ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve never been carded harder anywhere in my life than Charlie Browns. Every single time your server would walk your ID all the way across the pitch black bar/restaurant and have the bartender who couldn’t even see you do a hard inspection.

Never made any sense to me.

Reactions: roguemocha
Feel like you all just skipped right over the fact we're allegedly going to have these f*cking things roaming the artic regions of the world next year. Jurassic Park shit.

gettyimages-1192974093_wide-1aea93fe5807c339467ec59885a6077ab4ec61ec-s800-c85.webp
SueD's son is in for it.

While on the topic of TCaP, my neighbors are melting down right now. Pretty wild to this point.

Sunday the wife calls my wife to apologize for the screaming/shouting that neither of us have heard. Tells my wife she's taking her daughter and leaving. Please call the cops for wellness check if we hear anything. Oh and don't text her because he gets a copy of all her texts.

Yesterday while dog dadding with the pups in the backyard, the dad is out back and unloads his life story on me. Truly bizarre and he's definitely cracking from the weight of everything. So, here goes...

Wife thinks he's having an affair. Tells me he was a virgin when they met and never been with another female.

His son left for college 3 years ago and hasn't come home. Is now a cross-dresser. His mom doesn't accept and dad doesn't like the "fudgepacking." (Can't imagine why the kid hasn't come home.) Son was molested in kindergarten and 10th grade. (WTF?!)

Daughter and son don't speak anymore. He abandoned her and she has to wait on mom 24/7.

Mom is probably 350 lbs and had that stomach surgery where they cut half your stomach out. Hasn't worked for 17 years. Gets money from family and buys shit on Amazon. Dad makes all the meals, cleans, works...does it all.

I'm speechless. I'm just trying to get my pup to take a shit and go back to work and this poor guy is losing his mind.

Then, asks to go have a beer sometime. Which I'm interested enough to do if I can help him out and he obviously has all the stories I've been missing out on. Thought about rolling him up a joint but he's a Jehovah's Witness and not sure how far he takes that.

Btw, Maverick is f'ing awesome. Probably watched it 10x while it's been out on Epix this month.

-Florida is trash so they're going to pair us with the best other team. We've ended the season several times with other teams.

-Get through this week unscathed then we can start dreaming. Would've been nice if our coach played our best players against UCLA, USCar, and Missouri. Grab 2 of those wins and we're in a much better position.

-Maverick is the best movie I've seen this year. Ts.

-Speaking of #freezingcoldtakes The Great Resignation is sub-zero. IT layoffs are nutso right now.

-Devin Leary looks 35 years old.

-Just over 5 weeks until March. Eye -> Prize. Should start seeing that sun stay up later and later before too long. LFG.
I agree on Leary. When I saw him, I was like that’s the quarterback??? .kinda thought he looked like an out of shape grad assistant. But maybe he can play…guess we will see,

While on the topic of TCaP, my neighbors are melting down right now. Pretty wild to this point.

Sunday the wife calls my wife to apologize for the screaming/shouting that neither of us have heard. Tells my wife she's taking her daughter and leaving. Please call the cops for wellness check if we hear anything. Oh and don't text her because he gets a copy of all her texts.

Yesterday while dog dadding with the pups in the backyard, the dad is out back and unloads his life story on me. Truly bizarre and he's definitely cracking from the weight of everything. So, here goes...

Wife thinks he's having an affair. Tells me he was a virgin when they met and never been with another female.

His son left for college 3 years ago and hasn't come home. Is now a cross-dresser. His mom doesn't accept and dad doesn't like the "fudgepacking." (Can't imagine why the kid hasn't come home.) Son was molested in kindergarten and 10th grade. (WTF?!)

Daughter and son don't speak anymore. He abandoned her and she has to wait on mom 24/7.

Mom is probably 350 lbs and had that stomach surgery where they cut half your stomach out. Hasn't worked for 17 years. Gets money from family and buys shit on Amazon. Dad makes all the meals, cleans, works...does it all.

I'm speechless. I'm just trying to get my pup to take a shit and go back to work and this poor guy is losing his mind.

Then, asks to go have a beer sometime. Which I'm interested enough to do if I can help him out and he obviously has all the stories I've been missing out on. Thought about rolling him up a joint but he's a Jehovah's Witness and not sure how far he takes that.

Btw, Maverick is f'ing awesome. Probably watched it 10x while it's been out on Epix this month.
Greatest “I said all that to say this” ever.

* MLB Hall of Fame ballots revealed today at 6pm. Scott Rolen sure has aged well, and he'll probably get in eventually. His late career run with the Reds was drastically underrated.

Runner up for Indiana Mr Basketball once upon a time, too.

* Other Cooperstown chatter....

- Todd Helton and Andruw Jones are a big fat NOPE from me
- Carlos Beltran deserves to be in
- Billy Wagner = yes

Rolen's 4 years w/ Cincy was underrated? Lol...he played essentially one full season which was decent, and 3 partials which were poor. He'll probably squeak by somehow.

So you're the type that is going to hold Coors Field over Helton's head...as if he had a choice. He hit .287 w/ 142/547 away from home. He was a hitting machine and the best player in team history. You need to read this w/ a glass of water to help the crow go down...

https://www.mlb.com/news/todd-helton-hall-of-fame-case

Jones for his first 11 years (enough time) was HOF lock. The last few years combined with personal troubles hurt him, but keeping the best defensive CF ever out of the HOF when his offense during that tenure was excellent is asinine.

Beltran is your only saving grace in your charade. But you can't allow him in and not Jones.

Wagner...toss up.

Do us all a favor and stop posting about baseball. You continue to be a fish out of water.

It sounds like this guy doesn’t make the best decisions and could possibly be a cereal killer. I’d probably politely decline the beer outing.

Sounds like catlanta has a pretty swanky neighborhood situation

We’re doing what now with Wooly Mamouths?

Eating at Chipotle for the first time in probably 5 years, waltzed in at 1PM and it looked like a war zone. Workers needed hooked up to IVs, so I’m assuming they still have the crazy lunch rush in there. Food was still pretty decent but I forgot how nuclear hot their hot sauce is GD. My stomach already starting to hurt what do they put in that shit.

Much like wine at the grocery store I see the play for furniture stores it to just put a large make believe number on top and then SALE price underneath, which my wife falls for everytime. “But what if we come back and it’s not on sale anymore?!” 🙄

Reactions: rudd1
He's a Hall of Famer due to a completely flawed, partisan, ridiculous, rigged system. Tony Larussa wanted him in, so there ya go.
Unlike UKO, I trust and value your baseball opinions. I'm curious, who are some guys that are not in the HoF that you think should definitely be in, excluding steroid omissions?

Chipotle has gone downhill FAST. And I'm not talking about the food, but the overall service level/presentation.

The one closest to me......

- minimum 10-15 people standing in line pissed off at all times
- 2-3 completely overworked, pissed off employees who don't give AF
- to go/carryout/food delivery app tickets are piling up, and a new one is being added to the stack like every 10 seconds
- 5-10 grumpy ass delivery people hoarding all the space by the cash register waiting for their order

They've also completely abandoned the self pickup window, and if the drink machine is out of ice or one of the drinks is out of syrup and needs to be changed, the staff just gives the ole McDonald's ice cream machine excuse of "it's broken and is out for the night."

Man, not to be a grumpy oldhead or whatever, but how does a business that's so huge and lucrative not have at least one legit adult/manager on hand at all times? I legit feel awful for their employees, as they walk into a war zone every day.

Not Chris Hansen level but DFW has these sweeps a few times a year where some unlucky bastards answer the wrong ad for a hotel meet up. The latest netted 46 Johns.

A couple of days before the news story came out it was announced that the OC at my nephews high school was taking a mental health break from football. Sure enough, the football players found his mugshot after the story came out describing some of those arrested(high school football coach).

- Since then people have noticed how schmoopy his social media posts are/were. Lesson is, don't go overboard in kissing your significant others ass on SM.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Fast casual places have probably had the biggest drop off of anything since COVID started. Unlike fast food where the drive-thru is the main attraction, sitting down and having a decent meal fast is the exact appeal of Chipotle, QDoba, etc.

I feel like all the doordash, etc orders overwhelm them and both the to-go orders and the dine-in experience are lousy now.

Former Sayre Spartan head basketball coach. Somehow made his way down to Louisiana.

link: Coach Steve Weir

You may have noticed that the Sheriff’s Arrest Report for this week (published in Wednesday, May 13th Journal) included an additional charge placed against Steve Weir. He was charged with violation of a protective order and bond was set at $5,000.

Weir is a former local high school coach who was arrested last July. Here are the charges against Weir at that time: Steven Pierce Weir…was booked into the Red River Parish Jail on the following charges: Molestation of a Juvenile (25 counts), Prohibited Sexual Contact between an Educator and a Student (60 counts) and one count each of Extortion, Computer Aided Solicitation of Minor and Cyberstalking. (The Journal July 30, 2019)

Hey why don't you have a seat right over there.

* Portnoy's interview on Joe Rogan sucked, btw. Think anth735 hit on it a couple weeks ago. I hated Portnoy from the first time I ever realized who he was (his Goodfella's Pizza debacle), but I was genuinely very intrigued to hear his story. Unfortunately, that's not very often what you get with JRE. Instead, it was 3 hours of UFC, boxing, hunting, workout chatter, stand up comedy, etc, etc. So my update -- he can be super douchey, but what he's accomplished is amazing, I'm super jealous of his success, and he's cool AF the majority of the time.

* Lord help me, but I just went down a Slap Fight Championship rabbit hole. Shew wee.

I actually fully support this behavior. Need to thin the herd a bit, and this is a great start. I can't even imagine where they dig these fools up. Shamokin Thunder Clap, ftw.

Bengals have moved from +2.5 to -2.5 in 36 hours.

This line movement makes me think Mahomes isn’t playing. Despite what Reid and Pat have said

Reactions: jayroon
-like all people Portnoy is both good/bad. He's done well for himself and helped some folks out along the way.

^had literally no idea about his politics til reading about them a few minutes ago ITT.

-he isn't (his persona*) not my cup of tea. That said he's doing something right...so my opinion means jack shit.**

*Dirtbag/man-child/mass hole.

**a lesson/perspective hard learned. Highly recommend.

-gyero/schemgate slapfight tourney this fall?

We’re doing what now with Wooly Mamouths?

Eating at Chipotle for the first time in probably 5 years, waltzed in at 1PM and it looked like a war zone. Workers needed hooked up to IVs, so I’m assuming they still have the crazy lunch rush in there. Food was still pretty decent but I forgot how nuclear hot their hot sauce is GD. My stomach already starting to hurt what do they put in that shit.
Apparently we're developing and re-introducing Woolly Mammoths into the "wild". Basically huge Jurassic Park style areas in Siberia and Alaska. They, allegedly, help reduce global warming. This was on the Forrest Galante JR Episode. Which, unlike the Portnoy Ep, was very entertaining.

Chipotle is a gotdarn mess. Been like that since rona. Half the time they wouldn't even open the doors. You'd just have to wait at the doors for some zombie to throw your bag of cold wrong food at you. I gave up on them in late 20. Place used to hum.. had a great manager that knew my order, 10 people buzzing around behind the counter, food hot and fresh, and very little wait. Sucks. I'm down to basically ordering a couple grilled nuggets from CFA if I'm forced to eat on the road.

• Wow
Reactions: Ron Mehico
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT