ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that Brandon Knight moment vividly. I had to explain to the commander the next morning why I was screaming and running through the hospital halls in the middle of the night.

Stood tall and proud on that one. He understood.

I was sitting there holding 05, who could barely keep his eyes open...on the edge of my seat...Anth, Sloot, and Dennis Reynolds going absolutely bananas. Knight hit that shot, and I'm pretty sure I threw 05 threw the ceiling of that arena. I think he ended up a few rows down...he's a tough kid.

The subway scene after that game was bonkers. The only thing that rivals that for me was beating Russ and Luke in 2014. Outside Lucas Oil that night was absolutely nutso and will likely never be topped. :fire::fire::fire::fire:

Just noticed that after the ball was tipped by Harrellson towards mid court, Craft picks it up and chucks a half court shot at the wrong basket. What a loser.

Ohio State game: Was just talking with my son about this the other night.

My daughter, 14 at the time, had a bunch of friends over. Those teenage girls were actually into the game, and watched intently.

My son, 9 then, was in the basement with a friend and I made those two come up and watch the last minute. When the buzzer sounded, I high fived him so hard, I accidentally knocked him down to the ground.

[jumpingsmile]:grimace: Fun family story to this day.

Reactions: drxman1
Possibly my favorite thing about beating a hated foe in the tournament is then dug-cussing every opposing player/coach/fan and referee on the court, telling them to enjoy sucking, mocking their despair, etc.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
I was sitting there holding 05, who could barely keep his eyes open...on the edge of my seat...Anth, Sloot, and Dennis Reynolds going absolutely bananas. Knight hit that shot, and I'm pretty sure I threw 05 threw the ceiling of that arena. I think he ended up a few rows down...he's a tough kid.

The subway scene after that game was bonkers. The only thing that rivals that for me was beating Russ and Luke in 2014. Outside Lucas Oil that night was absolutely nutso and will likely never be topped. :fire::fire::fire::fire:

I was in Lexington at my house with Bonzo, B$ and 80.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Jet-lag randoms:

London... much more enjoyable this time around, with no real itinerary. Weather was standard overcast most of the trip.

*Cigs are still the way to go for the folks across the pond.
*got to sit in with the choir at a Sunday service at Westminster which was pretty cool
*Wife wanted to go to Windsor one day so we did a trip over and hung out for most of the day, toured the castle and the town.
*Did a west-end theatre show (Waitress) which was surprisingly better than I expected.
*Went out to see the new Spurs stadium which opens in a couple weeks... those new venues are as state of the art as anything we have on this side of the world... completely over the top.
*Found a bottle of Blantons Gold in a Soho liquor store that I was excited about.
*Stayed in Kensington/Chelsea which is my preferred area because its a bit more quiet, but still only a couple stops on the train to nightlife.
*Late night Chinatown snacks FTW. Ended up in a spot one night and asked about using their restroom... the guy reluctantly finally told me it was downstairs in the basement on the right.... then he grabbed my arm and told me not to go through the door on the left. The door on the left was open a bit and there were 7-8 well-dressed Chinese guys in their playing Mahjong (sp?) and some type of card game with a good bit of money on the table. Was similar to the scene in Animal House when they saw me standing there. Card dealer came over and just shut the door in my face.
*Ryanair flight over to Ireland was everything you'd expect from a $20 flight.

Ireland...

*Flew into Cork, rented a car and took off towards the west coast. Its not so much the left side driving that is the issue as much as the fact that the roads were apparently last paved in 1986, and are barely wide enough to fit a couple of bikes.
*The scenery on the drive is pretty amazing- we stayed a few nights in Killarney, which I just kind of picked out at random, and turned out to probably be the highlight for me. Cool town, people went out of their way to be friendly. Good pubs, and decent enough food. Sat one night watching races at Cheltenham, while a bookie took bets at the bar.
*Drove the Gap of Dunloe- was a cool experience, though a bit nerve-racking. Headed up to see the Cliffs of Moher- it was absolutely freezing but worth it for the view. Would love to be there on a warmer day to enjoy it more.
*Spent a night in Galway before heading to Dublin for St. Patty's weekend. The night of the 16th being a Saturday seemed like people went harder at it- by the late night hours it looked like zombie-land full of drunks. Carried over into the 17th but the majority appeared to be moving a step slower that day. Dublin was an okay time, but I was ready to get back home at that point. We saw some cool stuff, Guinness tour was a good time- but the city is kind of a dump. Enjoyed the other side of the country a lot more.

*Got to the house a little after midnight last night... had a brief but fairly heated exchange with TSA in Dulles, that wouldnt let me bring a bottle of Irish Whiskey through, that I had purchased at another airport that day. I cordially asked an older lady employee to show me where this policy was written, as other airport security checkpoints didnt bat an eye. "I ask the questions not you, boy." was the response I got- and apparently it escalated quickly enough that additional security had to come over and after further exchange I was finally told that there were two options- 1. go back and check the bottles in a bag or 2. be detained. So TSA won that battle.

Fix that shit Clark. God bless.

I watched the Ohio state game at my house. When we won, I was so excited.

Never been a smoker but a nice snus on my drive home really relaxes the nerves.

80 came out of retirement just to humble brag about lifting a van. Nice.

“What a Fool Believes” absolutely slaps in 2019

Coaching both my boys teams and trying to not get too excited, but I like my team(s). Oldest has wanted to be the Orioles for years. The bird is a top 3 sports logo imo and clean jerseys all the way around.

Zac Brown is about to release the worst album of his career. You won’t see me hyping his shit anytime soon. That f*cken guy has let me down so much it’s embarrassing.

Had McDonald’s for the first time all year this weekend. Absolute garbage. Felt like I had eaten a diaper. Down 20lbs since 1/1. Old haggard, repugnant B Rax is about to start turnin heads. Watch out ladies

[laughing] My father-in-law got into it with TSA Sunday night at Reagan. The DC agents must have been extra salty this week.

Haven't been around everyone but if I had to put myself in a category of what my personality is during big games it's probably a lot ABH and a little Chase.

I'm saving my viral video meltdown for retirement so going to peep these indoors until this climate cools down.

OSU immediate aftermath was the first time my dad and I had hugged since I was a child. Haven't discussed it since.

When Harrelson deflected that ball to midcourt, there was a 13 year-long release of frustration in the BBN. First truly great postseason celebration since 98 and when a LOT of the younger portion of the fanbase got their wings. What a moment.

Crazy. Me and 73 bonded watching the 2012 title game on 80 Proof's POS 12" rabbit ear telly in the dining room while the rest of the crew watched in the main area.

We were about 2-3 seconds ahead with the telecast so I about got my ass beat a couple times screaming in advance. We were too nervous to really drink anything. I remember Collins Ooookwoooo, Coshik Williams and their guys randomly came in the house mid-game and watched with us. Don't remember the six degrees of separation but I *do* remember 80 cranking up the N* in Paris song as soon as the clock expired. Hysterics ensued. Limestone was surreal. SWAT team was real friendly, took photos with us, the works.

Did I do ^that^ right, Richie?

I was in a walking boot for three weeks after falling down the stairs because I’m an old so I get it, PJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT