ADVERTISEMENT

How much will Mitch offer Hurley?

We're negotiating with Drew and any AD worth a damn hasn't offered Hurley yet. So sadly it appears he isn't getting offered. I'm sure he'd say no anyway and Mitch may be aware of that at least, I hope

We're negotiating with Drew and any AD worth a damn hasn't offered Hurley yet. So sadly it appears he isn't getting offered. I'm sure he'd say no anyway and Mitch may be aware of that at least, I hope
Who says we are negotiating with Drew already?

Looney Tunes Money GIF by GrowthX

• Haha
Reactions: NociHTTP
UConn will match it. He’s about to be the second coach in modern history to win back to back titles. He’s ain’t leaving.
UNLESS. He feels bored with his situation there, feels there is nothing left to prove, and wants to be THE MAN who brought Kentucky back to elite status.

Reactions: susan2361
Why leave UConn? Back to back titles, they've won a total of six after tonight and they don't have a toxic fan base like UK. The last 40 years they've won more titles than UK. The only reason would be money, and if he's anything like his dad, that won't be enough
If you think UConn doesn’t have a “toxic” fanbase I assume you’ve never met one. They’re the biggest assholes outside of only Indiana fans

Reactions: ukfan041 and catben
5 years 70 million.. 500,000 bonus SEC championship 250,000 bonus SEC tournment championship 1 million bonus NCAA championship ..... 25,000 bonus each time he gets ejected bye Doug shows

Reactions: gossie21
Why leave UConn? Back to back titles, they've won a total of six after tonight and they don't have a toxic fan base like UK. The last 40 years they've won more titles than UK. The only reason would be money, and if he's anything like his dad, that won't be enough
I can think of one good reason: conference realignment.

It's not going to be good for UConn.

Reactions: lmhurst
It was cleverly a shot!
I think he wants his pick of recruits, he was making these comments last week too when talking about building rosters in 2024, he’s advertising that he’s NBA + Actually being a good coach.

He’s saying his recruiting pitch to top 10 freshman that are choosing between him and Cal/maybe Scheyer live on national TV as a National Champion. It’s a bold, effective strategy.

He’s trying to be able to reliably land impact freshmen, not taking shots at a program that lost in the first round.

He’s not taking shots at Kentucky, he’s taking shots at coaches who sell the NBA better than he does in recruiting.

Give it up folks lol. I mean seriously... take a step back and ask yourself I just won the ncaa title back to back here at school. Let me just pack up and try to do it somewhere else lol. Heck I haven't even cut nets down. Lol. But a optimistic mind says he might of said that to hint. Hey Kentucky get at me. Bring all the resources you got. Maybe I missing just one here lol

K and Billy both did it in the shot clock/3 pt era. What do you consider “modern”?
Billy is the only other one to do it. K did in 1991 and 1992. That’s 32 years ago. Donovan’s was in in 2006 and 2007. 17 years ago. Much more modern. I’d say anything after the expansion to 68 is considered the latest era. Granted that was 2011. So really Hurley is the IMLY one to do it since then.

Give it up folks lol. I mean seriously... take a step back and ask yourself I just won the ncaa title back to back here at school. Let me just pack up and try to do it somewhere else lol. Heck I haven't even cut nets down. Lol. But a optimistic mind says he might of said that to hint. Hey Kentucky get at me. Bring all the resources you got. Maybe I missing just one here lol
My thought would be "OK, I've done it here. If I go somewhere where I can get better recruits and have more NIL money, how dominant could we be?"

Give it up folks lol. I mean seriously... take a step back and ask yourself I just won the ncaa title back to back here at school. Let me just pack up and try to do it somewhere else lol. Heck I haven't even cut nets down. Lol. But an optimistic mind says he might of said that to hint. Hey Kentucky get at me. Bring all the resources you got. Maybe I missing just one here lol
Until the door is closed I'm going to keep fantasizing about him coming to UK. I bet bulls fans never thought Phil Jackson would leave after two 3 peats.

That's right and the 30 million deficit is after they increased revenues. So there is an opportunity for UK to win a bidding war for Dan H.

If I was UK AD , I would consult with a gentleman named Pat Riley how to develop a strategy to convince Dan .

UConn has 6 titles . Dan is Jersey guy. He is right that in the last 30 years Uconn ran the college basketball ….

Would he leave Uconn for Kentucky ?

When you make the call you need to sell him a dream, a vision, a platform and perhaps have on the call Pat Riley and former NBA players from Uk and some of the guys would deep pockets..

Dan is the hottest coach in college basketball.. If Uk is the best program we should go for the best!

Billy is the only other one to do it. K did in 1991 and 1992. That’s 32 years ago. Donovan’s was in in 2006 and 2007. 17 years ago. Much more modern. I’d say anything after the expansion to 68 is considered the latest era. Granted that was 2011. So really Hurley is the IMLY one to do it since then.
Right so you’re only familiar with the Calipari era, got it. That context explains a lot. Carry on.

I think he wants his pick of recruits, he was making these comments last week too when talking about building rosters in 2024, he’s advertising that he’s NBA + Actually being a good coach.

He’s saying his recruiting pitch to top 10 freshman that are choosing between him and Cal/maybe Scheyer live on national TV as a National Champion. It’s a bold, effective strategy.

He’s trying to be able to reliably land impact freshmen, not taking shots at a program that lost in the first round.

He’s not taking shots at Kentucky, he’s taking shots at coaches who sell the NBA better than he does in recruiting.
No different then Cal's scheme. But alot hypocrisy to say the least. Let's get more 5star freshman lol after winning back to back with a different mindset. Come on my fellow cat fan. He clearly taking a shot or is saying hey Kentucky get at me. Non of this other. Winning back to back, doesn't need to pitch anything to any recruit. Media days are here for Uconn for days. He already said we coming lol.

My thought would be "OK, I've done it here. If I go somewhere where I can get better recruits and have more NIL money, how dominant could we be?"
Then he be closer to John Calipari then he is Dan Hurley lol. He is the most dominant coach in college sports already lol. Like right now. Wakeup!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT