ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
9p tip means your boy over here will be asleep by the 10 minute mark in the first half, oh well just pop ESPN on in the morning and find out.

I’ll take this sleeping schedule all day though. Asleep by 9:30-10 up at 3:30-4:30, minus the weekends of course.

Jerry Jones has to be the best/worst owner in the NFL and maybe all of sports. Wants to win as badly as anyone, but my Lord the constant dumb decisions he makes with that franchise is rather remarkable. Maybe as remarkable as the Cowboys not sniffing an NFC Championship game in over 25 years.

Meanwhile, Mike Brown who had a real claim for worst owner in the NFL somehow has been resurrected by the football Gods and was able to successfully draft arguably the best QB in the league now and undoubtedly the best in Bengals history. On top of that, drafts pure studs at several other positions including WR. Oline was a major problem so he actually goes out and signs a solid group of guys only to lose most of them to injuries and the backups drag their nuts all over the Bills yesterday.

Some things you just can't explain...

-another 9pm tip? Straight trash
-This is a big week for UK basketball/Calipari. Go 2-0 and Sunshine Pumpers can have the podium. Go 1-1, jury is still out. Go 0-2 and back to depression/despair.
-Great games over the weekend. Not sure anybody called that Bengal beat down of the Bills. I think the Bengals will handle the Chiefs as well.
-Gotta have some changes in Dallas. Dak post injury is not the same, and maybe even before then he was not Super Bowl worthy. McCarthy needs to go as well. Zeke can catch that leaving town bus as well.
-Playoff games in 4k is not something I am going to bitch about.

Reactions: jayroon
Just finished up a 6 month 8 cycle pill form of chemo for precautionary reasons following my colon cancer surgery and I'm beyond ready to get back into the gym. I handled it pretty well but where they had me on light duty at work I packed some pounds on. I went from walking 8-9 miles a day in the summer at the Pen to sitting in an office monitoring inmate phone calls. It wasn't hard to go from 195 to 215. I've just not had a lick of energy. Went to Vail over the holidays so the medicine combined with the altitude really showed me how out of shape I have gotten.

Feeling good now. Hell, I may even swim some laps after my workout. I just hate that damned cardio but it's gotta be done.

Went to high school with the girl in brown and now I’m wondering what her husband does.

Her family was loaded but not 2nd row behind the bench loaded.

Former co-worker. He's in sales. Not a UK fan (believe he's actually a UL fan), but a good guy who just appreciates college hoops.

Jerry Jones has to be the best/worst owner in the NFL and maybe all of sports. Wants to win as badly as anyone, but my Lord the constant dumb decisions he makes with that franchise is rather remarkable. Maybe as remarkable as the Cowboys not sniffing an NFC Championship game in over 25 years.

Meanwhile, Mike Brown who had a real claim for worst owner in the NFL somehow has been resurrected by the football Gods and was able to successfully draft arguably the best QB in the league now and undoubtedly the best in Bengals history. On top of that, drafts pure studs at several other positions including WR. Oline was a major problem so he actually goes out and signs a solid group of guys only to lose most of them to injuries and the backups drag their nuts all over the Bills yesterday.

Some things you just can't explain...
You might want to hold some of the praise for Mike Brown until after he has to figure out how to pay Joe Burrow the going rate for franchise QBs in the NFL while also fielding a competent team under the salary cap.

Just finished up a 6 month 8 cycle pill form of chemo for precautionary reasons following my colon cancer surgery and I'm beyond ready to get back into the gym. I handled it pretty well but where they had me on light duty at work I packed some pounds on. I went from walking 8-9 miles a day in the summer at the Pen to sitting in an office monitoring inmate phone calls. It wasn't hard to go from 195 to 215. I've just not had a lick of energy. Went to Vail over the holidays so the medicine combined with the altitude really showed me how out of shape I have gotten.

Feeling good now. Hell, I may even swim some laps after my workout. I just hate that damned cardio but it's gotta be done.
Bro, have you heard about test supplementation??????? 😉
You might want to hold some of the praise for Mike Brown until after he has to figure out how to pay Joe Burrow the going rate for franchise QBs in the NFL while also fielding a competent team under the salary cap.
Can’t believe you beat @PTI (pti) to this.

• Haha
Reactions: RMP82
Maybe. He's ****ing unplayable right now I know that.

Toppin getting lucky and hitting those elbow jumpers is the worst development for this team yet. Steady dose of that BS coming. 🤬

Senior forward Jacob Toppin, after starting 2 of 12 from the fie ld, got hot on long, tough 2-point jumpers. He hit five of his last six and finished with 16 points. Afterward, Few damned him (and by extension, his friend Cal) with praise.

“Those are the epitome of what we call tough 2s,” Few said. “We usually invite those.”
-I'll admit when I'm wrong, granted I didn't see it coming in this fashion, but Toppin is becoming damn near unplayable. Lock down defender, rebounds, put backs, lobs and drive and get fouled. That should be his game. Yet, he's actually a terrible defender, he floats around the perimeter avoiding contact, he doesn't rebound, and his defender can easily sag off him.

-Wheeler does nothing to make us better and drives me insane. He needs to be the back up PG and never play when Toppin is on the court.
*Shocked at how awful Toppin is on D. Dude is just trying to hard to be his brother. Team doesn't need that.

-That thread is excellent. Some good examples of why Wheeler/Toppin may put up nice stats but are tremendously frustrating players and definitely can't be trusted in late game situations. They're about as inefficient on both ends as it gets. Playing them both in crunch time has to stop. CJ needs those minutes.

When Toppin was asked to be a focal point of our offense, and had the ball in his hands, he was an absolute black hole and wildly inconsistent from one game to the next. It killed us.. Insert an extra shooter into the lineup, and he's in a spot to do what he does best. He's been great the past 2 games, and I expect the same going forward with the Basketball Benny lineup.

So we're kinda on the same page here, to be honest. It was foolish to think he could be the star of the team, but put him in the right role, and he's great.

#freezingcoldtakes

As a non-NFLball, I was highly impressed with the Bengals yesterday. They whipped Buffalos asses on both sides of the line and looked like the more talented team across the board (including QB), which is not what I expected against a team that was supposed to be 1b to the Chiefs 1a.

This might be my favorite Raftards thread topic in a while (by wcc's favorite poster HerrosHeroes, no less):

We could catch KU this season as I see potential for an 11 game losing streak for the Jayhawks​

Last edited:
NFL GMing is easy. Trade 3 draft picks to move up to #3, take your franchise QB to sit behind your $30m+ starter. And then draft another QB in the next class with the last pick in the draft - who looks like he should’ve been a 1st Rounder. And he’s on a rookie contract.

Easy peezy.

Bro, have you heard about test supplementation??????? 😉

Can’t believe you beat @PTI (pti) to this.
Anavar is also great for muscle recovery after Cancer treatment. Completed 35 radiations and 6 chemos in May 2021 for stage 4 neck cancer (HPV) and a test/ anavar combo had me back to where I was in less than 6 months at 54 years of age. Side note reading GYERO got me through some rough days.

Toppin's usage is actually up of late, and only 0.8% behind Oscar, and above Wallace.

He's just using it to be a utility playmaker who's also very capable of scoring within the flow, rather than posting up like Kobe from 16'. And yes, the non-bogged down lineups have had a big effect on him, and basically everyone else as well. There was nowhere for him (or anyone) to go in the half-court. People forget basically everyone on the GD team was playing like ass not too long ago, not just Toppin.

He's been playing overall fantastic.

Anavar is also great for muscle recovery after Cancer treatment. Completed 35 radiations and 6 chemos in May 2021 for stage 4 neck cancer (HPV) and a test/ anavar combo had me back to where I was in less than 6 months at 54 years of age. Side note reading GYERO got me through some rough days.
I feel pretty good and just need to get off my lazy ass. Where that medicine had me tired all the time, I just let myself get pot bellied and out of shape. Those would help and I'm glad they're an option for instances like yours but my deal is just overcoming the laziness that took over me. Had this been in the summertime, I would've likely forced myself to get out and about doing stuff. It just so happened I started my rounds in August so between football season and cold season, I got lazy and drank too much beer.

Anth catching up on news from 2-3 days ago I see.

Ana at is about the most mild steroid you can take and would likely help for sure. I don’t think it’s going to give you energy or motivations though. If that’s what you need, it’s %100 internal. Mind over matter stuff.

Someone once asked me how they can get the motivation to go the gym like I do. I replied that if I could replicate it I would be filthy rich.

Anth catching up on news from 2-3 days ago I see.

Ana at is about the most mild steroid you can take and would likely help for sure. I don’t think it’s going to give you energy or motivations though. If that’s what you need, it’s %100 internal. Mind over matter stuff.

Someone once asked me how they can get the motivation to go the gym like I do. I replied that if I could replicate it I would be filthy rich.
Agree 100%. It's all about discipline and want to. It's easy to settle in on just being a lazy SOB who layss around and get fat like I've done. My dad always told me that "If it's fun, it wouldn't be called work". Working out isn't always fun but if you want to live a good life, you have to at least put some work in seeing as it literally says WORK. Just like dieting, you have to be disciplined. I'll fully admit that I'm not going 100% clean, counting my macros to the number, etc but if I want to better my body and get back to where I want to be, I at least have to clean it up some. My motivation is that at age 40, we are wanting to start a family. I've got a late enough start on that so I'd much rather prolong the time I got left so I can watch my kid(s) grow up and have kids of their own.

Twitter summation of the Bengals-Bills game:

FnHKKNXWQAIcQ3Y

Dax Hill had one PBU so that was good to see just in case Flowers can't go. Of course Kelce is an entirely different animal.
Flowers does that particular job really well though. Kept him to 4/56 with a long of 19 when they played this year. He’s gonna get his but if they can keep one guy on him, especially if they don’t have to spy Mahomes with a bad leg, it opens up the rest of the defense to make a mess like they’ve been doing all year.

Kind of hoping Kansas wins this one. Normally I'd want them to lose every game aside from unc and duke.

- Not coming in off a loss.
- Win for the asst coach that lost his dad this morning. Sappy, I know.

Kind of hoping Kansas wins this one. Normally I'd want them to lose every game aside from unc and duke.

- Not coming in off a loss.
- Win for the asst coach that lost his dad this morning. Sappy, I know.
You hope a team that is leading us by 7 all time wins actually wins games? SMH

I hope they get their teeth kicked in tonight and every game they play.

This has to be one of if not the most up for grabs college basketball season I can remember. So many average teams that have a realistic shot at making a serious run in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT