ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

The US could be good in soccer if they committed to the Euro model where as a youth you spend about 99% of your time training and play very few games.

Soccer parents here have to have the weekly payoff of watching their kids in a game so the US model emphasizes game results over actual improvement through training.

Per a former English footballer named David May and former USMNT member Chad Deering.

Reactions: Catman100
Flew out to Vegas for a few days and then San Diego. Pretty wild to go from 110-75 degrees. Take the Nashville airport for granted until you hit up Omaha or San Diego. In Omaha, after security, you couldn’t buy a soft drink. Didn’t realize that was possible in the 21st century.

The Hotel Del Coronado is one of the best spots we have stayed in. Stunning views, food on site was good. You could walk to all kinds of things. Everybody was having a blast. Coronado Beach is about as good as it gets when it comes to beach experiences.

Don’t know exactly what is going on with UK football but they seem to have some new life in the NIL $ department. They will soon be top 20 in team rankings. Unfortunately, that will be around 10th in the SEC.

The Georgia game is the one I have circled as our upset possibility. Ole Miss and UT will be ready for ol’ UK. For some reason, Kirby doesn’t try to just stomp the hell out of Stoops. That can cost you. On a day you turn it over a bunch/miss FG’s/4th downs on the road. Just can’t imagine winning in Austin. So I’ll go with the longest shot.

I’m one of the biggest Cal detractors on here. But listening to folks give him a hard time for Justin Edwards slide in the draft is comical. He gave the kid an entire year. Cost us several wins in doing so. He has 1,000 warts. Pick one that’s legit. Or be honest about JE. He just isn’t ready yet and may never be.

Hate on the Cubs all you want, we got 2 kids in the future’s all star game that should already be up to replace our two weakest positions.

This year is a lost cause, but I want to see the team with Shaw and Crissie up.

Silly Reds fans excited to be 1.5 up adds perspective to their expectations.

• Haha
Reactions: 80 Proof
He played JE in the wrong college position and continued to start him regardless of his astonishingly inept play.

Benching someone or playing them at the position they're currently prepared to play(rather than projected) could have big impacts. Especially if he has any balls. In fact, starting him, only to play him like 20 minutes a game seems way more harsh than just encouraging to earn his spot back.

Last edited:
I’m one of the biggest Cal detractors on here. But listening to folks give him a hard time for Justin Edwards slide in the draft is comical. He gave the kid an entire year. Cost us several wins in doing so. He has 1,000 warts. Pick one that’s legit. Or be honest about JE. He just isn’t ready yet and may never be.

Word. And Justin Edwards's camp will point to the Bama game to say "this is who he really is". Wrong. Edwards was basically the same guy all season long. He had his ups (Bama) and downs (KU), but he basically was a decent 4th/5th option rotation player with a skillset made for the college game instead of pro.

Cal can’t coach hybrid 3/4 guys in the modern age. Will F up Knox the Younger soon. He hasn’t nailed that type of player since 2012 with MKG and Jones. Those days are long past. Today, both dudes are 4s who better be playing alongside 3 playmakers/shooters.

I've been a US soccer fan since the 90 World Cup and leading up to WC 94 here in the States. It is a frustrating affair for sure but I'm also a Reds, Bengals and UK Football fan too, so it is par for the course. It is also why UK basketball being meh is COMPLETELY unacceptable. I can't get into club soccer, but international soccer has always been fascinating to me. The US is light years away from how bad they were pre 1990 but also light years away from being a world elite. It is what it is.

Love the makeup of the basketball team. Williams being a great defender and passer from the post will be a breath of fresh air from the stiffs we had last year. Robinson looks smooth as hell on the wing and shooters all around. Having two of the best defenders in the nation at 2 very important positions is a boon.

When Justin Edwards got blocked by the rim down 3 mid-ways through the second half, I knew we were done and possibly Cal was done. We have had guys not live up to the hype coming in for sure, but Edwards is way up near the top of that list.

Last edited:
There’s a reason Pope went after him first. Beautiful passer.
One of the practice videos had Pope guarding Amari to demonstrate some skill and Pope was just bouncing off of him in a way Pope didn't against Carr or Garrison. Pope is 51, etc but dude did play in the NBA and knows a thing or two about his craft.

I think Amari is going to be special here. He, Butler, and Carr are going to be the foundation of this team and I think we are going to absolutely murk a surprising amount of people.

Old age and treachery is tough to beat.

Bronny James seems like a good kid and seems significantly more grounded than OG ENG, but he should tell his agent and team to stop saying he "earned this". Everybody knows it's a lie. Everybody can see it's a lie. Do they think we're stupid? Instead, the message should be that the Lakers think he has potential. Simple as that.

He played JE in the wrong college position and continued to start him regardless of his astonishingly inept play.

Benching someone or playing them at the position they're currently prepared to play(rather than projected) could have big impacts. Especially if he has any balls. In fact, starting him, only to play him like 20 minutes a game seems way more harsh than just encouraging to earn his spot back.
I think this is a result of Cal losing his aura with the very top recruits. Forced him to take players who had conditions to their commitment, such as starting and playing in their projected position in the pros, not in the position that would make them more productive in college.

He know if he blew up his last pipeline to five stars he’d be stuck having to actually coach up lower ranked players into contributors.

According to Pilgram on the latest podcast this is what Edwards’camp was most pissed off about. He did the kid zero favors by starting him when everyone in the building, especially JE, knew he was coming out in 5 minutes only to do it again in the 2nd half.

Had to keep the 5 stars happy, I guess.

My Big Blue starting lineup:

Butler
Robinson
Brea
Carr
Williams
The only possible change I could see would be bringing Robinson off the bench like Pope did last year and starting Oweh or Kerr (no way I'm going to remember how to do the vowels in his last name) -- most likely Oweh. Our best defensive lineup looks at this point to be Butler, Oweh, Robinson (or Brea -- both seem above average if I remember the scouting reports correctly), Carr, and Williams. You could probably sub out Carr for Garrison depending on matchups but don't let pigment fool you -- Carr looks like a solid defensive 4.

I think Pope is going to surprise everyone by putting almost Kelvin Sampson level focus on defense and figure the offense will take care of itself with these many parts.

While I know we all have bad tastes in our mouthes about not starting your 5 best, I'd be inclined to wait and see with Pope since he's already proved it can work last year and there is an unusual bond between coach and player there that defies typical analysis. (Kind of weird that in Robinson and Kerr, Pope seems to have two guys that he is especially in tune with mentally already. That's rare.)

This popped up on my For You and I still can't figure out why Arkansas posted it. It seems like a terrible indictment on the team.

That man is D-O-N-E.

He wants nothing to do with the grind. Those are the eyes and tone of a man that only wants to be a head coach on game days only. I can’t imagine what goes through his mind every single morning when he rolls out of bed.

That thing was a beauty. Totally wrecked?
Soft side of room toast. Carpet already removed, walls base and drywall willl need to be removed 4’ above floor. leather couch legs got wet, Red Tree NULU entertainment Ctr wet. Barstools were in water on tile side.

Some priceless shit from folks house (pics/prints) gone. IM Pei signed poster of Louvre gone.

No bottles broke, bar fridge works…

Wanted to crush beverages this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT