walk-ons were usually sons of his buddies and not very good when he could have had decent practice players from Kentucky to fill out his roster.
I though Jarod Polson was pretty good. Earned a scholarship after 2 seasons. There are others as well.

Wonder if Hurley is still sitting around pondering what to do? Or maybe fussing with his wife and dad about it? Or just can't bring himself to say no or say yes? The way his roster looks I don't see how he could win 3 straight. The Knicks know they have their coach as soon as they want him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Wonder if Hurley is still sitting around pondering what to do? Or maybe fussing with his wife and dad about it? Or just can't bring himself to say no or say yes? The way his roster looks I don't see how he could win 3 straight. The Knicks no they have their coach as soon as they want him.
From CBS Sports:

Norlander reports a Hurley decision should be known by early afternoon on the East Coast and adds that UConn's championship-winning coach has already made his decision privately.

From CBS Sports:

Norlander reports a Hurley decision should be known by early afternoon on the East Coast and adds that UConn's championship-winning coach has already made his decision privately.
One would think he's taking the job.

Animated GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT