ADVERTISEMENT

Here's How the Committee Will Screw Us

Tampa_cat54

Senior
Apr 22, 2011
I think we lose @Ark and lose in the SEC-T final to Bama.

Pretty sure that gets us a 6 seed.

The last teams in the tournament get slotted in the 11 seeds typically.

Prepare now:

6-seed UK vs. 11-seed UNC

Oscar vs. Bacot

Revenge game for our 30 point beatdown of them last year.

The narrative will be UNC has the talent to put together another run like last year.

We still win the game, but have to expend a lot more energy and emotion because of the matchup and hype around it, and Oscar gets roughed up by Bacot and isn't nearly as fresh for round 2.

I'm not generally a conspiracy guy but I'm almost certain this is what will happen.

Meanwhile a 7-seeded Duke will get a 10-seeded Florida Atlantic and wins by 30.

Prepare now:

Oscar vs. Bacot

The narrative will be UNC has the talent to put together another run like last year.

We still win the game, but have to expend a lot more energy and emotion because of the matchup and hype around it, and Oscar gets roughed up by Bacot and isn't nearly as fresh for round 2.

I'm not generally a conspiracy guy but I'm almost certain this is what will happen.

You don’t have to be a conspiracy guy to know the committee normally screws UK regarding seeding. That 2017 draw was downright pathetic. Three top 5 teams in the same region: UK, UCLA and the cheats. Of course, we had to play them both, back to back. Had the cheats beat and then we got Higgins’d!

Screw the committee. Bring it on, we got nobody but ourselves to blame for where we get placed this year. We take it and I say - let's get mad and pissed off as hell at the entire process and just go out and WIN.

I'll take what we get this year. I just hope our team and coach can figure out a way to fight back and save what has otherwise been another disastrous season.

Prepare now:

Oscar vs. Bacot

If they get past the play in game. Because if they're even in right now they would have to be in Dayton. UVA is 28th now and could drop out of the Quad 1 for them putting them back to zero.😂

North Carolina is not a good team

True, but they do have some shooters on the perimeter who can do a lot of damage on a particular day. Bacot isn't bad either. Our defense hasn't been that great this year and any team that can score scares me.

We screwed ourselves by losing 9 games including at home to South Carolina. At this point I’m just happy we’re playing well enough to get in. Let the chips fall where they may. If you’re not a top 4 seed then you have no business being concerned about whether or not the committee screwed you.

We screwed ourselves by losing 9 games including at home to South Carolina. At this point I’m just happy we’re playing well enough to get in. Let the chips fall where they may. If you’re not a top 4 seed then you have no business being concerned about whether or not the committee screwed you.
Agreed. Most of the teams in don't even deserve to play for national championship, let alone F up a championship year for someone else on the worst night of their season. If the tournament wasn't so much fun, I'd advocate for a 16 team tournament. If you can't get in the top 16-20, you have no business playing for a national championship.

100% agree with this

Reactions: STL_Cat
Lol what? Not playing the victim, just pretty sure this is how it'll play out.
I’m just sayin man, like I said in my first post, there’s just no use in talking about the committee screwing us with the way we have played this year. At this point we should just be happy to be getting into the tournament. The only way they could screw is at this point is keeping us out.

Reactions: track42
I’m just sayin man, like I said in my first post, there’s just no use in talking about the committee screwing us with the way we have played this year. At this point we should just be happy to be getting into the tournament. The only way they could screw is at this point is keeping us out.

I can think of a few ways that they could screw us even if they leave us in. For example, if they seeded us lower than UNC. At this point, that would be a travesty considering their only Q1 win is against a collapsing Virginia team.

I can think of a few ways that they could screw us even if they leave us in. For example, if they seeded us lower than UNC. At this point, that would be a travesty considering their only Q1 win is against a collapsing Virginia team.
They could mis seed us, certainly, but like I said earlier … if you’re not a top 4 seed then you have no business complaining about your draw imo. I’m just happy we’re in a position to have a shot in march at this point considering 2 weeks ago it looked like we weren’t even going to be in. You’re picking knits if you’re worried about which of the two teams that had mediocre seasons gets a better draw.

They could mis seed us, certainly, but like I said earlier … if you’re not a top 4 seed then you have no business complaining about your draw imo. I’m just happy we’re in a position to have a shot in march at this point considering 2 weeks ago it looked like we weren’t even going to be in. You’re picking knits if you’re worried about which of the two teams that had mediocre seasons gets a better draw.

Yeah, I get your point but, to me, it is like the F1 on Toppin yesterday. It has zero effect on the game but it is the principle of the matter!

Reactions: sluggercatfan
You don’t have to be a conspiracy guy to know the committee normally screws UK regarding seeding. That 2017 draw was downright pathetic. Three top 5 teams in the same region: UK, UCLA and the cheats. Of course, we had to play them both, back to back. Had the cheats beat and then we got Higgins’d!
The Kansas State Draw was a gift.

I can't believe NC makes the tourny.
They may make the tourney. I’d say they have to beat Duke next wknd and then win 2 ACC tourney games. Do that and they’re in.

OTOH they can’t lose at FSU.

Jury still out. Don’t see a UK UNC matchup. Cats may not get a 6 anyway. More likely a 7 if they finish regular season 1-1 and go 1-1 in the tourney which seems the most likely outcome to me.

It's March in a few days there's nothing but good teams left. Nobody is scared of us and we ain't scared of them. Lineup and playball let's see what happens. GoCats!!

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Please let us play North Carolina. That is not a screw job at us.

769135b93a1b18fd4b07c6719de5dcfe2ea2943c.gif

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I thought we were the Kentucky Wildcats not the Kitty Cats.
January, all everyone said on here we wouldnt finish .500 in SEC and barely make the NIT
Until 2 weeks ago we were pitiful and not making the tournament when we were on the bubble.
Now when we lose we will blame Wheeler and he doesnt even play because hes injured. I guarantee it.
Now we are complaining about the draw.
Take a break Nancies

Couple years back we got the best draw UK has ever gotten and still screwed it up. No, don't remember the year.

Couple years back we got the best draw UK has ever gotten and still screwed it up. No, don't remember the year.
Majority of the time we get terrible draws. That’s not really debatable. Not sure which year you’re referencing, but we’ve had 1/2 decent draws recently. In 2019, having to play and beat Auburn for a third time was a tall task, although, we should’ve won that game. IIRC, Kansas and the cheats were in that region with us also.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT