ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Baylor looked like doo-doo water in the last 5:00 of that game last night. Press offense was very shaky. They ran nothing but straight-line, 1 on 1 isolations with about 6 seconds left on the shot clock. Hoped to get fouled or throw in a layup. Maybe they'd kick it out and brick a contested 3 just to mix it up. Wild.

Proceed with Scott Drew wishes at your own risk imo.

*I know this post has troubling verb tense. I don't have time to proofread. Deal with it.

I thought Baylor looked like doo-doo water in the last 5:00 of that game last night. Press offense was very shaky. They ran nothing but straight-line, 1 on 1 isolations with about 6 seconds left on the shot clock. Hoped to get fouled or throw in a layup. Maybe they'd kick it out and brick a contested 3 just to mix it up. Wild.

Proceed with Scott Drew wishes at your own risk imo.

*I know this post has troubling verb tense. I don't have time to proofread. Deal with it.
Yeah, he's like 3rd for me. Built a good thing down there but having 1 title is a negative in this situation. I'm ready for an assassin.

It absolutely won’t happen, but we could still grab a #1 seed. That would be 5 more wins against top-25 opponents, and another 1-2 in the SEC Tournament.

Won’t happen, but it’s a good reminder of how much more work we could do to improve our seeding. Maybe a hot streak gets us to a 4 or better? A week ago we weren’t even in the field at all. Basketball Benny lineup, ftmfw. Gives me a little bit of hope.

Clearly I missed something in the last year or 2, but how in the hell do we have SEC West Arkansas two times this year?

That last game of the regular season is going to have ALOT on the line for us by then!

Probably be the best 8 seed in the tournament. Thanks to Cal we’ll have the toughest road to the Final Four.

And some poor #1 will draw us and get beat.

Please win tonight, Cats.

Do that and we’re going to have a well oiled, foaming at the mouth Saturday night at Rupp crowd that could be the kind of fun this fanbase hasn’t experienced in a long time. A chance to remind college basketball that we’re still KENTUCKY.

This BJW is not really asking for much. I just want to feel that damn feeling again. It’s been too long.

Clearly I missed something in the last year or 2, but how in the hell do we have SEC West Arkansas two times this year?

That last game of the regular season is going to have ALOT on the line for us by then!
images

For as long as I remember we have played Florida the last game of the season.

Also for as long as I remember whatever SEC West team we play twice it’s usually one of the first few games of SEC play and not twice in the last 2-3 weeks of the season like this year.

Whatever happened to cause that on a year we draw Arkansas is stupid.

Please win tonight, Cats.

Do that and we’re going to have a well oiled, foaming at the mouth Saturday night at Rupp crowd that could be the kind of fun this fanbase hasn’t experienced in a long time. A chance to remind college basketball that we’re still KENTUCKY.

This BJW is not really asking for much. I just want to feel that damn feeling again. It’s been too long.
Actually per Chief we have a better chance to win if we are coming off of a loss so I hope we lose tonight to give us a chance this weekend

-Florida is trash so they're going to pair us with the best other team. We've ended the season several times with other teams.

-Get through this week unscathed then we can start dreaming. Would've been nice if our coach played our best players against UCLA, USCar, and Missouri. Grab 2 of those wins and we're in a much better position.

-Maverick is the best movie I've seen this year. Ts.

-Speaking of #freezingcoldtakes The Great Resignation is sub-zero. IT layoffs are nutso right now.

-Devin Leary looks 35 years old.

-Just over 5 weeks until March. Eye -> Prize. Should start seeing that sun stay up later and later before too long. LFG.

Top Gun: Maverick is nominated for an Oscar for Best Picture. The Oscars haven't meant shit for a while now, but this makes it official. The Oscars are meaningless. What a shame.

Heaven forbid a movie that 90+% of America loves get an Oscar bid. Refreshing change from some psycho analytical screenplay bullshit that was in the theaters for 2 weeks.

Reactions: WayneDougan
* The whole Chris Hansen/To Catch A Predator thing -- how is that not entrapment?

Not pro pedo or anything, I'm just wondering.

* If Kansas is more dangerous coming off a loss, then how many losses in a row does it take for this theory to kick in? Also, please answer the same for Louisville.

* IT layoffs = #learntocode

* Can we get assistbyhawkins a ticket to the game Saturday? I want to see him hold up a sign that says "TSHIEBWE IM FROM THE CONGO TOO."

Pretty believable, and it would be cool as s*** to see if Oscar noticed and maybe signed some autographs or something for him.

* The entire Live At Redmon's album is posted on YouTube. So is Genuine Original.

Thanks to my favorite channel "Poop Kisses."

* Top 5 Happy Hours (Lexington Edition, circa 2001):

1> Ramsey's (High St, RIP)
2> O'Charley's (Nicholasville Rd) -- $1 beers, 1/2 priced apps
3> Campus Pub, Waller Ave (what the hell was it called back then??) -- 1/2 priced everything on the whole menu
4> Malabu Pub (great Sunday night karaoke crowd)
5> Camelot East ($5 pitchers, $5 table dances)

* MLB Hall of Fame ballots revealed today at 6pm. Scott Rolen sure has aged well, and he'll probably get in eventually. His late career run with the Reds was drastically underrated.

Runner up for Indiana Mr Basketball once upon a time, too.

* Other Cooperstown chatter....

- Todd Helton and Andruw Jones are a big fat NOPE from me
- Carlos Beltran deserves to be in
- Billy Wagner = yes

* Do you think McDonald's tries to win a James Beard Award every year? Of course not. Their goal is to make money, and to do it by mass producing addictive, low quality, overmarketed food that's available on every major street corner in the world. That's how pop music is, including all the Nashville country you hear on the radio. It just is what it is, as they say. And you don't eat Jeff Ruby's every meal, so sometimes you crave a $4 breakfast from McDonald's. Trash music has it's place, I suppose. It's why you can both agree it's garbage, and also jam TF out to Redneck Yacht Club every time you're within 3 miles of a lake.

* Morgan Wallen = totally cool with Sand In My Boots, btw.

* Poppin' Toppin.

Short answer on entrapment is that it requires proof that law enforcement coerced the defendant into doing something he was not of the mindset to do. Most of the chat room busts are guys who initiate conversations or enter the chat room with criminal intent.

I didn't realize To Catch a Predator has been gone for so long but it ended in 2008 when one of the people Hansen was visiting was a District Attorney who killed himself when he realized what was happening.

• Wow
Reactions: Ron Mehico
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT