ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Look, it’s January 23rd. We’re basically right smack in the middle of winter. It’s been muddy for 40 straight days. Half of the country is dying from covid, the other half is dying from the vaccine. Kentucky recently lost to an otherwise winless South Carolina team at HOME. I’m going to enjoy every W we get bc they sure don’t come easy these days.

Cal ignored conventional basketball wisdom and almost sabotaged the entire season due to his own stubbornness, I don’t want to hear any smack from him.

I’m enjoying the maturation of this team and believe there is a good chance we could do some damage with college basketball just “blah”. Time to grind out a decent seed and make a tournament run, anything less is a disappointment.

Part of the problem w my current gig is we’ve moved offices to harrodsburg. I’m not trying to be disrespectful to Mercer county, but it makes nicholasville look like Dubai.
images

Hot take: I love Vandy's gym. Odd place for sure, but I never understood the hate. Would feel different if we were losing there, but we rarely do. I lived in Nashville for ~8 years and watched most Cats games there. Got season tickets one year for $75, just to watch the UK, Florida (back-to-back ship era), and UT (Lofton era) games.

5 y/o finished up his first basketball season last night. Loves it, much more than baseball. He's taller than most of the other kids in the league, and about halfway through the season discovered he could block shots. Finished up with probably 8-10 on the year. As far as I could tell, no one else had any. #prouddad

Cal seeing the light re: lineups has been the main catalyst for the recent turnaround, but that isn't everything. Toppin decided to embrace his role as an above the rim utility guy. Fredrick decided to commit to being a more assertive player and leader. Oscar committed to being at least serviceable on defense. Dude was a matador for a couple months. Still, Cal getting his ish together probably inspired the players to do the same.

Santa brought our house a shitty telescope and now I'm obsessed with space again. Unexpectedly being able to see Jupiter and several of its moons through a cheap plastic tube and a couple of pieces of glass did it this time. Mind blowing perspective.

Gonna try my hand at making some kolaches. Every time we visit fam in Texas, I eat my weight in those things. Seem easy enough to make at home.

Reactions: klambert6
Great weekend that started Friday night at Ruby's. Got to see Mr. and Mrs. MFC and the and some midget actor.

Saturday we watched UK game, drank for 5 hours at Waldo's, went to a Bday party, then another get together after that one. Didn't make it home until 5.

Sunday, I did nothing. Damn near slept 16 hours.

Is it just me or does life like to kick you in the dick just as you start feeling good?

One of my brothers tried to off himself yesterday via overdose. Thankfully his girlfriend had a tracker on his phone and she was able to locate him as he passed out talking on the phone to the woman my Dad dated for 25 years. He sees her as a mother figure. His girlfriend calls 911, EMS shows up and gives him narcan and takes him to the hospital. Looks like he's headed home today. For how long, who knows.

OTOH, GBB!

With the Kansas game being the first “event feel” type of game this team has had all year bet your ass TOOTS PALUMBO aka the gatekeeper of all those that walk out of the tunnel premium seat holder group is going to be on one Saturday night.

Glad handing, throwing stink eyes at those she doesn’t recognize, and generally making herself obvious in such an obnoxious manner. I can see all of it now and it’s already making me angry.
Experienced the Toots stink eye in Section 22 About 10 years ago. We are 5 rows back and she sat in front of us. Players family sits in the first 3 rows and she was continually tucking it up with the Fam.

Last edited:
Really encouraged from last night and to echo a little bit of Killa, this is basically the first 2 weeks of the season as far as I'm concerned.

News to no one on here but it clearly was the lineup that our HOF coach should have featured from the start. But here we are at the effing end of January finally seeing what this team should have, at a bare minimum, looked like from the start. What a shithead.

- Wodie brought it up via text last night and I agree 100% that the Cason post-up wrinkle was really good -- and we demand to see more of it. With his physicality and ability to finish, it's a no-brainer. But then again we'll probably never see it again.

- Still don't like Thiero getting zero run but I guess beggars can't be choosers now that we have started to click. Keeping a close eye on this development (or lack thereof). He's uber talented, not afraid of the moment, sniffs out 50/50's... all of the things Cal historically worships. Just going ahead and setting myself up for the transfer ahead of time so I'll be less hurt when it happens.

- Oscar wasn't terrible in P&R but surprised Stack didn't attack it more.

Speaking of Oscar, I think light finally clicked for him in that he doesn't need to be the featured guy on O to 'get his' and have this team still be successful. The offense *must* be outside-in, provided there is at least 2 shooters on the floor at a given time. He'll get plenty of touches if we focus on hunting good shots from the perimeter.

Randos:

- Snagged a Blanton's SFTB on secondary with my 8 month old boy's exact DOB on the dump date. Pumped to hopefully give it to him on his wedding day or whatever. My mom didn't really like the idea of giving him a bottle of bourbon on his first birthday but you do you, Dena.

- Anyone else got a 1K word rundown on San Antonio? Still on the fence about visiting.

- Sweat for Surgeries? Skipped the booster so I should make it out OK Friday evening. Not worried!

- Not much I can do but wait -- however, I'm worried about some of my shrubs coming back after that vicious cold snap. Took its toll around here and it makes me sad. Leyland cypruses look rough and my Schip Laurels are completely fried brown. Grief.

/indent

Last edited:
Hot take: I love Vandy's gym. Odd place for sure, but I never understood the hate. Would feel different if we were losing there, but we rarely do. I lived in Nashville for ~8 years and watched most Cats games there. Got season tickets one year for $75, just to watch the UK, Florida (back-to-back ship era), and UT (Lofton era) games.
Nah, it's an absolute piece of shit. By far the worst venue I've been in for any type of event.

Reactions: BernieSadori
At least once a week a thread pops up and I’m like “yeah, this will turn into the political thread in like 12 posts, tops.”

But I’m not gonna lie — never in a million years did I think Keion Brooks would be the kindling for that fire. Totally caught me off guard.

RANDOMS:
- Give me the yellow cap Sunny D "Smooth Orange" over the original orange cap one all day/everyday. It's not even close.

- The go-to school lunchbox meal was:
* Bologna sandwich (BBQ Grippo's smashed in the sammie)
* Andy Capp Hot Fries
* Little Debbie Fudge Round
* Can of Mountain Dew

- If I had to pick a movie soundtrack to listen to everyday for the rest of my life, I think I might go "The Wedding Singer." Wait, maybe "Forest Gump."
- Is the Dewey Decimal System still a thing? I bet I spent every weekend as a kid going to the Lewis County library looking up all kinds of books. I was partial to the 700-799 group.

- One movie plot that I will never understand: Signs.
If water is the thing that could kill you, why would you come to a planet with 75% of it's surface that is...water?

Get out of here.

- Do people still go to roller skating rinks? I was the worst at skating, but the atmosphere at the Wheelersburg, OH, one was always lit.
Not sure I even skated most of the time; I just threw about $20 worth of quarters in arcade games and listened to that DJ playing hair metal band songs to those that would circle and skate that rink for 3 hours.

- Hey, Who Dey! It's nice to know this team is going to be a monster for the next decade.

Miss St is playing Bama tough. They can really defend. I don't think they're going to have enough offense to hold on though.

You said he had more hits than misses, in your opinion. I took that as movies that you thought were good. Thus, I misunderstood, because there is no way in hell you could think The Happening was a good movie.

And for the record, I think MNS is terrible. The Sixth Sense is one of the most overrated movies ever, imo.

Reactions: 80 Proof
- One movie plot that I will never understand: Signs.
If water is the thing that could kill you, why would you come to a planet with 75% of it's surface that is...water?

Get out of here.

It's even worse than that. The earth's air is loaded with water in the form of water vapor (ie, humidity). If those damn aliens were that sensitive to water, they wouldn't have been able to survive our atmosphere without some kind of protective suits.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
-Sunny D? 🤮, had friends that had that in their fridge growing up and was always like what do you have against orange juice? It’s literally water and high fructose corn syrup (but so was everything in the 80s/90s) and then artificial flavors basically.

Even now though OJ is too sweet for me.

-Whole Cow Milk, best drink in town with an agreeable meal, not out at a restaurant of course though.

Always wanted to try raw milk but apparently that’s illegal in KY and also goes bad in like 3 days (not that I don’t drink a gallon every three days already).

Almond/pea/soy/etc tastes like milk that you mixed with a bunch of chalk, just not thirst quenching or refreshing.

Plus it takes like 800+ gallons of water to make one gallon of almond milk, that’s pretty horrendous as well, as a opposed to 4.5 gallons for one gallon of milk.

-Pretty stoked about these Cats but I never comment on them because I’m not going to say anything 3-5 people haven’t already.

Just hoping to be able to enjoy the last half of March this year.

-Had the AEW wrestlers workout at our gym the last two days. Dudes were so nice, made a fan of me(not that I’m going to start watching). Some of those dudes were smaller than me but in the ring look huge, camera tricks and whatnot, BUT some of those dudes, holy geez. Brian Cage probably had 20-22 inch biceps.

-Was basically setup with a gal that lives in BG now, she was like a freshman cheerleader at my school when I was a senior didn’t hangout then but knew each other, by a good buddy’s little sister. Going to meet up next weekend so that should be fun.

Not sure I’m ready for feelings though… 😬

Thirsty Thursday

-No spring football game is a real bummer.

-A little surprised many of you still listen to Cal post game, don’t think I have since probably 2018. I just don’t care to hear him talk anymore.

M Night movies blow ass. The only decent one he’s ever had was The Sixth Sense.

I’m all in on the Bengals to get it done but just anyone but f’ing Philly please. 🤮

I used to pour a Sunny D n Vodka back in the day. A tasty treat

Is Twitter still in shambles?

ADVERTISEMENT