ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really makes no sense, but I actually root for shooters to go cold in the last week of the regular season, and the SEC Tourney. Law of averages, they’re gonna get hot eventually — and I want it to be in the Big Dance.

That’s how that works. Or something like that.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
But don't you have the data to support this is clearly a pipe dream?

Yes.
He is the only player that I have seen have flawless halves of basketball over and over. For his size and activity level, he should average more than 1 foul per 14.5 minutes of gameplay.

In the home game against UVA, he has 18pts on 6 FG (fg in the paint) with 3 steals, 3 blocks (aggressive D) and ZERO fouls in 36 minutes. That is unheard of.

Lets not forget it was the Higgins crew who missed the shot clock violation in 2015. he should have been strung up for that alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Col. Angus
The NYT published this 7 hours ago. These poor guys getting yelled out for sucking ass.

“The speed of information is causing referees to be more visible,” said J.D. Collins, the N.C.A.A.’s national coordinator of men’s basketball officials. “Our best hope is to have us be invisible, do our job and go home. But I’m afraid we are no longer in that environment.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/20/sports/ncaa-tournament-referees.html

Legally responsible? No.

But you’ll have a hard time convincing me they had no idea what would happen by putting the Higgins info out in that timeframe/environment. Bad form all the way around.

Also 2011 UConn, IIRC.
269294792.gif

Yet even as the light on officiating gets harsher, an analysis of all N.C.A.A. tournament games last year found that officials made the right call 94.75 percent of the time when they blew their whistles, Collins said. No calls, where no whistle was blown on close plays, were correct about 90 percent of the time, he added.

Bullshit.

Yet even as the light on officiating gets harsher, an analysis of all N.C.A.A. tournament games last year found that officials made the right call 94.75 percent of the time when they blew their whistles, Collins said. No calls, where no whistle was blown on close plays, were correct about 90 percent of the time, he added.

Bullshit.
I would argue that's much, much worse than it sounds. The whistle gets blown constantly on obvious plays. Obvious out of bounds alone represents probably a fourth or a third of calls. Shot clock violations, jump balls, that thing where the net goes up into the rim and they have to ask one of the actual athletes to fix it for them...

94.75 percent of the time probably equates to them getting difficult calls correct at about the same rate as a coin flip.

Imagine if someone told you they don't wreck their car 94.75 percent of the time they drive. That's a horrible driver.

Last edited:
Can you imagine the embarrassment of losing tomorrow 2 vs 15? Much less being the first 1 vs 16 EVER to lose that game[sick]

The amount of stress I went through for that Wisky F4 was unnecessary, so much so that a UK/Duke final is something I’m not sure my health could deal with.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Can you imagine the embarrassment of losing tomorrow 2 vs 15? Much less being the first 1 vs 16 EVER to lose that game[sick]

The amount of stress I went through for that Wisky F4 was unnecessary, so much so that a UK/Duke final is something I’m not sure my health could deal with.
Hey man, just sitting here trying to help you out but seriously- think about taking a break.

Your pal,

MaxP

Bullshit.

They do this analysis but then later admit to NOT tracking technical fouls this year.

I embarrassed myself screaming at Doug Shows Saturday in Nashville. At one point 4-5 older gentlemen BJWs joined in. It felt good at the time.

I also yelled expletives about HOFCJC, yelled at my father and poked a 300lb+ UT fan in the chest sitting behind me. I have a hard time in public in those types of environments. Spent an hour in silence in the Hilton lobby by myself to cool off. This. Is. March.

Last edited:
:joy: I felt terrible for the injury, krazy is a good dude -- but, it was indeed the first trip down the floor, first run of the season, score 0-0. Unreal.

This is false.

It was terribly early enough to remember it this way though and pretty embarrassing.

- PTI, I don’t take this board too serious, ever! That said I swear I talk tough, but my 5’ nothing wife would whip my 6’5 ass before I’d ever lay a hand on her.

If “jogging down a basketball court” can whip your ass, there’s no reason to think an actual human couldn’t do the same, even if she’s but 5 feet tall.

Reactions: krazykats
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT