ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
-while steely Dan isn't my jam, per se...I can appreciate the musicianship and their contribution to how music/sound is recorded. Don't mind having it on in the background whilst chilling.

^they do tend to provoke *intense* emotion in both their fans and detractors...must be dong something right.

-those of you "Americana/Alt country" types...I picked up a copy of the flying burrito brothers's the gilded palace of sin. Worth a listen if you haven't...kinda started the genre.
The Cuervo Gold
The fine Colombian
Make tonight a wonderful thing 🎷

Name a non-one-hit-wonder band/recording artist whose best song also happens to be his/her/their biggest hit.

It's in their top 5 but Staying Alive is one of the greatest songs of all time. It doesn't matter that it's overplayed. It's a masterpiece.

Reactions: parrott
One of the worst parts about Covid that doesn’t get a lot of press is the lack of good service in first class. I’m on a 777 from SFO to ORD, and although I’m in a Polaris seat I’m getting treated like zone 7 people. Still holding on to my sport coat, no pre-flight beverage, and they don’t even offer pillows any more. I tell you Shooter, I’m still closing deals but this must have been what doing business in the 1800’s was like.

Reactions: Wodie Sloot
UK is in a tough position with Bona. While Kentucky is the five-star center’s dream school and he would like to be a Wildcat, there is clear frustration.

In short, Bona and his camp didn’t feel prioritized by Kentucky when the staff’s attention was on Lively. Now that Lively is headed to Duke, Bona doesn’t want to be seen as a rebound option, especially considering UCLA and Kansas have been prioritizing him from the start.
Have we ever landed a kid (not from Kentucky) that openly said Kentucky was their dream school?

Nice to meet 80 today and learn a little history. Been in communication with your peeps ever since I left.

Sonny’s BBQ for lunch.

Toasted Rye is ready, hell yes! Dbl Oaked American Whiskey is getting good and taking color. 4 totes left of that stuff and I’m about to pull the trigger on the rest.

Carolina -8, all in. Double up or back to the starting gate.

Working tonight as it looks like 16 more house bids due in the next week.

I wish I could meet the MFer that started M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E, but I’m not sure if I’d shoot him or me over this tune in my head.

Little guy turns 2 tomorrow. Holy hell! I have no clue what I’d do without these little knuckleheads and all the smiles/laughs they bring. Innocence in its prime.

I don’t know what side UKO has taken, as I have not seen one of his posts in years.

And I also don’t really even know what the Ryder Cup is. But I am certain that it sucks.

And so does Bob Seger. Jesus Christ.

I obviously make fun of golf quite a bit but the reasons I love the Ryder Cup:

1. Makes golf a team sport
2. Tight compact 3-day contest
3. Intrigue caused by individual sport athletes often teaming up with competitors they hate
4. New World vs Old World - F you, Europe
5. Autumn setting
6. Really enjoy the dynamic of an older star being Captain
7. Raucous crowd
8. Some normally decent stars are for some reason amazing in this format
9. GREAT early morning drinking
10. Golf fans actually have legit rooting interest and ignore the gentleman bullshit for a weekend

Someone going to sing the praises of Cat Stevens next? See him in Freedom Hall summer tour ‘93? That’s great. He now calls himself Yusuf Islam.

Wait - what?

If it was his show immediately after 'Sailor's Guide to Earth', then I couldn't disagree more. He was awesome.

The one he flopped was the Rupp Concert w/ Childers.

He even said after that tour he was completely mailing it in. That may have been the most rushed set I’ve ever heard live. The band/horns were good… he wasn’t.

He is from Pikeville, so I imagine he knows multiple methods to kill varmints.

Today, my boss told me he got a raccoon in a trap once and didn't want to scare the neighbors shooting it in the yard and didn't want to get raccoon blood all over his garage, so he loaded the trap into the back of his truck. Drove the thing down to Devou Park on his way to work downtown, wearing a full suit to go to court that afternoon, and stopped in the middle of the park to release the prisoner. Some dude saw the raccoon flying off the back of boss’ tailgate, and whipped his car around and pulled up and said, “hey man, you want to party?” at 8:43 am on a Tuesday. I have no idea what this means, but it seems exactly correct somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT