ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
From The Athletic's Britt Robson in describing why Andrew Wiggins is playing so much better this year:

The Timberwolves have installed an offense that is tailor-made for the virtues of his game, provided he is willing and aware enough to match his strengths with the prevailing opportunities. By bringing Towns out of the paint on most offensive possessions, and playing small-ball with Robert Covington as a stretch power forward, the coaching staff has removed two impediments that clogged his driving lanes during the Thibodeau days, when KAT and Taj Gibson were hitched up on either side of the post. More than that, the positioning of personnel in the new scheme has made opposing defenses concentrate their attention on two bigs who are, respectively, deadly and formidable shooting from outside.

Good God, Calipari pretty much is Tom Thibodeau these days....

And yes, obviously Richards isn't the shooter Towns is, but the Warriors won how many titles with Jordan Bell/Kevin Looney basically setting picks and dive bombing to the rim.

There is absolutely nothing John Calipari is doing right now that justifies his absurd salary.

Recruiting - Nope
Coaching - Nope
Scheming - Nope

He's fallen behind the times, is too stubborn to change, and has hitched his wagons to his terrible staff other then KP.

It's turning into Tubby and Ball Line D all over again.

November 12, 2019

Cal ran an out of bounds POA for Allen, across the court to the far corner from the baseline, and when it didn’t work, lol, he threw his hands up like “welp, there was your chance”.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Yea no shit. I'm pointing out idiot fans like me realized 3 years ago there were issues and our idiot coach has just ignored all of them.

That was not a jump ball. We just got cheated out of the joy of watching a Boston three miss everything at the buzzer.

Reactions: Hankshaker
We didn't lose this game over that jump ball, we lost this game because a man that makes 9 million dollars a year thinks it's appropriate to play three guys over 6'8 who cannot shoot with two guards who are better at driving the ball than shooting it for the majority of the second half. Oh, and it's 2021.

The ad with Cal calling the social reaction to kneeling "poison" has a picture that should be his official university photograph for the remainder of his, hopefully, short time with UK.

Did this once before but here's what Cal needs to say after this one:

"I'm a bad coach right now. I built a bad team and I've coached them poorly. I've done them all a disservice, and the fans as well. I'm going to immediately revisit everything from offense to lineups to recruiting. I will never coach another team the way I have in the past because it doesn't work. The fans were right. I appreciate the chance to change and adjust that my contract affords me. I haven't earned it, but I appreciate it. We're gonna win again, and we're gonna win big. It changes now."

What he'll actually say:

"Guys weren't ready. So-and-so has to get tougher. I couldn't play him. I thought Allen was the answer? All our extra assistant coaches out there kept saying that would solve everything. He's been great, but it didn't fix our real problems. We need to work it inside, play tougher, and support each other right now. How about Jacob Toppin though?"

- The stupid bastard has a team with only two guards- both average.

- I should have just turned the game off as soon as he started the second half with thar same lineup, ignoring Allen and Toppin.

- Gee shocking Brooks is now playing the 3 most of the time... where he sucks.

- I don’t know if I can watch the shitshow again

- And next year won’t be better. I love Tschibwe but not at PF where 90s Cal will play him.

I didn’t watch the game but checked in on my phone. Looking at the ESPN play by play: Dontae Allen missed a 3 pointer when we were up 1 with 12:05 left in the game. He didn’t shoot again until there were 13 seconds left in the game. That shot with 12:05 left was his only recorded FGA outside a missed FT with 4:01 left.

To reiterate- our best shooter got one shot while the game was in doubt in the second half. This is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT