ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley to Lakers?

What are your degrees in? How many do you have?
I had to reread that. I thought you said "what are your accounts on here and how many do you have?" Seemed a more appropriate question for ol' Mike-Mcd....

Friends Leatylrs GIF - Friends Leatylrs GIFs

My main focus for my first degree was directly in this area of social science. It’s a very strange hill to die on, and one that isn’t argued in the social sciences by most. It’s an extremely complex country which was settled by many different cultures, and it’s just not something that’s worthy of debate - and I’ve heard very few argue from an academic standpoint that it’s merely political in reasoning. He’s doing what you’ll see many do which is over simply a complex nation. We see the same thing when discussing light weight wedge issues like American healthcare. “Why doesn’t America just use - insert small country - healthcare system. It works! Completely negating the fact that America is 3 times the size of the country they’re using as representation.

I didn’t even mean to make it an argument I was simply explaining in small detail why Americans think to use their state or region instead of the entire nation. Hes actually the one making it political, which it is to some degree, because that also encompasses culture. But Americans aren’t simply being political when they use their region or state. It’s more of a cultural phenomenon because America is made up of many cultures which is verified by the historical nature of immigration.

I’ll leave it there I’m limited in ability to post from this account and if someone is going to argue what I’m posting then there’s really no point because it’s factually accurate.
Why can't you just switch over to your Mike-Mcd account or one of the others and pick up the conversation from there??? Just remind him who you are and wah lah, you're back in business.

Seinfeld Laughter GIF - Seinfeld Laughter Kramer GIFs

Not singling you guys out but just using these as an example. I’ve lived in 3 different countries and a funny stereotype about Americans is when you ask them where they’re from they tell you what state instead of saying “USA”. If you ask a German where they are from for example they say “Germany”. Foreigners always find it funny when Americans say what state they’re from because people have no clue where in the world most states are or what that means. I always tell them it’s because US politicians have convinced them they’re different from each other for votes and to divide. At the end of the day people from NY all the way to Cali are going to be grilling dogs and burgers and drinking miller lite and watching fireworks in 3 weeks. Because we’re all more similar than different, and as a country we’re stronger that way. We’re ALL from the USA.
I agree but the portion of the far left has gone so crazy they can’t co-exist with normal Americans anymore. What they represent is not what America is supposed to be on a political or cultural perspective. That’s why we are having this problem. The people in power are definitely mainly at fault but it’s a huge problem not having common ground anymore. Again though we have gotten so far off track of the thread. Let’s all just hope Hurley leaves and we can improve our team even more if players leave!

Do you ever feel selfish for suffocating this place with the worst case scenario? I mean it NEVER stops. #catastrophist

How ironic, Dontworry out it???? Funny.
No, because I can’t pick how people react to something. Jerkoffs like yourself try to police shit, and come at me with posts like this one. Saul does the same anytime I do something in regards to Trilly. Also why the hell would I fell selfish on a message board you tool? Suffocating this place with the worst case scenario, get the hell out of here with that bs.

Last edited:
I know just saying it’s like on here. Nobody really knows just speculating or hearing what some rando on Twitter said.
Yeah that’s what everybody is doing and what I was doing. I could put the number 2 on here and somebody would take offense to it and come at me.

Summary - UK talks to Hurley agent the interest wasnt enough to get Dan even to visit. Tells him we will more than double his salary now . Wife says they dont have enough money for me to live there .

lakers call agent and within 1 hr Dan booked a plane to LA . You can see where this is heading. Wife wont have a opinion in this decision looks like

Yeah we’re all from the US. But someone from KY/TN has very little in common with someone from Maine/CT besides being American. . Idk why Ron is laughing at your post.

Man you’re so right! Just the other day I had a meet up with a guy from CT named Phil (not pronounced like “file”, but with a soft i). We met up at this place he liked called “Buffalo Wild Wings”, I drove my Chevy and he drove his ford on the right side of the road measured in miles. We both got the medium heat buffalo sauce. He complained about his wife buying too much shit from wayfair- I said me too! Then we both complained about having to go home and watch the bachelor with our wives. We got in an argument about Calhoun being better than Pitino, but both agreed Duke sucks and said 98 and 99 upsets were awesome. We both had home projects - we both were putting up dart boards with our DeWalt drills while drinking miller high life out of the grenade bottles and listening to the black stripes.

We got on the subject of favorite soups. He said he liked clam chowder and I said I liked burgoo. He said what’s burgoo? I said WTF did you just say?? Bro I have nothing in common with you!! I’m calling my buddy John Pierre from Lyon, France and we’re going to drink sparkling water, watch Les Miserables, and finger each others buttholes.

• Haha
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Na
Not singling you guys out but just using these as an example. I’ve lived in 3 different countries and a funny stereotype about Americans is when you ask them where they’re from they tell you what state instead of saying “USA”. If you ask a German where they are from for example they say “Germany”. Foreigners always find it funny when Americans say what state they’re from because people have no clue where in the world most states are or what that means. I always tell them it’s because US politicians have convinced them they’re different from each other for votes and to divide. At the end of the day people from NY all the way to Cali are going to be grilling dogs and burgers and drinking miller lite and watching fireworks in 3 weeks. Because we’re all more similar than different, and as a country we’re stronger that way. We’re ALL from the USA.
Nah,, I'm from the hollers of southeastern Ky.. Don't lump me in with those people from out west or up east..

• Haha
Reactions: Ron Mehico
Getting back on track for this topic:

It looked like a done deal yesterday, but the more it drags out, the less likely it happens.

Reactions: 1war

It looked like a done deal yesterday, but the more it drags out, the less likely it happens.

Reports that the Uconn offer just isn't close to LA.

If I'm Uconn, I'm starting to wonder if we have a coach who is just too good to keep. They may win this battle, but it's going to cost them a LOT more than what they wanted to spend right now. Are we just going to revisit this same thing in a year or two, when maybe the Knicks, Celtics, or even the Lakers job opens up again? He's been at Uconn for 6 years and he's already making statements about how tiring recruiting and NIL are.. that's only going to get worse.

I'm also reading that the Assistant coach in waiting is very good, some Uconn fans say it was his offense, not Hurley's (no idea if thats true).

If I'm Uconn, maybe I make a "conservative" counter, and let the chips fall where they may. You might not want to break the bank for a guy who will likely never be "two titles in a row" good again.

US-cultural-regions-map-1200x784.jpg
This is why Americans name their state
It's true.

If you go an hour South of Chicago, it's like you're in a foreign country.
Then go to the southern tip of Illinois, and it's like you've entered the Twilight Zone. The people, the customs, the religion - everything is diametrically different.

Even in Chicago itself. If you a few miles from downtown in any direction, it's like going to completely different cities with their cultures, and yet you're in the same city of Chicago.

Reactions: RunninRichie

I see it the opposite way, considering how quickly he and his family rejected Kentucky.

The longer this goes, the more he's asking for, thus the longer negotiations. A "no thanks" would have culminated in an official word of "he said no" yesterday or today sometime.

If this thing makes it past tonight, he's leaving. He'll just be bartering for more at that point before it becomes official.

Last edited:
Reports that the Uconn offer just isn't close to LA.

If I'm Uconn, I'm starting to wonder if we have a coach who is just too good to keep. They may win this battle, but it's going to cost them a LOT more than what they wanted to spend right now. Are we just going to revisit this same thing in a year or two, when maybe the Knicks, Celtics, or even the Lakers job opens up again? He's been at Uconn for 6 years and he's already making statements about how tiring recruiting and NIL are.. that's only going to get worse.

I'm also reading that the Assistant coach in waiting is very good, some Uconn fans say it was his offense, not Hurley's (no idea if thats true).

If I'm Uconn, maybe I make a "conservative" counter, and let the chips fall where they may. You might not want to break the bank for a guy who will likely never be "two titles in a row" good again.

Luke Muray is who is behind the X's and O's (Bill Murray's son) and they said it's likely that he'd go with him. So it looks like it's "all or nothing" for those of us that want to see the uCON program decapitated.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Luke Muray is who is behind the X's and O's (Bill Murray's son) and they said it's likely that he'd go with him. So it looks like it's "all or nothing" for those of us that want to see the uCON program decapitated.

I don't buy Murray being the genius. Iirc he was at Louisville and I didn't see anything special. Maybe there is a synergy there with Hurley, but he alone isn't the difference maker.

I'm convinced that Luke Murray, although brilliant in his own right, gets a +20 on the coaching 1-100 point scale because of his dad's name.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
My main focus for my first degree was directly in this area of social science. It’s a very strange hill to die on, and one that isn’t argued in the social sciences by most. It’s an extremely complex country which was settled by many different cultures, and it’s just not something that’s worthy of debate - and I’ve heard very few argue from an academic standpoint that it’s merely political in reasoning. He’s doing what you’ll see many do which is over simply a complex nation. We see the same thing when discussing light weight wedge issues like American healthcare. “Why doesn’t America just use - insert small country - healthcare system. It works! Completely negating the fact that America is 3 times the size of the country they’re using as representation.

I didn’t even mean to make it an argument I was simply explaining in small detail why Americans think to use their state or region instead of the entire nation. Hes actually the one making it political, which it is to some degree, because that also encompasses culture. But Americans aren’t simply being political when they use their region or state. It’s more of a cultural phenomenon because America is made up of many cultures which is verified by the historical nature of immigration.

I’ll leave it there I’m limited in ability to post from this account and if someone is going to argue what I’m posting then there’s really no point because it’s factually accurate.
I get what you’re saying but I think largely how people view the sameness or difference of a region of the US depends on how much they value or weigh certain cultural markers. For instance, I work in a community where the majority of the population is blue collar working class, drives a lot of trucks, is deeply religious, loves baseball and lights up the sky on the 4th. They are also 99% Mexican American and most speak fluent English and Spanish. How someone might view how alike or different they are depends on what they value most, and I think it’s interesting to talk about how different cultures in America interact, I don’t know if this thread is a great example of that

The Luke Murray phenomenon reminds me of the Kim Kardashian phenomenon.

Kim is obviously a beautiful woman, but she's seen as "more beautiful" because of the fame of her family, her show, and her high profile relationships over the years. Is she breathtaking? No. But she's beautiful.

Luke Murray is the same. He's brilliant, but he's also been given an extra media bump because of his dad. He's probably been credited way more than Hurley's other assistant coaches because of that. Now, because of the titles and his last name, he's "the genius behind the two titles." No one really believes that, but we all keep saying it in the same way we all keep inflating Kardashian's good looks.

I dont see how you don't take it, even if you flame out you'll still be grossly rich and every CBB program will be lining up to hire you.
Indeed. Plus he recently expressed how winning the title left a somewhat unfulfilling place in his mindset.
"Don't get me wrong, (winning the title) was an incredible feeling in the moment, but it hasn't fulfilled me in a way that maybe I thought it would," Hurley told The Athletic after winning his first championship. "I was probably chasing that championship thinking there'd be some level of healing."

Do you happen to know where I can find this full map?
I dont know exactly where it came from originally, but here is a full image. If you're on Chrome you can right click any image and choose "Search Image with Google" and it'll basically use the image as a search criteria and find it other places on the internet.

Only if we do salary too. But my cost of living in the NYC metro area is basically the same as it would be in Florida. Yes, my taxes are higher, but my homeowners insurance rates are 20% what they'd be in Florida. My auto insurance is lower. My property taxes pay for services I'd have to pay for out of pocket in other states.

Cost of living is higher in areas that are desirable to live. And that's for a reason. Cost of living may be high, but the standard of living is also high. That's born out in the data. Education systems are better, healthcare is better, poverty and food insecurity rates are lower, etc.

I know this isn't California, but I know this data because I live here. This is where NJ ranks in the following categories. To me this is well worth a higher cost of living vs. a state like Kentucky or Indiana.

1st in education
4th in health care
4th in public safety
5th in economic opportunity
3rd in household income
2nd in low food insecurity
5th in low poverty rate
What exit do you live in New Jersey?

Back to the starting thought Hurley staying or not doesn't matter unless you're a UCONN fan or player. Program has won Nattys with multiple coaches. May have a couple down years, but I imagine they'll be back in the hunt sooner or later.

Reactions: ukfan1622 and 1war
I have no sources but I think he is taking it, because if he said no, the Lakers would have no reason to keep quiet about it. If he said yes, they could keep quiet to allow him to talk to Uconn team first

Reactions: ukfan1622
Just read a dude who predicted Kawhi to Clips and had inside stuff on LeBron b4, say Hurley isn't taking it and Lakers still favor Reddick. Idk but either way, today should be decision day and should hear something for sure by days end

Listening to Sirius satellite radio today, the DJ said Hurley was at Madison Square Garden for the Billy Joel concert and planned to have a team meeting later today.

Listening to Sirius satellite radio today, the DJ said Hurley was at Madison Square Garden for the Billy Joel concert and planned to have a team meeting later today.
Interesting. I hope he takes it, I know that. Just sharing what I read earlier. Also read its supposedly a 100 million dollar offer. If that's the case, no way he can say no to generational wealth you wouldn't think.

That dude earlier who said he was passing and they still want Reddick has been right on many things before. Be very interesting to see what happens here

Should hear one way or the other today

Reactions: WildcatNC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT