ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of hope to land some season tickets this year for basketball with all the negativity from people swearing off their support.

This is funny. If you wanted season tickets, you could’ve had them for years. We bought a set in the lowers for the first time before this year and we had probably 30 different seating options presented to us to choose from. We even got aisle seats.

This is funny. If you wanted season tickets, you could’ve had them for years. We bought a set in the lowers for the first time before this year and we had probably 30 different seating options presented to us to choose from. We even got aisle seats.

I haven’t wanted them due to my life situations not allowing me to really have time to commit, but now I’ve bought Titans tickets and hopefully I’ll get UK Basketball tickets too.

A lot of those will be handed out to clients or employees honestly but having the choice to go when I want will be nice.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
Krazy, make no mistake, my pessimism about the UK basketball program begins and ends there. If anything, I'll be living my life in a much fuller way without the trappings of watching that maniacal asshat set aflame my beloved Cats.

It's not like we're walking around moping, it's 80 degrees outside here in NC and I've been enjoying the hell out of it with my kids.

What I won't be doing is talking about a bunch of kids I would be dog cussing in 7 months if I actually gave a shit about Kentucky basketball. Knox will start every game and be the whipping boy for the frustration of people that do continue to watch. That guy has the dragon written all over him.

No need to go full raftards krazy, everybody’s life is perfectly fine, we’re on here venting about a shitty coach like normal adults do. If you want to rub Cal’s balls all over your face that’s fine too, have at it, but we don’t need the “your life must be miserable lol” junior high stuff.

Last edited:
I don't think I can handle an entire effing offseason of krazy calling out all the disenchanted hardcore GYERO basketball posters with this high horse moral authority shit.

When Vern is dragging you on your sunshine pumps, maybe reflect on your stance.

Or just take that SmokyPearl shit to rafters -- or maybe the KSR Facebook comments section and align with the battered wives over there. Not necessary to vomit volume post (again) as this is GYERO.

Saw Andy Katz All American teams on Twitter and broke down the players to prove what we already knew:

3 sophomores
1 junior
3 seniors
1 super senior
5 first year transfers
6 second year transfers
1 3rd year transfer

But hey, we got 6 incoming freshman headlined by a 16 year old.

I admire Krazy’s fanaticism. It’s probably healthier to approach the program that way. But it’s just not in my nature, I suppose.

As for me, I’m tuning anything related to the UK basketball program out for a while. If I happen to catch a game on tv every once in a while when I have no other obligations, cool. But I am not planning a weekend around that outfit.

Maybe watch a mixtape of a new recruit/transfer that’s linked somewhere, sure. Read you guys breakdown a game, OK.

But I’m done getting my panties in a wad. That’s the healthy choice for me. Total disconnection.. I can’t blindly follow, hoping things shake out for the best. I’m way past hope.

Something about the definition of insanity and expecting different results.

For me, it's being stuck with an AD and coach who thinks the status quo is "good enough", and who do not prioritize winning basketball games.

Who would have ever imagined such a thing? Especially with the guy we hired in 2009.

UK basketball has always succeeded in the long term because it means so much to this state, and fans will accept nothing less. The current coach and AD are not aligned with this philosophy.

At this point, the only solace I can find is that

(a) Coach Rupp didn't do much in his final 12 or so years (relative to his first 30 years) and that didn't kill us.

(b) Probation didn't kill us.

(c) To a lesser degree, Tubby tailing off and then the BCG hire didn't kill us.

So, we've had a few stretches of mediocrity and always bounced back. That will happen again, it's just going to be a while.

Last edited:
Knox was -13 in 12 minutes.
He was, but he had 4 players who jacked up bad shot after bad shot. He was 4-6 (1-1 from 3), so he was hardly the reason for the -13. +/- is one of the most over analyzed stats in the game. He was NOT the reason for it, maybe if the dumbass coach would have played HIM instead of all the shot launchers in the 4th quarter, the West MIGHT have won. he played very solid in his 12 minutes, quite frankly, deserved MORE minutes.
Knox (12 minutes) - 9 points 4-6 (1-1) -13
Bailey (24 minutes) - 6 points 2-7 (0-3) 5 turnovers +11
Edgecombe (22 minutes) - 9 points 4-8 (0-1) 5 turnovers +11

Knox scored more than Bailey, same as Edgecombe, shot the ball better than BOTH, didn't have 5 turnovers like both of them, yeah, your +/- stat just doesn't pass the smell test. He played better than and deserved more minutes than both.

Last edited:
Reactions: jayroon
- Aside from a wanna be greaseball ruining my favorite few weeks of the year, life is pretty good over this way. A solid 8/10 I would say.

Baseball and softball are in full swing on the banks of the mighty cumberland river. My daughter (4th grade) is still getting on the basketball court a couple days a week for open gym. Her swing and stroke are coming around. Weve been working hard on a little floater / runner type shot. Gotta get out of the habit of making everything a set shot especially from about 6ft and in. No jumpers when we are that close.

My son couldnt care any less about ball but man he has a sweet little lefty swing. He did tell me he wanted an Easton Hype Fire. Any of you ball dads know if thats a good choice? I remember asking my parents for the brand new orange Connection when I played roughly 20 years ago. Full circle.

Work sucks considerably less since taking a new position. I dont even have to hype myself up to go in.

Expecting child #3. Looking like itll be a late fall baby. Im doing my part in bringing up the numbers of god fearing, government hating, blonde haired, and blue eyed pure bloods. Yal are gonna have to step up and do your part.

Gold is closing in on 2300oz. My co-worker who may actually be the Q in "Qanon" says its going to 50k. Act accordingly.

I admire Krazy’s fanaticism. It’s probably healthier to approach the program that way. But it’s just not in my nature, I suppose.

As for me, I’m tuning anything related to the UK basketball program out for a while. If I happen to catch a game on tv every once in a while when I have no other obligations, cool. But I am not planning a weekend around that outfit.

Maybe watch a mixtape of a new recruit/transfer that’s linked somewhere, sure. Read you guys breakdown a game, OK.

But I’m done getting my panties in a wad. That’s the healthy choice for me. Total disconnection.. I can’t blindly follow, hoping things shake out for the best. I’m way past hope.

Something about the definition of insanity and expecting different results.

(strokinwavepic.jpg)

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
Expecting child #3. Looking like itll be a late fall baby. Im doing my part in bringing up the numbers of god fearing, government hating, blonde haired, and blue eyed pure bloods. Yal are gonna have to step up and do your part.

Gold is closing in on 2300oz. My “co-worker” who may actually be the Q in "Qanon" says its going to 50k. Act accordingly.
Totally normal.

“….then next year could be as fun as this year”

[laughing]

I don’t even know how to process that. As fun as a colonoscopy? This horse has been beaten to death but watching easily correctable lineup decisions obliterate what could have been really cool year *yet* again was not fun.

Nate Oats has a third party analytics firm….one that prolly just confirmed his thoughts but was a good extra set of eyes to clean up the edges. Could you imagine what an analytics company would say to Cal?

“Ummmm, do you even read our reports? Play your best players, you idiot. I’m out. I’m not even bothering with any more spreadsheets, you don’t read them. I’m not even mad and I’m happy to refund your money, you nincompoop.”

“….then next year could be as fun as this year”

[laughing]

I don’t even know how to process that. As fun as a colonoscopy? This horse has been beaten to death but watching easily correctable lineup decisions obliterate what could have been really cool year *yet* again was not fun.

Nate Oats has a third party analytics firm….one that prolly just confirmed his thoughts but was a good extra set of eyes to clean up the edges. Could you imagine what an analytics company would say to Cal?

“Ummmm, do you even read our reports? Play your best players, you idiot. I’m out. I’m not even bothering with any more spreadsheets, you don’t read them. I’m not even mad and I’m happy to refund your money, you nincompoop.”
I mean, Oats was the one who publicly pointed out how good that one lineup was when we destroyed them! That was probably the kiss of death for its future use tbh.

Sisk & Graf's mailbag on HOB doesn't put much hope into next year.

The biggest insult anybody has ever given me on GYERO was Anth saying Krazy and I are similar.

I’ve been called drunk, fat, bald, loser, failure in life, shitty realtor etc.

None of them bothered me. When Anth hurled that grenade I had to look inside myself and change a few things.

In my defense, when I called you a drunk, fat, bald failure and shitty realtor, I myself felt attacked at that point.

Krazy you F’ing idiot. I was pissed when were completely pissing away the first 45 days of the season, let alone getting embarrassed in freaking Dance.

KY Basketball will be back. Most of us on here have been through several ishy cycles of it and the program always comes back when a hungry and competent coach is hired. The only question is how much longer do we have to wait. That is really my only real hold up with it all because there is no telling how long Mitch/UK is going to be held hostage by that ridiculous contract. Until then hope for the best, expect more of the same.

It’s not even a question of us “getting back”, we can and will. It’s the point that we all have only so much time left on this earth. Sucks to have to deal with a year or two of total sunk cost / wasted time where we all know the outcome of those years and we all know how much the will piss us off.

My oldest is wrapping up 8th grade and really doesn’t know fun deep March runs. Potentially two more years of this crap and then a new coach he could be a JR in HS before Coach Oats takes us deep in March.

IDK, I’d like to enjoy some of this stuff with kith and kin frankly.

Now I’m more pissed than when I started typing….thanks Cats.

The only thing that will cause me to believe that there is an actual new approach under Cal is to see UK not only recruit the best portal guys, but actually land several of them this offseason. That means the messaging and the NIL situation is improved.

If he continues to recruit portal guys with the moronic message of "Don't look at the money you can get paid in college and instead pay attention to the millions we can help you get in the NBA", don't expect anything to get better.

These guys don't view themselves as highly valued NBA talents, so pitching them as if they are John Wall or Anthony Davis is pure insanity and ignorance. They want their payday NOW because they aren't confident in a significant one later.

I’m not as excited about next years FR class as this one, but they have some promise and may fit Calipari’s style better than last years class.

1- Boogie Fland is a tough northeastern PG. Really impressed tonight in every way you’d want a PG to impress. Perfect mix of floor general, playmaker and scorer.

2- Quantance is a man child. Because he is a guaranteed 2year kid and already plays like a man as a rebounder and put backs he fits as a 2nd big on the court off the ball.

3- Knox didn’t play much but looked into it even from the bench. Made some plays but wasn’t spectacular at all. Really hope his drive kicks in to avoid being the next in a long line using our program to springboard to the nba.

4- McNeely I’d honestly pass on. His kind is always tough to evaluate in those type games but if it’s him or a portal transfer id rather see a transfer. He is the type that could see a 2nd year so that would be his biggest intrigue.

If Cal can get Reed back and land the Rutgers center to put around these kids then next season could be as fun as this one was.
Oh FFS.

The difference between us needing to “get back” after probation or Tubby or BCG, is literally the only thing holding us back is our coach. You give any top 30 coach this roster and we’re at least in the second weekend.

We don’t need to rebuild or make the UK brand cool again. We just literally need to fire a guy.

Last edited:
-Just snagged my free Rays tickets from Fan Fest. Of course the Rangers, Yankees, Red Sox, Mets and Cubs are exempt, thanks northerners…

My buddy walked a couple blocks from his house last night bored at home and went to the game by himself. Walked up 2nd inning, watched 4 innings and home by 9 all for $10. No parking, no traffic, literally watching real life major league baseball for $10…that’s pretty dope.

-Wait, are people really breaking down next year’s roster… wow.

Who hurt you? When did you become so into S&M? Does your Dominatrix force you to type this stuff out against your will?

I guess I don’t understand MLB rules. The ump found something sticky on Diaz’s hand, but let him pitch anyways. He sends a report into New York and Rob Manfred now decides the punishment. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT