ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the first rainy and cool day of fall. It speaks to a certain innate melancholy in me.

There is a dead bird in my driveway. I had to pull my boys in out of the rain to keep them from poking and prodding at it with sticks. Hopefully some scavenger eats it tonight.

If I was filthy rich, I would never speak to anyone.

David Bell. Ha.

I don't really give a flying F who our Cincinnati Redlegs manager is. I care infinitely more about who is running the show in the front office.

When you trade players like Johnny Cueto and Aroldis Chapman and get absolutely jack squat in return, Connie Mack won't make a difference in the dugout.

It’s going to take a lot to fix that broken franchise. And no, a new manager does not fix the rotten stink underneath.

But the timing of the announcement is an insulting kick in the nuts. Quit being a contrarian bitch.

- Anyone know when Playball’s article about “how we’re pieces of shit for caring about this blonde chicks murder but not caring that millions of ethnically diverse women disappear every day” drops?
I was wondering today if these people have never heard of the billion podcasts about missing women that’s like the second most popular genre of podcasting? I mean, you could start today and never finish them all.

Hey roguemocha I've been dying to ask you. Would you mind sharing with us your thoughts on......

- eating a D
- getting pumped
- DingIAF
- kicking rocks
- taking a hike
- Ging to FY

?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Reactions: roguemocha
Sure.

4%
50%
1%
75%
95%
100%

-Pro Tip: if you get a bunion cut off, have to wear a boot and then travel, you only have to take one shoe per pair. Happy Travels!

One thing that Steely Dan and Rush have in common is that both were incredibly uncool in their prime. Rush was adored by teenage wannabe musicians while Steely Dan was adored by bona fide adult musicians. But both were ignored and/or reviled by rock critics and associated intelligentsia.

-while steely Dan isn't my jam, per se...I can appreciate the musicianship and their contribution to how music/sound is recorded. Don't mind having it on in the background whilst chilling.

^they do tend to provoke *intense* emotion in both their fans and detractors...must be dong something right.

-those of you "Americana/Alt country" types...I picked up a copy of the flying burrito brothers's the gilded palace of sin. Worth a listen if you haven't...kinda started the genre.

Pti's baseball knowledge rivals that of those who don't appreciate Steely Dan's music...... they're numbnuts.

Three posts in a row from anyone but especially UKO should result in a 365 day ban.

Probably going to have to make the Ole Miss trip next year, despite some claims of it being overrated. Figure by the time it comes back around on the schedule and with the addition of Texas and Oklahoma, I’ll be collecting social security.

I mean, we're looking at a decade or more between road trips to SECW schools? Really makes crossing those off your road trip bingo card a high priority.

-while steely Dan isn't my jam, per se...I can appreciate the musicianship and their contribution to how music/sound is recorded. Don't mind having it on in the background whilst chilling.

^they do tend to provoke *intense* emotion in both their fans and detractors...must be dong something right.

-those of you "Americana/Alt country" types...I picked up a copy of the flying burrito brothers's the gilded palace of sin. Worth a listen if you haven't...kinda started the genre.
And while at it, Gram Parsons’ “GP” and “Grievous Angel” and the Byrds’ “Sweetheart of the Rodeo.”

• Love
Reactions: rudd1
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT