ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley to Lakers?

You sound like a moron. Lakers or UConn??? Umm, what job is better? Lady Huskies are more popular than the men’s program!

I can’t say much because I’ve been with my wife for 24 years. If she wanted to do things I would want to do what my wife wanted too. I guess you could say I’m whipped too I’m not ashamed of it. We have raised 4 kids and now we are living the good life with the grandkids. I wouldn’t trade my wife for anyone we’ve had our ups and downs but life has been great for many years!
I would as well but if I had the chance at a once in a lifetime opportunity then she would tell me to take it, he has now denied that twice.

You sound like a moron. Lakers or UConn??? Umm, what job is better? Lady Huskies are more popular than the men’s program!
It's rich you calling someone else a moron for not understanding a concept as simple as job security. You're even basing it on false assumptions. That Lady Husky basketball is a bigger deal to UConn than the men's program. It's a daft thought by someone who clearly couldn't think of a better argument.

It's rich you calling someone else a moron for not understanding a concept as simple as job security. You're even basing it on false assumptions. That Lady Husky basketball is a bigger deal to UConn than the men's program. It's a daft thought by someone who clearly couldn't think of a better argument.
Hahahaha

I don’t think he wants the job. It’s a bad culture fit. Can you imagine him trying to coach Lebron and AD like his UConn players?
1. it's daft to think what you're describing has anything to do with culture. It's pretty apparent you think culture is just some buzzword and really don't understand the meaning when people say it.
2. He would be fine coaching Lebron and AD. You don't even explain why you think it would be hard for a guy who's won titles to coach grown men.

Hurley is staying at Uconn because he can retire at UConn. He'll be fired after 3 years if he can't win with the shit teams the Lakers always put together

yeah, brother. A point by point rebuttal would have been impossible for you so it's the most contrived "Hahahaha" ever conceived. You're being defensive. You really shouldn't start arguments with people if you don't know how to argue.
I’m not your brother and your posts all sound the same “brother”!

I do it for a WHOLE lot less!
male stripper GIF by Magic Men Live

I assumed he was staying when he hadn't accepted within 24-48 hours.

Unless the Knicks come calling, he's going to be at UConn for a long time it seems.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I am the first person that wanted him to go to the NBA. Kept thinking we could pluck a player for our last scholly. Having said that, I am happy for him. Not many, in his profession, do the “right” thing. They chase money and their ego and regret it later. He knows he is happy and knows more money won’t make him happier. Good for him. Go cats!

There is no way his wife doesn’t control every part of his life. The way he eats. Walks. Talks, what recruiting trips to take, what position to get in before relations…etc

It’s insane to pass up UK to stay at that place but I get it. It’s diabolical to pass up the lakers
Maybe he is just happy where he is and decided against Lebum’s drama, I would think long and hard.

Reactions: KFuqua
It’s insane to pass up UK to stay at that place but I get it. It’s diabolical to pass up the lakers
Pitino says his greatest regret is taking the Celtics job. That job is on the same level. Knowing that it's not outrageous that Hurley was looking to avoid the same thing.

Reactions: TM2013
He’s a northeasterner through and through.

The NBA jobs he wants are Knicks, maybe Nets, Sixers, Celtics etc… most those aren’t coming open rn but things change quick in the NBA.

The Lakers would have had a better chance if they traded Lebron and AD and went all in on a 5 year youth movement and guaranteed him he had 4-5 years security to build. Nobody wants to deal with uncoachable coach killer Lebron and his antics, or glass man AD as your core pieces. And def don’t want to draft Bronny JR. Lebron isn’t the same dude who can carry a team single handily…he’s old and has maybe 1-2 years left (enough time to get you fired) and he won’t take a back seat to a young star.
I wouldn’t want to deal with LeBron as LeBron runs the show. That would probably not work with a personality like Hurley has.

Stay at a place where he’s won 2 titles and the folks he has to answer to are going to give him a lot a grace if he never wins another. He makes a very good living. All needs met
Or take an even bigger paycheck to move across country. Have more pressure and less control. LA is far from the paradise it once may have been. Magic and Kareem ain’t walking through that door.
I’m not a fan of his, and I hope they don’t win any more titles, but I think he made a smart decision.

Reactions: mc140 and NC Weasel
No they dominated but the fact they have won 6-7 finals fours is ridiculous luck. It won’t continue and he will reach the mean here soon. He absolutely may win a couple more but they can’t keep winning titles every 4-5 years on average.

Uconn is the luckiest program I've ever seen.

Uconn and their number of titles in a relatively short amount of time really is tricky to reconcile. Calhoun's success, especially when you consider his winning percentage in the final four, is not a fluke by any reasonable estimation. Yet his last title, and Kevin Ollie's were arguably given away by a certain coach that now calls Fayetteville Arkansas home. Who knows what the future holds for Hurley, but Uconn is way overdue for some brutal losses/choke jobs in the NCAAs.

I thought he would take the job with the Lakers but if he and his family is happy where they are at then good for him.

Why would anyone want the headache of coaching Lebron? The NBA will be there when he wants it. He has a chance to do something unprecedented. Chris Broussard today said that college basketball doesn’t have the same cache as it once did. Has he seen the NBA finals ratings? The NCAA tournament is and always will be a special time of year and something that is looked forward to. How many of us actually care about the NBA and its playoffs? It’s a shame NIL and the transfer portal have changed the landscape of collegiate athletics. Bring on March Madness and let the games begin.

Or maybe…he simply turned down a job
You can only make/spend so much money and he’s quite happy where he is
If someone like the Lakers reaches out to you, though, you have to listen to what they have to say
I don’t think it was anything more than that
Very sensible post.

There is no way his wife doesn’t control every part of his life. The way he eats. Walks. Talks, what recruiting trips to take, what position to get in before relations…etc

I hope Popes wife is equally as good as her.
Championships are imminent!

The stuff about his wife is silly. Also Norlander put out some stuff today saying that the Lakers job is not viewed that highly among NBA people. He said they don’t have much money and obviously have shown they can’t assemble a complete roster.

Oh I thought around that point Pitino was cheating on her and she like moved to live in Indiana or something. I was young back the so just vague memories or that drama.
He may have been cheating on her, I don't know about that.🥴 But, she is definitely the one who said they were moving back up east. It was her decision. I think he really wanted to stay. That's part of the reason he has brought up lately about his regret about not staying here. 🙂

Reactions: TM2013
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT