ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
BCCCC416-E27-A-4-FCD-BA07-E818-C668-FE11.jpg

- I mean - Askew and Mintz are third guards coming off the bench for a decent UK squad. Since they’re THE ONLY guards we have in 2021, they both need 35 mpg.

- I’m dumbfounded. All this guy talks about is the F’ing NBA and he doesn’t have a damn clue about today’s league.

- I’m not asking for 50 threes a game, but you have to adjust what you’re doing. Allow me a metaphor- UKO may still like rocking his cross and gold chain from ‘88 and he can still get by with it in 2021 ... if the rest of his wardrobe is vaguely of the times. But when he’s combining it with the Steve Alford feathered middle-part buttcut and laying on the Drakkar Noir thick, he has an issue.

- And you know I get sticking with a guy in a big picture sense. I’ve seen it work - Edwards in ‘98, Teague in ‘12, everyone in ‘14, etc. but you’re in the danger zone. We’re past that stuff. It’s shit or get off the pot time.

- And why is Boston’s NBA Dream more worthy than Allen’s?

- Cal has lost his way- a combination of caring too much about kids’ post-UK success and K overtaking him as the #1 recruiter has F’d him up.

- Here’s the thing- K has realized the folly of the OAD Game. He’s adjusted his recruiting style. This year is a growing pain but will likely benefit him next year.

- Cal ain’t the only one living in the past- ol’ Roy’s two post system is outdated too.

- To quote Crash Davis, “well F this F’ing game.” I’m going to have a couple longpours and watch Netflix with my wife. Love you guys. Enjoy your evening.

Nothing to add but it's just a stupid f@cking way to build a team. When you're bringing in the best of the best, it's one thing but even then you still have to have some upper classmen around them.. And I'm not talking about a transfer who's going to have a learning curve in a new place too.

It's become a total inversion of coaching and team building. This attitude of "if I take care of getting the 5-star to the league then everything else will take care of itself" is just more self-help sales bullshit mantra of "once I stopped focusing on selling and how much money I was making and focused on helping customers I increased my sales exponentially", but the reality is you better be worrying about all of it,

Admit there's a problem, tell us you're going to fix it, try seeing how much the bench motivates Boston,and you've earned enough clout over the years I'll support you. Don't and dig your heels in then GTFO.

-limited out on specs again tonight. Had a solid duck hunt this morning...all 4 of us got nice pintails(not common), couple of spoonbills and a nice mallard drake.

-dinner at the lodge then off to the casina at pine bluff...should be interesting.

-only got to watch the first 15 minutes. For that i am thankful.

-hang in there wildcat friends.

I do believe there may be some degree of Cal not getting any feedback on how he actually sounds to fans because of the COVID bubble they've created.

Did he really say we are close? Was Cal one of those who needed to be explained to that Saturn and Jupiter were not actually close enough to collide last month?

Reactions: Col. Angus
-As I've said, I was a Cal guy since 2007 - in large part because I thought his Nets failure *humbled and matured* him. Before that, I wasn't a fan. Well, he's obviously outgrown his humility and maturity.

-Whoever said 2015 was the gut punch but 2017 was the knockout blow, that stuck with me. Maybe he realized then that he was fighting a futile battle vs the establishment, so he mentally said F-Off, the one thing the NCAA can't control is his success in getting guys drafted.

-Couple that with what Fox said (taken with an appropriate amount of salt), and his actions / attitude the past 4 years, and it all adds up.

Me, all I've wanted since I was 9 years old and saw UK lose to UCLA in the 1975 NCAACG, was to pass UCLA in titles in my lifetime.

Cal got us to 8 and then talked about catching UCLA. So that was cool.

Cal thought he had enough clock with 4 minutes left to sit BJ and steal the win. Nope. Toppin, Allen and Askew were so discombobulated they were scared to shoot... or shitty.

Allen didn’t take an open 3 and Cal melted. Kid was benched another 5 minutes. Instahook.

Kids down, sitting by myself reading the intranet’s feelings on Cal...has any coach ever performed such a heel turn on their own fanbase?

If covid went away tomorrow and Rupp was at capacity for our next home game would he get some boos? I think so.

That is mind blowing and 100% his fault. MJ had a good point the other day, Cal always has to be fighting someone. Most of his rivals have moved on, now he’s fighting the fanbase and local media.

This ends poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT