ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the only way Rascal Fats can get people out to their shows is if nobody knows its them who are going to be performing.

Maybe i'll start a travel company and people can pay me a handsome sum of money- pack their bags, and i'll surprise them with were they are going. Could be Paris, could be Berea. It will only cost you $15k to find out.

Finally got our rental house booked with another tenant. This gal has no pets which is actually what the last person said prior to her multiple animals pissing all over the place leading to a nearly gut job reno. Its whatever- just pay on time.

Have an itch to show up in Starkville. Really took a lot of hell from that fan base the last time I was there (2010 maybe?). It was a night game on like Halloween and that place was ornery. Heard some things, for sure. Then they rolled off like a decade straight on us until last year so I wouldnt mind another chance to exchange words. Also lost a miserable game in Oxford (where geese spent 3 hours chastising Winston Guy) so really the entire state of Miss. can GTFO.

Reactions: WynnDuffy
I don’t know if you remember or not , but I saw the guy that wrote “What’s Hurts The Most” live, gang. Saddest song I’ve heard in a while. I know, I know, you wish you were there, but that song when he explains it is heart-wrenching. It’s about his son that died in a car wreck.
I think we all remember when you saw the guy that wrote “Who Hurts The Most”.

An all time non- ice related GYERO memory.

I do not recall that song being about his son dying, best I can recall it is about his wife / GF leaving him. "What hurts the most, is being so close, and having you walk away, leaving not much to say." Does not sound like his son dying.

Our fans were asked to leave a basketball game in starkville (Cousins "call me" game) with time left on the clock "for our own safety" after having random objects thrown at us. Pretty sure Harris was behind the bench urging the MSU contingent to come see about it.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
* Nice little YAHTZEE! for Coach Mark Stoops and company yesterday. Welcome aboard, Ricky Hyatt, Jr.

* Strange little YouTube wormhole I keep falling down...

My Self Reliance. Honestly, building your own house with just a couple of simple tools actually looks pretty easy. This dude is a machine. Lives a totally awesome, off the grid lifestyle.

(but with like fantastic hd video equipment and cell phone reception, of course)

* Fairly certain this weekend marks the 12-year anniversary of chief actually making out with a chick. Man, that Starkville trip was legendary.

* Ken Burns is an American treasure, and this Country Music doc is great. That Hank Williams sure was one helluva dapper dresser, particularly for a raging drunk. I've been on some benders before, fuh real, and no way I'm looking clean-shaven and suited up like him. Kudos?

* We've got a rich white dude running for Governor named Eddie Rispone, which conveniently rhymes with "phony." The ads practically write themselves.

* .272 with 48 homers. Pretty good season for Eugenio Suarez. Slick glove, too.

(fyi: joey votto pretty much sucks d. literally. figuratively)

* Bob Wills Is Still The King. Gotta be in there somewhere.

I do not recall that song being about his son dying, best I can recall it is about his wife / GF leaving him. "What hurts the most, is being so close, and having you walk away, leaving not much to say." Does not sound like his son dying.
Rogue was making a joke you f**king dolt. Are you really this stupid?

Reactions: Col. Angus
Napa was lovely. Went with Marge's whole fam for her bro's 50th bday.

3 days of visiting vineyards and drinking shitloads of wine. I had no idea I liked wine as much as I do.

The whole area is just gorgeous. The 13 of us stayed in the Suisun Valley Inn. We had it all to ourselves. It's a big house with a huge yard, a vineyard out front and a creek winding thru the back - all surrounded by mountains.

The most fun was sitting out back in the evenings while drinking the wine we bought at the vineyards we visited during the day.

We took a "wine train" on Saturday. That was pretty cool. Had a nice beef tenderloin lunch on the train. Boat would've approved.

The missed FG sent me down a bad path. I just wanted to be left alone to drink in peace and didn't want any sympathy. The college football fans that I was with were alums of Ohio State, Texas, Clemson and Alabama. They don't understand how few of these opportunities come along for Big Blue Faithful.

After the game, when I finally came downstairs, the henniest of all hens in the chicken coop kept chirping away about this Napa Valley bourbon she found and how a shot would make me feel better. After telling her I didn't effing want any 100x, I just grabbed the bottle out of her hand and downed it.

That felt good, so I decided to down a couple of bottles of wine on top of that. Marge decided to go up to bed about a quarter of the way into that shit show. Next I helped out my BIL's friend with a bottle of Buffalo Trace.

Luckily, the various alcohols mixed and created a very jolly state of inebriation instead of transforming me into an angry asshole. I mean I was still slinging a lot of arrows about the Big Ten sucking and Dabo being a phony piece of shit, but I was doing it with a smile on my face.

Well, I know Anth swears by his coconut water, but I may have found the best hangover preventer in the world (other than not drinking too much). Milk Thistle. Some sort of ALL NATURAL! pill that I scoffed at but went ahead and took while drinking and before passing out. I should've had a hangover every damn morning and never even had a hint of a headache.

Milk Touching Thistle. I'm a believer.

Monday morning, we left our beautiful house in Suisun Valley and headed to San Francisco for the day.

Hiked thru Muir Woods. I love that sort of shit. Awe inspiring redwoods. Gorgeous.

Stopped at The Fish restaurant on the water in Sausalito and had lunch. I was a little adventurous and went with the Smoked Cod Reuben. Incredible. Smoked Cod, Sauerkraut, Russian Dressing on toasted rye.

Went to Battery Spencer for a breathtaking view of the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco and Alcatraz.

Hit up Fisherman's Wharf until it was time to head to the airport.

We took the red eye home and surprised our kids at the bus stop. They spent the night with our neighbors (good friends - our families are always together) after my sister watched them for the rest of the time. It was nice getting away and just being by ourselves for a few days, but I have to admit I missed the little assholes. It felt good to have them sprint down the street with smiles bigger than Christmas morning when they saw us.

Would've liked a lot more time to explore 'Frisco, but all in all it was a great trip.

I didn't think I liked red wine, but man, I dig it. Can't wait until the case we ordered shows up.

The bit about settling "against my attorney's advice" is pure horseshit.

My only take away from the deal.

Miss St is perhaps the most underrated asshole fanbase out there, imo. I've never been to Starkville, but we seem to have issues with their small contingent at the SECT on the regular. I can only imagine what they're like on their home turf liquored up for football.

Truth. They have some weird superiority deal... which is odd since they've had no success. They also don't like when you point out Starkville is by far the worst SEC town and it's not even close.

Reactions: tommyg4uk
Our fans were asked to leave a basketball game in starkville (Cousins "call me" game) with time left on the clock "for our own safety" after having random objects thrown at us. Pretty sure Harris was behind the bench urging the MSU contingent to come see about it.

19836_501698375005_974948_n.jpg

Everyone was nice to us in Starkville two years ago but they kicked the shit out of us that day so that helped.
I don't recall having anyone be straight assholes but MSU/USC had the same "aw you're Kentucky Football fans, that's cute" arrogance that Bama, LSU and Auburn fans had. I'll take it from those big boys but the middle pack can get f*cked.

I hated Starkville because the town and stadium sucked also the cowbells. Been twice now and same opinion both visits, worst SEC town I've been to by a wide margin.

Lot of Miss St grads in Nashville, good people for the most part. They've had their ish kicked in by the SEC West for so long they sorta get it. Or maybe just the ones my age that only know Bama dominance. Either way, mainly good folks I've interacted with.

UT and USCjr fans, however...touch them.

"Stamping Ground sits a little over an hour east of Louisville, in the rolling bluegrass hills of northern Kentucky."

What?

Since we're talking about The King:

1. Lonesome, On'ry and Mean
2. Only Daddy That'll Walk the Line
3. I Ain't Living Long Like This

Not saying that's his top 3 of all time or anything, but I'm just saying.

Most underrated: "If I Could Find a Clean Shirt" with Willie.

Kash was just working the ankle, setting Trask up for a figure four finisher. Pretty standard IMO.

* I used the pinch the hell out of people at the bottom of piles, right on the back of the thigh because it was done to me as a Freshman and hurts like hell.

Kash was just working the ankle, setting Trask up for a figure four finisher. Pretty standard IMO.

* I used the pinch the hell out of people at the bottom of piles, right on the back of the thigh because it was done to me as a Freshman and hurts like hell.

Dude is getting *destroyed* nationally today after that latest video.

A PFG shirt is exactly what I would picture Brax in. It’s the quintessential shirt for every southern/Midwest guy on vacation. Throw in a pair of those horrible baseball coach Oakley sunglasses from the late 90s/early 2000s, a visor and if we’re getting really specific some cargo shorts(or just straight up ridiculous swim trunks). This guy also has to be the loudest in his group, also thinks he’s hilarious.

Okay sorry it’s about his dad dying, my bad. It’s supposed to sound like a love song though, that’s the idea behind it. http://robynnscorner.949starcountry...he-song-what-hurts-the-most-by-rascal-flatts/

Apparently I'm just huge blue tinted glasses homer because even the new video looks like his arm is trapped under Trask's leg.

Reactions: jayroon
I think it is however you what to see it. I honestly can see the arm trapped and trying to get out, AND I can see him twisting the ankle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT