ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
- HBO's Autopsy is still one the best documentary series ever. Pretty much all of them on YouTubes. Also, maybe the creepiest music ever on TV.

They're outstanding! The music is certainly unnerving. I also like the choice of narration. They need to churn out a new batch of episodes.

Reactions: MattsCats
Whoever recommended Mindhunter nailed it. Suspenseful would be an understatement. Haven't slept well for days. Everything about it is taut AF. Basically zero action but everything else is so good I don't notice (or care).

Reactions: 911guy
Mindhunter is indeed phenomenal. Season 1 > Season 2 but barely.

The guys that play Berkowitz and Manson just nail it in their small roles. the dude playing Ed Kemper is freakishly good.

Still remember the Atlanta murders vividly. Reading the newspaper and following on TV. Great season. Looking forward to season 3.

Heading to Seattle this morning. First trip out to the PNW. Looking forward to everything BUT the 4:05 EST NFL game Sunday. CATS being on at 4:30 will be a nice touch though.

-
- Fictional sporting events young MattsCats would pay to teleport to have watched:

1. Under-18 All Valley Karate Championship
2. The first game Scott Howard transformed into Teen Wolf
3. The Adams College Greek Games
4. "Let them play" Astrodome scene from Bad News Bears: Breaking Training
5. Laff-a-Lympics
6. Al Bundy's 4 TDs in one game
7. Webb/Czervik/Noonan vs Smails/Beeper in Caddyshack
8. The crazy island/pommel horse scene from GymKata (technically a sporting event?)
9. Frank Dux in the Kumite (yeah, this was totally fiction, Frank)
10. Layne Myer going down the K-12 on one ski

#9 is easily 1 or 2.
#5 is a hidden gem...nice.

Roy Hobbs last game.
Harry Potter playing Quidditch.
Throw in some chess....Josh Waitzkin taking on the snobby kid.

Imagine planning large, possibly once in a lifetime, trips to England and the Pacific Northwest around the Bengals.

Shorts:

- Saturday’s slate of games. :sunglasses: Noon through midnight.

- Buddy is trying to talk me into getting to Four Roses by 6am on September 14 for the Small Batch Limited release. Sounds like a complete shitshow that will leave me tired and annoyed.

- Sorry I can’t root for Jesusfreak Dabo. Even odds it comes out he’s corrupt, calling hookers and/or gay in the next few years.

- Whose administration F’d their fans more the last 20 years- Tennessee football or Indiana basketball?

- Wife’s likely headed to the Bahamas to aid in relief efforts soon. I know this sounds [eyeroll] considering the the poor folks who are devastated but our friends’ home on the Cay is somehow largely unscathed- remarkable considering it’s just on the other side of Marsh Harbor which is annihilated.

- Best time of the year- enjoy, GYERO. :cool2:

Last edited:
Shorts:

- Buddy is trying to talk me into getting to Four Roses by 6am on September 14 for the Small Batch Limited release. Sounds like a complete shitshow that will leave me tired and annoyed.

Do not do it. Sunday Old Forrester had 100+ at 3pm for the Monday morning 830am release of 2019 Birthday Bourbon which they had a sign up only 72 bottles were available.

Meanwhile I just walked into my go to store, picked one up for $140 with no line.

You can not compete with these looney tune people with nothing to do but camp for bourbon.

-Still have a bunch of bourbon to burn through before going back on the hunt.

-Got a Joetessierie for the BGE. First, attention I've paid that guy in quite some time. Feel kinda bad, TBH. Apparently a game changer in the wing making. Sounds good. Should be pumping those things out Saturday.

-Speaking of UT, Fulmer was at practice this week. :joy: That's always comforting.

-Kersey, lol. Didn't he have the wrong info on Blackshear as well? I thought that dude had fallen off the earth but I guess he's back on RR. Regardless all signs point to Clarke being ours and he's a gd stud.

-You should unload the Birthday Bourbon to a great friend for a reasonable profit.

Reactions: Col. Angus
LA%20Marathon%20Start%20Line%20Full%20Field.jpg

Runners are seeded by expected finish time. If you get binoculars, you can see anth waddling in the back amongst the strollers, pregnant ladies, the morbidly obese, and the elderly.

~Destin-ation the next 7 days. Golf, beach, dinner, repeat. No boats unless a jet ski qualifies….no crab island….no doc. A glorious 90+ and sunny every damn day. *Summer*

~Cheeseheads and Bears under 46.5 tonight…and then a triple up w/ the Pats on Sun night…..guess we’ll start off on a losing streak and go from there.

~”liked” BBdK’s $1k in chips

~Tix in hand for UK-Utes….the doubleheader on Sat should go on sale soon. I like the noon start for that event to give Sat night open.

~3 deaths in that I75 wreck last night near the 64 split….ages 35, 26 and 20….awful.

~4th eye injection left a nice blood pool….should be good for freaking people out the next week.

~If anyone is near Leestown Rd at noon, lunch on me.

~Stay safe gyeromen....you too pti

Yeah- no way I’m going. Thanks for the negative reinforcement.

Don't think you'll find me in any marathon lines, bubba. Distance running isn't proving to be in the cards anymore. Would like to get back to 3-4 mile runs a couple times per week but the back doesn't see up to it. However, Ol' Anth has got himself in pretty good shape these days if you haven't been paying attention.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
Generally I root for anth to trim up and lose a few extra pounds, but the likelihood of him walking around shirtless, wearing nothing but boyshort underwear absolutely skyrockets when he's feel good about his weight. So maybe an extra 5-10 isn't so bad on him.

Just looking out for those of you attending the Extrav this weekend.

Reactions: jayroon
Still recovering from 5 days of debauchery. Woo wee I love that trip but it gets harder ever year. Came VERY close to starting a forest fire in the Cascades Thursday night:flushed:.

I did bring some of the West Coast legal back with me, surprisingly easy. I'm not a vape guy but ended up getting a pen with the "good" loaded cartridges. :sunglasses:

A guy that despises UK basketball, UK fans and loves one of UK's biggest rivals spends a ton of time posting on a UK board and is now planning a trip to Vegas around watching a meh UK/Utah game right before Christmas. You know you can go to Vegas just to go to Vegas right? :confused:

Reactions: paintrain_cat
A guy that despises UK basketball, UK fans and loves one of UK's biggest rivals spends a ton of time posting on a UK board and is now planning a trip to Vegas around watching a meh UK/Utah game right before Christmas. You know you can go to Vegas just to go to Vegas right? :confused:
His brother is a UK fan and UNC plays game before ours.

Despise UK fans...no. 99.9% of my bff's are UK blue bloods...we argue, slander, and call each other names, but they are all great guys, along w/ most on here.

But for the record, my wife, who can recite Jon Scott's stats by heart, is the main reason we are going...myself, Vegas 1 and UNC 2. And yes...go to LV quite often just to go.

Besides, live college hoops in Vegas is pretty much the pinnacle, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT