ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep coming back to the fact that a team that shoots as poorly as Duke has never won the title in the modern era.

As poorly in general, or as poorly from 3P, because their 48% FG is better than quite a few teams in the "modern era". Their 30% from 3P could be a detriment or they could go 13-21 like they did against UVA's defense.

2 yrs ago, both Gonzaga and UNC laid bricks, but UNC had 15 more shots, made only 4 TO's and won the offensive boards. Your statement doesn't hold water because there are soooooooooooooooo many more factors that will come into play.

PJ Washington is probably day-to-day, apparently with a torn ligament between his toes....

[sick]

False:

-Wife turned down dinner with Lisa Vanderpump at her new spot at Caesars. Harmon's buddy is a high roller and his host had given him a couple passes for some special event with her, and of course they had no interest in going, b/c that would mean missing out on the San Jose St/Air Force tilt over at Thomas & Mack. Couldn't believe she declined, tbh.

Last edited:
Duke was down big to UL. Yeah they came back and all but the recipe is there.

Hit timely threes, get ZW in foul trouble, hold on for dear life. I think the team that beats them hits 10+ threes, Zion misses 10 minutes or more with foul trouble, and none of the scrubs goes off.

Everyone raves about his crazy hops & rightfully so, but his speed & ability to jump past people is what separates him. He takes off from spots that don't seem possible & the defender simply isn't expecting, and ends up wide open by release. 76% from the field is just :joy:.

Oh, and Don't sleep on Joey Baker, kid is really coming on of late after K burned his redshirt. [eyeroll]

-UNC/Duke fan incessantly taking up for one another is [sick]. What a Rivalry!

I believe Zion’s b-ball IQ is off the charts. He has great understanding of angles and pace of when to burst with his crazy athleticism and slow down to catch the defender off guard.

I'm going to keep harping on this until they're cutting down the nets in Minneapolis on April 8, but Duke's three point shooting is significantly worse than every other team that's won the title. As of now, the worst three point shooting title winner is 2011 UConn, at 32.7%. This is still 2.5% better than Duke's 30.2%. Yeah they're great and yeah Zion's the greatest power forward since Magic Johnson, but man that it awful. These games slow down, the rims get smaller, and teams get tight. Especially -- as we know all too well -- teams dominated by freshmen. (Plus, I hate them.)

- Ok there are some nerds (ahem Vecinie) who probably have watched multiple games from every tournament team...

Every writer -- even dorks like Vecinie who claim to be above the fray -- are biased, and it has an impact on what they say and who they pick. Not only is he rooting against Belmont because they're a Christian school, but he "refuses to normalize them" and "will not ever watch a game they're playing in." All writers are f'ing woke clowns.

Last edited:
I believe Zion’s b-ball IQ is off the charts. He has great understanding of angles and pace of when to burst with his crazy athleticism and slow down to catch the defender off guard.
For someone averaging over 2 steals, almost 2 blocks, and scores 90% of his baskets driving to be hole he must have a superhuman understanding of angles to only average 2.0 fouls

Todds not really an Insta guy, he’s a tweeter.

KSR lawsuit from Higgins dismissed, congrats Mags.

Just in time. Expect to see him in Kansas City

driving to be hole
0.jpg

Not only is he rooting against Belmont because they're a Christian school, but he "refuses to normalize them" and "will not ever watch a game they're playing in." All writers are f'ing woke clowns.
Aw, man. I was looking forward to his analysis of Kentucky/Abilene Christian, Baylor/Syracuse, St. John's/Arizona State, Mississippi State/Liberty, Tennessee/Colgate, Wofford/Seton Hall, I'll stop.

Interesting, I had just looked at the Higgins case online yesterday since I hadn't heard anything about it in a while.

No real action since last summer; last docket entry was the Court asking the parties to submit briefs analyzing the effect of a recent federal court opinion involving Trump. That was last November.

Timing of the decision is interesting. Even though the lawsuit was dismissed, I don't think that frees up Higgins to ref one of our games.

It's a 46 page opinion, and the Court said its ruling does not necessarily bar a defamation claim, but Higgins didn't plead that. Which is kind of embarrassing for his lawyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT