ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
-I will say I enjoy winter more with a little dude. The excitement he gets out of snow on the ground is pure. Made it further into the winter without being annoyed than usual.

-B/W JVC stealing my joy and the political week ahead I'm burying my head in something else. Few books I've been meaning to read, finish up a couple knives I'm working on, some fly fishing shows. Cheers to a new start and a boring 4 years.

-The fix for Cal is really easy, maybe not to make the tourney, but to ease the noise from the fan base. Eat a little crow and play Allen the minutes he deserves. Want to start Boston, sure whatever, but play Allen 30+ minutes a game. Fix that strained relationship and make damn sure he comes back. In fact, just make damn sure everyone on this team that's not a senior or 1st round pick comes back. Allen, Mintz, Askew, Brooks should be playing 30+. Period, end of discussion. That's not a F4 team but it's a solid team.

He's always got "lost" in his sub patterns, it's been really my only gripe with him until the last few years of transfers, in season player issues, mass exodus, etc. His worst lineups are always early -> mid 2nd half. Uncanny.

-This year has to be taking a toll on him. This is a dude used to flying on private jets and on the road 75% of the year. Hitting high profile events, spending the night in NYC wining and dining. going to NBA games. Then he's stuck at home for 11 months and he looks like hell. Quarantine been rough on ol' boy. I assume it's been rough on all traveling sales people.

-Ruby's was on point Saturday. First night out in months. Sat near the retractable doors and even got a few snow flakes land on the table. Weird stuff.

-Drew Brees in the final moments last night was really cool. Dude was doing everything he could to hold back tears. What a career.

For a "normal" coach, we could stomach this season.

Askew is really improving, and should be a very good player next season.
Allen would return as one of the top 3-point/scoring threats in the SEC
We've got a handful of raw but super athletic big men (Ware/Toppin/Jackson)
A top 2/3 incoming class, hoping a couple of those guys can be big contributors
Bring back Clarke or Boston, with preseason All-America hype

I mean, for almost any other coach in the country, we'd swallow our pride in 2021 and get ready for an awesome season next year. Sigh.

-nice time in arkansas. Nice hunt...took a couple hundred extree $$ home from the nice native Americans in pine bluff.

-we need to do a gyero duck hunt in west ky. If only some incredibly thoughtful rap aficionado/chicken royalty type had the hook up.

-glad wandale is here...just wasn't gonna buy in til it was "done deal".

Reactions: UKRob 73
^Yep.

But my gut tells me:

Askew flirts with leaving but ultimately returns. Then bolts after next season.
Allen transfers.
Ware Transfers. Toppin returns.
Our top 2 class starts next season.
Clarke, Boston, Brooks, Jackson go pro.
Mintz/Sarr are seniors.
Fletcher transfers.

I think BEST case scenario we get Allen, Askew, Toppin, Ware and Fletcher back.

Cal has tried every lineup combination possible EXCEPT a small one. 2 bigs, 3 bigs, even 4.

...but never 4 guards/wings + Jackson, or even Brooks as the Anchor. Think we maybe saw the former for 2 minutes ones night, but that's about it.

Just incredible stuff, especially when you see how teams are spreading us out.

Is Mintz not eligible for the 'free' year for some reason or another ? Haven't even seen it mentioned with him, but I'd love to have his ass back - where else is he gonna go? Record aside, due to Covid He's been cheated out of the "UK" experience he came here for, and seems like a perfect case - Plus, We're always a guard short.

“Hey, guys - it’s your boy TrumpFan42069! Coming at you live on Facebook from this big dome thing to take back America! Got my noose and my zip ties cause we’re gonna hang the backup President Mike Pitts for being a traitor! Then my boy TaffyDeezNuts is going to try to break the world record for hitting your balls with a hammer while I take a shit in Nancy Malosi’s office! lol lol. Please ‘like’ if you want to see more of this consequence-free content!”

Monday Musings:

- My sports fandom has taken some real blows over the past decade. I have four teams- same four teams I’ve always had and will always have- UK basketball, UK football, Reds and Bengals. I’ll never completely leave any of them but 2 of the 3 have casualized my fandom and killed something inside of me:

Reds- That SF playoff series when we started 2-0 heading home only to blow 3 in a row

Bengals- that Steelers playoff loss was nearly the nail in the coffin

UK basketball- Wisconsin game and UNC buzzerbeater

Shockingly and perhaps as much as low expectations compared to anything, UK football has me at the highest satisfaction level.

- I mean, yeah, BBdK. Yeah. You’d think this start may have the MFer changing the starting lineup AT LEAST to shake things up.

- UK fans are obnoxious, spoiled and crazy but we know basketball.

- As obnoxious as I find the Bills Mafia, rooting for them. Somehow from several different circles, I actually know quite a few longtime Bills diehards.

- Took off MLK Day to do some couch shopping while Mom watches the little one. Just get me out of this F’ing house.

- F all those people who stormed the Capitol. Pretty simple for me.

- I don’t know if I’ll be watching the game tomorrow. May need a break. Decision may be made on the starting lineup. Just not in the mood.

- God bless 4R barrel strength picks. Great sippers.

- Off to feed my child. Happy MLK Day, GYERO.

- Nice to see former UK players making big plays happen happen in the Playoffs with Edwards and Za’Darius. Cool that the program will have a player start in the Super Bowl.

- I feel for Brees. That’s it. Heckuva career and I love someone at his age still in great shape and playing at that level. By all accounts he seems like a top notch dude and has a done a ton for New Orleans.

- Burgers on the indoor grill last night.Not bad. I’m to the point though where I’m about to refuse to cook burgers for the Lass and the little ones. Because she’s seen total worst case scenarios with kids and uncooked meat she darn near wants me to grill charcoal patties for the girls and wants her burger cooked the same way. OH, THER’ES STILL SOME PINK ON THE INSIDE THROW THEM BACK ON.

- Watched the Tiger doc. Really well done, IMO. It was fair. Not having a normal childhood and the loss of father rocked him. I suppose in his mid 40’s he’s at peace with everything now and that he can enjoy life and the game of golf more as a way to combat demons.

- Watched the Auburn game at Manhattan Project. Always good to get out of the house for a few hours in the winter. Unreal setup for games. Every tv was on UK, great sound setup and their burger/food overall is really good. 4 dollar 24 ounce domesto drafts. The back area would be a great spot with the crew. Becoming a big fan of that place.

- PPP Round 2.

“HEY, IM CALLING ABOUT THE NEW PPP LOAN.”

“ Well, you’re going to have to prove that gross sales in one particular quarter in 2020 were down at least 25% compared to the same quarter in 2019.”

“Well, I can move some stuff around. Wink. Wink. Bwahah.”

Go touch yourself. That’s not what this is intended for. It’s designed for service industry and or hospitality businesses not your damn business where 2020 sales were up 8% compared to 2019.

I can’t believe people don’t have a complete, thorough understanding of a massive government program.

What a bunch of jerks.

No, Sir ContraianALot. . There’s a big difference between not understanding the guidelines and openly admitting a willingness to commit fraud after understanding the guidelines.

Wob had Quick trending all over Twitter yesterday. The comments in these threads were killing me - Knick fans getting used to him launching those weird line drive 'floaters' from like 12 feet out (like the 1st one in the clip above that we saw all season)

yo wtf dude poppin floaters from 12 feet
I can't get over how far out he is on some of these
dude floating from FT line+ lmao

Then you had Sixer fan chiming in for Maxey for the same reason. Both fanbases are in love with these kids.

Last edited:
Knicks fans will fall in love with anything with a pulse.

It’s been a mere 48 years since their last Championship, and delusionally, they can’t understand why any any star wouldn’t want to play in the vaunted Garden (which is a shithole).

that said, if IQ is proving anything - it’s that he’s smart, unselfish and knows the game. Amazing he was riding the pine last year and took over to be SECPOY.

Destroying agenda.

Reactions: grantbob
Where is Whitney? Google doesn't have him playing anywhere currently that I can see.

For whatever reason Instagram will notify me when KAHLIL WHITNEY HAS STARTED A LIVE VIDEO including this past Saturday right sound 4:15 or so. It’s as if INSTA has a sense of humor or something.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
IQ does have a great floater. Deadly. BUT, the dude with his 2:30 clip added in layups, a couple pull up one handed jumpers, and some running one handed jump shot. Floaters are just that, but not all of them where floaters. Floaters are high arching to shot over taller defenders. A bunch of the shots the guy listed actually where jump stop layups.

last_thumb1347561104.jpg

I don't recall a single person actually being enthusiastic about the Jeremy Pruitt hire.

Guess I stand corrected. Jesus Christ.

What was the point of the article? The girls an idiot we all understand that, you want us to apologize for the actions of dumb people?
She needs to be cancelled, obviously. I’m not ready to rule out capital punishment yet either.

Obviously this is from someone who made zero mistakes as a 21 year old

I think the standard 21-year-olds antics are definitely the same as storming into the nation's capital and people ending up dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT