ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
-grab some frozen peas and enjoy a few days off, sae.

^everything looks/feels the same...and it's a helluva lot safer/easier than a woman having her tubes tied.

-pot roast tonight. SMD, haters...it's a delicious/easy weeknight meal.

-at some point I need to do some sort of workout activity beyond tennis...more hiking and yoga are the frontrunners. I really *hate* exercise for exercise sake.

-army navy game is on the bucket list...looking forward to the game Saturday. I'll get there one day.

-January 2024 duck hunting trip sign ups are live. Anthony, 80 on board...all (most) others welcome.

-pink pants are for easter/maybe horse racing in the spring.

-re: sweatpants. Sol Angeles. Comfy af...and they fit well not too tight/baggy.

-Kind of feel like the jury is still out on that, pti, but I've accepted that's not my problem.

The world, good and bad, is theirs. I will only be encouraging them to leave Kentucky for college/welding school and, well, never come back (except to visit Grandpa before he "falls" down the basement stairs).

My Mom, rest her soul, gave me an enormous guilt trip to come home after UK so I did. I'm not doing that to them. GTFO. Louisville will be here if as an adult you decide to return. Unless Humana leaves. Or we ALL start doing meth. Or both.

-I already knew the answer but last night I went down the Catholic rabbit hole about vasectomies.

Yeesh. See everyone in hell, I guess.

-Willy, I was stunned when the lady asked if I wanted a valium called in. People say no to that? Sadists.

A few years ago I had an abscesses tooth removed by my stepfather, who is a practicing dentist. He did it for free but couldn’t write me a script for any valiums or Vicodin but told me if just called the Walmart pharmacy they would just give me some ??? I mean I tried it but yeah, you can’t just call Walmart and ask for Vicodin. The guy practically laughed me off the phone. I couldn’t believe it

- Pilot Precise V5 or Uniball Vision Elite, ftw.

- Amy Grant's A Christmas Album is my favorite Christmas album of all time and the first one I break out every season. Truthfully, I'm not sure how much of my love for it is nostalgia and how much is the true quality of the tunes, but the run of Praise the King - Emmanuel - Little Town - Christmas Hymn is unbeatable, IMO.

Other favs:
August Burns Red - Sleddin' Hill
Ramsey Lewis Trio - More Sounds of Christmas
Natalie Cole - Holly & Ivy
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones - Jingle All the Way

-
Puppies to your vas deferens, SAE.

- In the space of 4 hours on Saturday, my husband found out a HS friend was murdered at work and then that one of his best friends dropped dead of a heart attack late Friday night. Both funerals are this Friday. The latter is our third friend since 2020 to die of a heart attack, with no warning, and the second this year. We are far too young to know this many widows. Sitting with the widow and her daughters on Saturday made me feel like I was seeing my ghost of Christmas future if my husband doesn't shape up and fly right with regard to his health. I can't shake that dread, on top of the grief of losing a great, great dude and the anguish I heard in my husband's voice when he found out he'd lost yet another great friend.

This will be 6 funerals in 2022. Other than my wedding day, which was amazing, the rest of this year can DIAF and EAD.

- Thank God for Joey Burrow.

- Christmas is a hard season for many, and now will be for us. I've always been drawn to the more somber, minor key Christmas songs, but particularly so now. "I Wonder as I Wander" (particularly the New York Voices version) has always been one of my favorite Christmas tunes, but it carries extra poignancy this year.

- Based on my straw polls around NKY, the only person still in Cal's Corner is, indeed, Vern. Everyone else hates the bloviating, antiquated jerk stuck on the UK sideline in perpetuity. This is scientific data and I will not be swayed otherwise.

- Be safe and hug your families, GYERO. I love all you turds.

Nice update from this weekend:

So if you fast forward to the 1:25 mark, you can see my name get picked to run the Western States Endurance Run in 2023.

To qualify....

- complete a 100-miler from a list of qualifying races each year
- your number of tickets in the lottery doubles with each additional qualifying year
- 271 names are drawn from a list of thousands

I had 6 qualifying years, plus 1 year I didn't enter the lottery, plus 1 year of COVID where there wasn't a race. So 8 years in the making left me with a 26% chance. Happy to take part in this one, finally. One dude from Louisville got in, too.

I’m a huge pussy and the vasectomy was one of the easiest things I’ve gone through. That said, good luck and hope you get all the dominoes you can handle. The doc prescribed me 1 5mg Valium and 20 Vicodin. Ha, false bub, I mean WTF. I wrote my wife a prescription for 15mg of Valium and took it one hour before and only took 1 Vicodin, the day of. I don’t even really remember the procedure other than I might’ve gotten aroused when the 20 year old nurse rubbed Vaseline on my stitches for what felt like 25 mins after. Whatever, at least I had a good time. Think I wore pink leggings to the surgery so I might’ve been sending mixed messages to the staff.

I still have to sire one or two but I've always been freaked out by vasectomies. Of course a lot of it is the idea of people doing work to my business. I think after being cut from belly button down to just above my bird and having 14 inches of my colon cut out this past year, I'll be able to handle it when the time comes.

Sweatpants or shorts for me when working out. No skinny joggers or leotards for this guy.

I wasn't given the choice of Valium but it would have been nice considering the wheeled me on a gurney into a surgery center to do mine. Apparently some places offer it in office and I went in like I was having heart surgery.

-Problem with shorts/t shirt/tennis shoes look is you look 40+, same with any dude wearing white tennis shoes or hell tennis shoes just out and about in shorts or pants. It’s the exact same thing you wore to the gym in your 20s and it shows. I know you all aren’t scouting potential ex’s at the gym but I am.

-Also pink (or bright colors period) is only weird to most of you because that’s what you’ve always been around here, drab earth tones and colors being “gay”, things guys arent “supposed” to wear. Just what you’ve grown up thinking, I get it.

Go to south Florida and you can wear pink to a daggone funeral. People enjoy color and being different than other places. I enjoy that, if you don’t, cool.

-Also @bradyjames i just noticed you said you thought women “our” age wanted responsibility and security, probably correct. My chicago friend is our age but doesn’t want that stuff but besides her I’m definitely not going for girls “our” age.

-Shoulder is completely shot, might regret making fun of whomever I made fun of for getting surgery, still would consider flying to Mexico for stem cells before surgery though.

Last edited:
Reactions: bradyjames
breakfast-club-tights.gif

-Problem with shorts/t shirt/tennis shoes look is you look 40+, same with any dude wearing white tennis shoes or hell tennis shoes just out and about in shorts or pants. It’s the exact same thing you wore to the gym in your 20s and it shows. I know you all aren’t scouting potential ex’s at the gym but I am.
We are in our 40's. No need to act like I'm not. I like wearing a good pair of ball shoes with shorts. Not so much with long pants.
-Also pink (or bright colors period) is only weird to most of you because that’s what you’ve always been around here, drab earth tones and colors being “gay”, things guys arent “supposed” to wear. Just what you’ve grown up thinking, I get it.
I don't think Colors have a sexual orientation but to each their own. I couldn't care less about perception. Just isn't my thing to be too flashy.
Go to south Florida and you can wear pink to a daggone funeral. People enjoy color and being different than other places. I enjoy that if you don’t, cool.
We don't live in South Florida but I agree with you. If that's your choice, have at it. Nothin wrong with having some color in the wardrobe.

Reactions: roguemocha
I timed my vasectomy for the morning of the Thursday of Labor Day weekend 2019. I went in that morning, don’t remember much at all, stopped by Kroger on the way home to pick up the Valium prescription and some domestos.

I was posted up in the basement alone that day, the kids were in day care, and college football kicked off that night.

The Lass was concerned that I take it easy and not get up much. Twist my arm. Next thing you know I’m having a damn ball ordering a piping hot pepperoni pizza from Papa John’s all for myself, college football had kicked off with a side of gambol action and the Rocky Mountain sodas were definitely easing the pain down there. I’d do it again in a heartbeat, tbh.

-Meh, getting the wife off bc and not worrying about having a 3rd was plenty of motivation. Not even close. Other than about 10 minutes it was fine.

-Guilty: I really like Dominos and Papa John pizza. Same with a H-n-R.

-I look 40 because I am. I tried to figure out how to be 25 again? Apparently that technology doesn't exist.

-"youth is wasted on the young" - george bernanrd shaw

-The world is fine. Bout the same place we've been for our lifetime. Russia and Nukes, some civil unrest, "high crime"? Sounds f*cking familiar to our childhood. Stop listening to the bullshit news channels and enjoy the finite time you get with your friends and family.

- Found Dallas to be an extended Buckhead. Lots of hot women. Obviously nice. Obviously exclusive. Not much character. Loved the Katy Icehouse tho. Felt like I was in Dillon or West Canaan.

- Tom Hardy and Austin Butler were a couple blocks away from the crib yesterday.

- Man, 8 years fron my first date with the wife yesterday.

- My parents could never effectively communicate the difference between Santa and St. Nick. Didn’t care that much - just took at as a nice little Christmas appetizer. Anyway, daughter got a visit last night. Christmas is getting to be even more awesome.

- Hilarious couple pages, fellas. Thank you. 🙏🏻

-times change as do mores/norms. Economies rise/fall...as do empires and cultures. Whether that's "fine" or not remains to be seen.

^this has been a truth for everyone in every generation since the beginning of time.

-as for me: gonna try to love/support/enjoy friends and family...follow my CATS, play a little music, destroy other middle-aged men on the tennis court, eat well...and look good doing it.

^can't control the other shit, or whatever.

Last night I coached a JV basketball game at home, so the head coach and I went out to grab a bite before the game started. We went to a little greasy spoon dive close to the school and ordered some food that was bad for us while we watched a rough looking crowd that just got off 1st shift slam domestos and drop F-bombs about their supervisors.

As we were finishing up, one of our co-workers came in with his wife, grabbed a high-top table and got to work on a bucket of Bud Heavies. They are fairly recent empty-nesters, he teaches an easy class, and is about 2 years away from retirement. I left that place with an uncomfortable level of jealousy.

Sol Angeles....gmafb

iu

I always had this distinct image of Rudd in my head, when he would pipe up and inform fellow posters on what Made in USA clothing they should purchase. In my head, he looked like this...

iu

Then I started googling whatever he posted about...

Genuine Made in USA $500

iu

So on, and so forth.

Rogue - is your Chicago friend named Connie?
No. There are very few hot Connies, lol.
Thought you didn't care about those type things?
I don’t judge other people because I don’t care what they wear I’m cool with it. My point isn’t saying it’s a bad thing, it’s the part if you’re trying to talk to mid 20-30s girls they usually don’t want you and their dad to dress the same, so
I don’t.

Most of you are married with kids, I wouldn’t care either in that situation. But in my single 40 year old situation I don’t necessarily want to play up the 40 year old part.

Once they’re attracted to you they typically don’t care about the age, which is awesome, hence the early to late 20s I’ve done very well with.

Believe me, I’m not saying anyone should dress like me by any means, or be a gym psycho or whatever, I just have the innate ability to give zero effs especially since I have zero responsibility but my job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT