ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calipari 2009-2015
Er4t0NRVkAA9hOU

John Calipari 2015-present
Er4t0NVVEAAb4Yk

Jeff, did Billy D. agree and back out on Milque?

They had one of those "agreement in principle" deals through second parties, I was told by someone who used to be in the middle of the negotiations. But I don't think Donovan himself was fully on board.

Similar to the Parcells thing before Jerry Jones called.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Here's another funny one from that list. Sean Sutton was a career 41% 3-point shooter at UK. He took 44 of them in 54 career games with his freakin' dad coaching. LOL. Would have made some analytics dude's head explode.

Meanwhile, some coaches in other sports (cough cough) are going the other direction.

Here's another funny one from that list. Sean Sutton was a career 41% 3-point shooter at UK. He took 44 of them in 54 career games with his freakin' dad coaching. LOL. Would have made some analytics dude's head explode.

Geoff bringing the heat the last 2 days. The media is finally getting salty, too.

They added a 51st spot just so they could add Carruth on the list.
rashaad_carruth2.jpg

Good opp for my favorite Dawg Carruth story. Tubby had suspended Carruth (and maybe someone else) for a game back in the day because they had been caught smoking weed. UK did not go public with that, though, and Tubby explained it during the postgame press conference as a freakish injury. Pressed for what kind of injury by Jerry Tipton, Tubby started gyrating all over and said (insert your best Tubby voice here) it was some kind of ankle injury that just started moving up his leg and got his knee and his hip, too. It was hard not to break out in laughter. After the press conference, I was leaving for home and saw Carruth racing someone else on the team for their ride in the parking lot yelling "Shotgun!" He was running a 4.4 forty, miraculously healed! I think of that moment every time Carruth gets brought up.

I've got a beef jerky gun, Deep Dish.

I think mine is made by LEM or something like that. They work well.

I just make the flat sticks. The round ones need a casing or they look like cat turds.

Tons of recipes all over the intrawebs, or swing by a Cabella's or Bass Pro. They have a shitload of jerky related seasonings and products.

Use lean ground beef (or venison). Use cooling racks on top of baking sheets.

The jerky they make is awesome. It is like a Slim Jim, not the teeth breaking Mingua Bros. style. I made a 3 lb batch about a month or so ago.
There is enough of that on the basketball court this year.

Good opp for my favorite Dawg Carruth story. Tubby had suspended Carruth (and maybe someone else) for a game back in the day because they had been caught smoking weed. UK did not go public with that, though, and Tubby explained it during the postgame press conference as a freakish injury. Pressed for what kind of injury by Jerry Tipton, Tubby started gyrating all over and said (insert your best Tubby voice here) it was some kind of ankle injury that just started moving up his leg and got his knee and his hip, too. It was hard not to break out in laughter. After the press conference, I was leaving for home and saw Carruth racing someone else on the team for their ride in the parking lot yelling "Shotgun!" He was running a 4.4 forty, miraculously healed! I think of that moment every time Carruth gets brought up.
He must have quit drug testing the year they were living at University Commons Apartments.

How is his injury?

I don't know I haven't talked to him.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeff Drummond
My sister-in-law’s ex, who was known to enjoy weed from time to time and knew a lot of the guys on that team, once told me that he had never met dudes who smoked as much as that group did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT