ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Highest-scoring team: Gonzaga (88.8 points per game).
  • Lowest-scoring team: Kansas State (65.8 points per game).
  • Fastest team: North Carolina (74.3 possessions per game).
  • Slowest team: Virginia(59.3 possessions per game).
  • Best free-throw shooting team: Mississippi (78.3 percent).
  • Worst free-throw shooting team: Saint Louis (59.8).
  • Best 3-point shooting team: Wofford (41.6).
  • Worst 3-point shooting team: Duke (30.2).
  • Most experienced team: Nevada (2.71 average seasons)
  • Least experienced team: Kentucky (0.58 average seasons)
  • Tallest team: Syracuse (average height 79.4 inches)
  • Smallest team(s): Prairie View A&M and Gardner-Webb (74.2)

Over the years, teams that have won it all have checked a lot of boxes. You can make the stats tell you a lot of things you want to hear. But if you've got a top-40 per-possession D and a guard that's projected to be drafted, you've got a solid shot. Only a handful of teams meet this criteria each year. Ten apply now. Four have two clear draft-worthy guards.
  • Michigan: 2nd (Charles Matthews, Jordan Poole)
  • Duke: 6th (Tre Jones, RJ Barrett [borderline guard classification])
  • Kentucky: 12th (Ashton Hagans, Tyler Herro)
  • Kansas: 15th (Quentin Grimes, Devon Dotson)
The rest of the list:
  • Virginia: 5th (Ty Jerome)
  • North Carolina: 10th (Coby White)
  • Gonzaga: 16th (Zach Norvell, Jr.)
  • Virginia Tech: 25th (Nickeil Alexander-Walker)
  • Purdue: 32nd (Carsen Edwards)
  • Marquette: 35th (Markus Howard)

• Best scorer: Marquette's Markus Howard (25.0)
  • Best rebounder: Minnesota's Jordan Murphy (11.5)
  • Best assist man: Murray State's Ja Morant (10.0)
  • Best 2-point shooter: Duke's Zion Williamson (76.0)
  • Best 3-point shooter: Wofford's Storm Murphy (50.6)
  • Best foul shooter: Kentucky's Tyler Herro (94.0)

Only three times has the No. 1 overall seed won the NCAA Tournament since the selection committee began ranking the No. 1s in 2004: Florida (2007), Kentucky (2012) and Louisville (2013). The No. 1 overall seed has also lost in the second round thrice -- and the first round once. (UMBC forever.) Duke is this year's No. 1 overall seed. Virginia is a No. 1 again, getting its seventh in school history.

Only one time in the past 22 NCAA Tournaments have all four No. 2 seeds made the Sweet 16. This stat always rocks me. And it's happened just four times since 1985: '89, '95, '96, '09. Pick at least one No. 2 to lose. It's probably going to happen.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...-to-fill-out-a-winning-march-madness-bracket/

matt-norlander-6993045.jpg

Crazy. Me and 73 bonded watching the 2012 title game on 80 Proof's POS 12" rabbit ear telly in the dining room while the rest of the crew watched in the main area.

Sometimes you do what you gotta do to get the victory. That TV was extremely small. And might have been black and white. But it brought home the championship!!!

Crazy. Me and 73 bonded watching the 2012 title game on 80 Proof's POS 12" rabbit ear telly in the dining room while the rest of the crew watched in the main area.

We were about 2-3 seconds ahead with the telecast so I about got my ass beat a couple times screaming in advance. We were too nervous to really drink anything. I remember Collins Ooookwoooo, Coshik Williams and their guys randomly came in the house mid-game and watched with us. Don't remember the six degrees of separation but I *do* remember 80 cranking up the N* in Paris song as soon as the clock expired. Hysterics ensued. Limestone was surreal. SWAT team was real friendly, took photos with us, the works.

Did I do ^that^ right, Richie?

Perfection.

Prairie View coaching search committee - Coach Smith, is there anything else we need to know about you as we narrow our search?

Byron Smith-I coached the Harlem Globetrotters.

Prairie View coaching search committee-Call the AD, this search is over!

(cue the Globetrotters whistle theme)

As soon as DeAndre is finished with his professional basketball career, UK should hire him as full time Player Development Dawg. Just harass the piss out of these kids...preferably with a cig hanging out of his mouth.

John+Calipari+Deandre+Liggins+NCAA+Basketball+x6DVpfGthpkl.jpg

*I’d take a small caliber bullet for that man.

This is another reminder to fill out a Team Bryant Bracket. Each person can enter up to 3 brackets at $10 each. Here's the link:
http://r2cc.mayhem.cbssports.com/

password: goteam

Don't wait until Thursday at 11a because the CBS site might crash like it's done before.

Email jaime.west1@gmail.com for payment options.

Winner gets half the pool and half goes to Team Bryant for the Bike to Beat Cancer.

Thanks for playing!

Shorts:

- For you Vanderpump fans, the lass hit up Sur last night with her bestie. Looks like Sandoval was bartending. She hasn’t been this pumped about something since our wedding.

- I guess it was decided at the last Millennial Sportswriter Dork Convention that all good players will now be referred to as “dudes.” Just a heads up, so you know what Anth is talking about in his basketball posts.

- Half day tomorrow and all day at the bro-in-laws on Friday for some premium bourbon and hoops on three screens. eek

- Keeping Saturday open for BBdK to roll north :eyes:

- All due respect to Booker, but as many can attest, I’m the biggest bitch in here.

- According to podcasts, all midmajors are dangerous and led by elite, well-respected coaches. These guys don’t start sucking until they coach in major conferences, apparently.

- Ballpark for a normal couple- what am I looking at $$$ total for 10 days in Europe (let’s say London-based)? tia

- Ok there are some nerds (ahem Vecinie) who probably have watched multiple games from every tournament team, but it’s funny listening to most of the guy talking out their azz about these obscure midmajors, “Michigan needs to watch out for Montana’s Malik Dunnigan, shooting 37.6 from 3. He could be an issue for Beilein’s squad.”

- It’s a great week, boys. Always goes way too quickly. Try to minimize your anxiety. Believe in your coach. Catch up with your buddies. Knock back some frosties. And enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: SAECATFAN
Depends on the Euro trip...how high class you wanting to roll?

Got any credit card points to use for flights/hotels?

I’d say 5-10k for a nice trip.

CVG has nonstop to Paris for about $1100pp right now in May. Once you're there it's fairly close to what you would spend here. If you're in the big cities think NY/Chi/SF prices. Traveling around from place to place is pretty cheap with trains or airlines like Ryan. Hotels in Paris/London are going to run you 2-300 per night so thats about 5k on flight and rooms. Go in the off seasons and get with your bestie BBdk for cost saving ideas.

Reactions: wcc31 and drxman1
Sometimes you do what you gotta do to get the victory. That TV was extremely small. And might have been black and white. But it brought home the championship!!!
That was the Schems tailgate TV, I think it was a 47" visio.

-Am I saying "dudes" a lot these days? Speaking of that, G has picked up on my gyero-ism of using "pretty" in front of "sure, much, good, etc." Cracks me up each time.

-Taxes, paying them is one thing but organizing the mountain of papers is much worse. F THIS!!

-That group on HOB is a weird crew. Every thread has the same group being huge bitches and another group calling them out for being bitches. Every single thread the exact same.

-Nashville was overrun with those Bird/Lime scooters. Suckers were everywhere, hanging off bridges, in ditches, laying haphazardly on every sidewalk. I like them but feel like they need to figure that shit out.

-Spring. Enjoy Bitches. I hope BBdk and WCC are just miserable until November.

-Got a feeling this isn't a chalky tournament. Everyone seems to be leaning that way, I'm thinking we get early upsets.

I have V Tech taking out Duke. That team has a UK 10’ 1-22 performance (or whatever) behind the arc in them that gets them bounced.

It’s admittedly a heart play, but there is some history to back it up as well.
I keep coming back to the fact that a team that shoots as poorly as Duke has never won the title in the modern era. At some point, it'll catch up to them. That, or they'll face a close game and R.J. will go into "I GOT THIS DAWG" mode again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT