ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't know if we want them to find some kind of tepid turnaround. Isn't it more important Cal feels the heat to change? I will never root against Kentucky, but something has to shock this guy and his ego into reality.

Reactions: m080470 and justa
6 assists and 17 turnovers? Is that right?

I don't even need to check that stat to know it's correct.

~ BJ cannot play right now. He can't. He's so far behind guys like Mintz, Askew and Allen that it's a damned disservice and blatant cuckolding of our coach that he starts and gets the lion share of minutes.

~ If we run simple stuff because our guys don't have time to get offense installed you either need to 100% focus on establishing post position (which none of our bigs are built to do save for Brooks) and get the guards working on dribbling to the right angle and passing directly to the post, not aiming to where you want them OR you install a 1 in 4 out ISO style of play around Askew. He's the only guy that can reliably get past his man.

~ Speaking of Askew, what a transition he's made. I love his game and look forward to a sophomore effort under a coach who can utilize his skill set.

~ Allen should transfer today. Just get it over with. Cal's going to hold the grudge as long as he is here and force him into streaky shooting with the way he inserts him in the game. We were right and Cal knows it but would rather put it in our faces if the kid isn't the laser we thought he was due to PT.

~ Our defense would be pretty good if we A.) Implemented a situational zone and B.) Boston only played 10 MPG. Switching everything up top cost us 6 points to end the game. WCS ain't walking through that door Cal and your PG's aren't 6'6 anymore.

I've never coached basketball a day in my life and can see the issues but, since Cal doesn't watch tape, he's going to assume it's just effort.

I honestly don't know if we want them to find some kind of tepid turnaround. Isn't it more important Cal feels the heat to change? I will never root against Kentucky, but something has to shock this guy and his ego into reality.

Boston and Clarke going undrafted?

Reactions: BristolCat
If Cal weren't so wed to certain obligations, we'd go with this for the rest of the year as our top 5

Askew
Mintz
Allen
Brooks
Jackson/Sarr

Our chance to make the tournament is dim so it's time to start building for future teams. Askew, Allen, Brooks, and Jackson have relatively high likelihood to return, going by Calipari Era standards, so they can serve as the foundation. We develop an offense built around their skill. We stretch the court, using the 3 point line as a point engine. Jackson and Sarr can work in the pick and roll. Added spacing gives Jackson more opportunities to rim run while Sarr can do some pick and pop.

We might lose every game in epic fashion. Heck, maybe we string together a few great games and get an auto-bid. The approach, however, actually serves the end of maximizing championships.

Er4jZrhXcAAAbM9

Pretty disgusting reading some of these comments. A lot of you guys just refuse to trust in Cal. The cake is baking and h*ck guys its only almost February and you all act like 4 wins and twice as many losses is a death sentence. The cake has to bake. This team *will* be there at the end of the year. If all you want to do is bitch and complain like you saw this coming years ago then GTFO. Real fans know what this team can do.

Actually there's one more "my fault" that we need. It's a pretty important one.

By the way, he's making fun of fans again. "I wish we would've take 35 threes so we could've made 3." WHICH IS YOUR FAULT, JACKASS. 🤬🤬🤬

The dude doesn't understand opportunity cost and/or simple math.

Taking 30 threes doesn't mean taking 13 more threes on top of the total shots we took. There are limited number of shot opportunities in a game. What it does is, ideally, take away the crappy mid range 2's we take all too frequently. Going 6/30 from 3 might actually entail more points if they replace 10 bad 2 point jumpers we would have otherwise taken. There could be some indirect effects, like maybe we'd have less turnovers and more driving lanes due to better court spacing as well.

No way for anyone to get any confidence or flow on either end when he’s acting like Captain Hook and pulling guys after only one mistake.

How many 5 star busts does this make now under Cal?

After the game he said guys wouldn’t shoot unless he yelled at them to and Dontaie passed up some looks in the 2nd half and that’s why he pulled him one time. When you yell and micromanage every possession, you get guys scared to take a bad shot and get pulled. I bet we are -100 in the 2nd half this year with our offense in front of our bench and closer to the maniac.

Meh, Cal ain't going anywhere. Makes too much here. No other school is shelling out a lifetime 9M per year contract with unlimited private jet usage. Mitch is too conservative to fire him and no chance Cal walks away.

I have no idea where this goes too be honest but he's about to lose even the most loyal fans. Especially if he has another mass exodus or Allen transfers.

Last edited:
This year is a total system failure, and it has been in the works since it started to decline after the 2015 season. Rather than changing our systems of play and marketing, we stuck with it, trying to fix the bugs as they arose. The players coming in weren't as good, and Cal bunkered deep into certain style of play preferences. We just finally hit the point of catastrophe.

Accept the season for what it is. Don't waste time. Start building the new systems right now. We could lose every game the rest of the season. If it were done with the intent to build a brand new Kentucky so we can be better in subsequent season, I'd be all for it. I'd find it more enjoyable then seeing us try to fix the plumbing with more toothpicks and bubble gum.

I hope Allen has good people around him that help him understand he needs to transfer. Don’t be loyal to this BS. Cal hates you and he hates this state. Don’t let him ruin your dreams.

Reactions: sinker16
I mean for crying out loud, Cal is more loyal to a damn 6ft marginal player that transfer in from DePaul or somewhere

Mintz, I like the kid, but he ain’t in Dontaie’s league and never will be.

Cal’s pissed because the whole world knows 1) BJ is a clown and 2) Allen is the best guard on the team. Now Cal looks like a big dumb idiot. Instead of doing the mature thing, he’s doubled and tripled down, and it’s hurting both BJ and Dontaie, plus our team. This is all about Cal’s stupid ego.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT