ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did someone with money tell you that?
Never said I had money, I went back and read my post again just to make sure. Nope, was referring to rich assholes that are always in the spot light and act ridiculous because they are rich and famous. But having said that, I would do a W2 flop with you anytime you want Playa. Quit acting like a little childish bitch, GTFU and stop living in your college days, you are SUPPOSE to be all grown up now?

• Haha
Reactions: FaaSoj
You know who doesn’t suck and still kicks ass? The Pretenders. Bonzo, saw this last night and thought of you. Martin Chambers just slays this…and dude was like 60 when this was filmed.

Reactions: rudd1 and Bonzo Cat
It’s not very often I read something on here that just makes me cringe, but this guy did it.
Cringe? About what? I was referring to Connor McGregor always acting like an asshole in public because he is rich and famous. What is so cringeworthy about that? Speaking of reading something and cringing, I do not think YOU should be talking about anybody the dumb shit you throw out daily.

-while steely Dan isn't my jam, per se...I can appreciate the musicianship and their contribution to how music/sound is recorded. Don't mind having it on in the background whilst chilling
-those of you "Americana/Alt country" types...I picked up a copy of the flying burrito brothers's the gilded palace of sin. Worth a listen if you haven't...kinda started the genre.
-This. Steely Dan has a time & place.
- Flying Burrito Bros are underrated. The are on the Festival Express DVD which is damn fine concert vid.
- Rush. Respect their musicianship, but just not my cup of tea. And their fans are weirdos.
- Umphrey's McGee has a very weird fan base as well. Their show was quite the experience.

You know who doesn’t suck and still kicks ass? The Pretenders. Bonzo, saw this last night and thought of you. Martin Chambers just slays this…and dude was like 60 when this was filmed.

Substitute that one for 'Middle of the Road' and you have one of my all-time favorites to belt out behind the kit. Just a wide open, breakneck jam that a drummer can treat like that gal Boon tries to pawn off on Pinto with the morally casual attitude.

Reactions: wildcat1973

💯💯💯

I saw Umphrey's McGee open for Derek Trucks Band (right before they became Tedeschi Trucks) and Bela Fleck, and they were clearly wildly talented and fun to watch, but I have to admit I don't quite get the rabidity of their fanbase. I feel that way about virtually every "jam" band, though. I have some friends who are Phishheads and they have a great time following them, but I've never heard a Phish song and thought "wow I need to hear that again."

My favorite Rush song is when other bands cover Rush songs. Neil Peart is one of the all time greatest, but Getty Lee is a bridge too far for me, and I like some off beat stuff. I mean, I listened to HammerFall (Swedish power metal) for half my work day the other day. I'll give most anything a shot, except radio pop country, which can all DIAF. Especially the song on the restaurant commercial of which we shall not speak.

A groundhog moved into the crawlspace at my house, so we got a buddy to set out a trap. The cat absolutely lost her mind screaming at the wall last night, and this morning I walked out to find the saddest looking little raccoon trapped in there. F that groundhog into infinity for putting a way cuter animal in his place. [Obvious question: how many animals live under my house....?]

Reactions: tommyg4uk
Probably going to have to make the Ole Miss trip next year, despite some claims of it being overrated. Figure by the time it comes back around on the schedule and with the addition of Texas and Oklahoma, I’ll be collecting social security.
Ole Miss is a tough gig. Limited places to stay close by. Tailgating is like camping, and I hate camping. You go into the grove Friday night, drop your stuff off and hope it's still there Saturday morning because some catering company says Joe Bob Poot III and his family have tailgated on that spot since the Civil War and they moved your stuff for you. You, then, have to walk your stuff out a mile out to where you parked your car post game.

Plus side, it's what college football is about. Small town where college dominates the town, everyone is there for the game, great bar scene, great food, great women, experience once.

We hired said catering company and had our spot waiting for us Saturday morning. Was pretty dope, actually. The no beer and packaged liquor only rule in The Grove was weird AF, though. Unbelievable women. Best I've seen in the SEC. Wayne, you were there. Highlight of the trip was Sheperd Smith telling you John Calipari sucked his D iirc.

Never said I had money, I went back and read my post again just to make sure. Nope, was referring to rich assholes that are always in the spot light and act ridiculous because they are rich and famous. But having said that, I would do a W2 flop with you anytime you want Playa. Quit acting like a little childish bitch, GTFU and stop living in your college days, you are SUPPOSE to be all grown up now?
I actually prefer college Tommy so I hope he doesn’t change even though he’s actually not in college anymore.

What's the worst concert you've ever been to?

Stupidly, I went to see Everlast at Toy Tiger in Louisville when I was in college. Hands down, the worst thing I've ever paid to see. The guy was a complete trainwreck, sounded like dog shit, and the crowd was exactly as you'd expect.

Next on the list is David Allen Cole. He was awful, opened with Greasy N***** in a South Carolina bar, and then his tour bus caught on fire.

I think if they go with the Pod scheduling we will go to at least every school once every 4 years.

I get on a Grateful Dead kick a couple times a year. Aside from that, I've got nothing for jam bands. That's probably because the worst concert I've seen was the String Cheese Incident.

Reactions: pretzel__logic
Saw Eddie Money at the Waterfront in Louisville, maybe 10 years ago. He was pretty much brain dead and incoherent.

Second worst is probably Steely Dan. He sucks.

See Arrested Development at Wittenberg University right when “Tennessee” hit and they were a mess.

Pretzel, I’d be willing to bet anyone that likes pop country feels the same about Swedish Fish Metal or whatever it was as well.

Eddie Money was the same down here, didn’t go myself because I like good music but that’s what everyone said.

For me and I hate to say it but George strait was one of the most boring “shows” in history. Would’ve rather grabbed a case of beer and listened to it on the back porch. GF at the time and I both fell asleep.

-Worst…Eddie Money in 2012 at the Waterfront with PTI, PTI’s former lass, Anth, WS, Bonz, Bellydancers and Suter.

Dude was a mess. Somewhat felt bad for him.

-Best: Seger farewell tour at YUM in December 2019 for my 40th. Sold out crowd. No bs. Started right on time. Came out and said something along the lines.. “I’ve played here before in 1970 something and 1990 something but this is it for me so let’s go.

He then hopped on the piano and played the interlude to “Still The Same.” Crushed it.

Closed out with “Night Moves” and absolutely brought the house full of 20,000 people down.

Thought Sturgill at the opera house was pretty good. He was just kinda quirky and jumped from one song to the next. Sounded good. And I liked his show at Rupp as well, just wasn’t playing what most wanted to hear…

Whatever these Rascal flat jokes are, over my head. Couldn’t tell you one thing they sing. Saw it was them, made eye contact with the lead singer-who saw my obvious disappointment…. immediately went back to the drink line.

A groundhog moved into the crawlspace at my house, so we got a buddy to set out a trap. The cat absolutely lost her mind screaming at the wall last night, and this morning I walked out to find the saddest looking little raccoon trapped in there. F that groundhog into infinity for putting a way cuter animal in his place. [Obvious question: how many animals live under my house....?]
By law you are supposed to either release that racoon in your yard, or kill it. Can't relocate it due to the chance of spreading diseases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT