ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you’ve arrived when you can chuckle at a corporate client in a meeting when they demonstrate complete incompetence... because eff him.

He is from Pikeville, so I imagine he knows multiple methods to kill varmints.

Today, my boss told me he got a raccoon in a trap once and didn't want to scare the neighbors shooting it in the yard and didn't want to get raccoon blood all over his garage, so he loaded the trap into the back of his truck. Drove the thing down to Devou Park on his way to work downtown, wearing a full suit to go to court that afternoon, and stopped in the middle of the park to release the prisoner. Some dude saw the raccoon flying off the back of boss’ tailgate, and whipped his car around and pulled up and said, “hey man, you want to party?” at 8:43 am on a Tuesday. I have no idea what this means, but it seems exactly correct somehow.
It is reasonable to conclude that a man with a raccoon in his truck is also very likely to have alcohol in his truck, maybe even drugs.

2 hours and 20 mins...

The Airplane version of Stayin Alive when they sped it up is actuay better to me IMO

Good meeting you in person too krazy, or Bert as I plan to call you from now on. Had a three finger pour of that rye last night, many thanks!

Gonna can some tomatoes this weekend. Already dreaming of sauce with meatballs and chili this winter.

Nearly got my truck into a fence at the farm yesterday. Ground is soggy as a wet diaper.

This usc game has me slightly concerned for one major reason, the backup qb. Hopefully we can dial up some pressure this week.

Gotta change an exhaust manifold on my flatbed. Not excited about that, been dousing the bolts in PB Blaster all week.

Picked up my first remodel job in a while this week. Looking forward to a little contract action.

Gonna be a great day here in Central Kentucky. Might have to try and finish up my daily duties a little early.

** BREAKING NEWS **

(I'm very important)

The lass and I are moving to Denver for ~ 6 months. We came back after Hurricane Ida and realized this town is a terribly run shithole. Our Mayor is absolutely dead set on canceling every single parade/festival/conference/race on the calendar for the rest of eternity -- except for the Earth, Wind and Fire show she masklessly attended last week, of course.

Fact is, this city actually sucks ass. We put up with it because there are so many awesome events. Once those are canceled, it's just another dirty, high crime, boring city. So we put our house up for rent, asked about double what it's normally worth, got it, and will be paid directly from our renter's insurance company (a nice family that lost their home in the storm). I should have asked way more. At this point, you can basically name any price and someone will take it. I think we convinced our friends to do the same -- they just got $4k/month for their quaint 2-bedroom house.

I'm happy to work remotely, especially since so much networking is still virtual. Maybe be a door greeter at REI part time. Enjoy a clean, forward thinking, progressive city for a bit, and do a lot of playing in the mountains.

Mamba, out.

Can't wait to hear PTI complain about being cold for the next 6 months.

Speaking of complaining, F the IRS. Been on hold for over 30 minutes trying to get an EIN issue straightened out, this is after 3 days of the automated system hanging up on me because they are too busy according to the recorded message. Finally talk to a person, and they say they can't help me and need to transfer me. Get put in a que, says estimated wait time is over 60 minutes #barf

Welp, Wynn had a great run.

<---- had to finally write the IRS about a dispute. Called every day for 2 weeks, and was voice-recording told "Due to high call volume, we cannot accept your call at this time. Goodbye" (meanwhile they keep sending me letters about penalties, interest, etc)

Lmao

Last edited:
Man, that took a turn. Wynn was the fun drunk buddy who turned, over time, into the guy you had to babysit at a bar/party making sure he didn't offend anyone who meant anything to you or worse, got you in a fight.

Man, that took a turn. Wynn was the fun drunk buddy who turned, over time, into the guy you had to babysit at a bar/party making sure he didn't offend anyone who meant anything to you or worse, got you in a fight.

Meh. There's still hope.

He could end up being a federally appointed judge. You never know, but this is GYERO, after all.

Congrats, PTI! Colorado is probably my favorite state I’ve visited. Somebody, like you, that’s active is going to fall in love with it and never come back.

I’m going south! Just scooped up a condo in Navarre Beach,FL! That place is exactly what a middle age dude that acts/feels like he’s 65 needs.

Would’t need to raise taxes if those assholes would just collect them from who don’t pay even somewhat properly. F* the IRS. They can’t even answer the GD phone.

Is there anything our government is good at? Postal service , IRS or 20 year wars? I can’t think of one thing at the moment.

Last edited:
Well the government sure is awesome at mail delivery. I *love* going into see those friendly folks at the post office.

😬

Northern Arizona (Sedona area) is fantastic as well, that whole stretch is amazing. If I didn’t have all these GD children I’d love to live out there. Congrats and much better than NO, the most disgusting cool city I’ve ever visited that I have no desire to ever visit again.

Currently been on hold for 1 hour and 48 minutes. This the first time I've gotten into a que this week rather than being disconnected by that smarmy computer that says they are too busy. I'm in too deep to just hang up at this point

Currently been on hold for 1 hour and 48 minutes. This the first time I've gotten into a que this week rather than being disconnected by that smarmy computer that says they are too busy. I'm in too deep to just hang up at this point
Predict it will end up one of two ways.

1) They just hang up on you.
2) You giving up. <——- my bet

Glorious fall morning. Nothing like a hot cup of coffee in the hot tub on a crisp morning to start off the day.

Taking the kid to an orchard today. Prob hit up Oktoberfest tonight. Lake tomorrow for the game. Shaping up to be a pretty legit weekend.

Cheers wildcat friends.

Did grad school in Fort Collins. One hell of a couple years. Tremendous.

If I drank my coffee in a hot tub, I'd be sweating for the next 3 hours. Sounds miserable.

Ryder Cup randoms...

- I'm not the biggest golfball in GYERO, so I won't lie, it felt a little unfair that I was there. Wife knew it was on my bucket list, so she snagged us practice round tickets.

- Obviously, being there on an actual competition day like today would be incredible. But I'm not sure that, for us, anything could have beaten being there on Wednesday. Smaller crowd, more accessible players, easy in/out, a relaxed atmosphere, almost felt like a golf festival. I'm sure yesterday was a bit more tightly-strung.

- Whistling Straits is gorgeous. The sound of crashing waves along 7/8 was surreal. Unbelievable elevation changes throughout the course. Perfect weather, albeit a bit windy. Couldn't have asked for a better setting.

- Got there early and hit up the merch tent (good call), then hung out around the practice greens. Plenty of up close time with Rory, Rahm, Spieth, Sergio, and Brooks. Rahm just has unbelievably impressive touch for a guy his size, as he's already proving this morning.

- Posted up at 10 to watch the American groups come through for their first hole of the day. Stood about 30 yards from the tee, next to a wire services photographer who had been sent to cover it at the last minute. He's usually in NYC covering the UN, and didn't know a single thing about golf. So I got to feed him names as he transmitted his shots live back to his HQ. Pretty cool experience.

- Seeing them tee off was very cool, obviously, but I also paid a lot of attention to the personal interaction between them. Phil was speaking almost exclusively to DJ, really "coaching" him all the way to his second shot. Zach Johnson was really involved, too. Other coaches, like Furyk, were keeping their distance a bit.

- Watched the Euros on their approaches at 10, but got to see them up close on the tee at 18, probably about 20 yards away. Felt incredibly #blessed to be that close to the greatest in the world. Surreal experience.

- Biggest crowd response on the American side was to Phil, by far. Everywhere he went, he was the main attraction. Expected Bryson to get a bit more of a reaction, but it was pretty measured. A lot of appreciation for Collin and Xander. On the Euro side, much respect from the crowd for Sergio and Rory, but nobody got the reaction that Poulter did. Crowd was giving it to him and he was giving it right back....all in good fun.

- Honestly, probably a top-3 sports experience of my entire life. Can't think of a single negative about the entire day, save for the terrible concessions. But between the crowd, the players, the setting, the weather, and the "grandness" of the event, it was all pitch-perfect.

- Side note....huge Milwaukee fan. Beautiful city, great food, terrific sports town, great architecture and parks, minimal traffic issues, just a huge fan all the way around. Floated the idea of hitting up the Cards/Brewers game with my wife, but she was already spending the entire day at an event that she cared zero about, so pushing for a second wouldn't have gone well.

/late

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT