ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston/IowaState will be tricky in the S16 and UNC will be a war for the F4, but I like my team.

I think we get the Hall again, which is a perfect 2nd round opponent for a young squad. Won’t overlook them.

Ripped this from RR. This was more in depth than what his ESPN interview was.

Takeaways:

- Cal isn't thrilled but not pissed. I think he believe the UNC #1 seed was a joke but didn't take the bait.

- You can tell he really doesn't like Grant Williams. Did give him the respect of calling him mentally tough but also mocks him for flopping and flailing.

- Says he likes where the team is and just told some guys to do some conditioning. He's not salty AF but recognizes that the silver lining is he has their attention from losing before the tourney. Mentioned it was the best thing to happen to the 2012 team.

- The man can literally spin anything into whatever he wants. Cal's should write books on selling.

- Jerry Tipton still uses a pen and pad. What a luddite.

- Cal's rich neighbor has a trampoline. I thought rich people were typically smarter than that.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Hagans showed me a lot Saturday. Think this kid could be big?

I think Herro is going to be a March Star.

Washington and Johnson are the keys.

Reactions: grantbob
Hagans has to play well in order to beat Carolina (obvious). But White will be out for redemption. Should be a great showdown.

Hate it all you want, but I’m not cool with cavalierly discussing an elite 8 matchup as if it’s a mere formality. We’ve got a lot of basketball to play to get there, and so do they.

Sorry to “go there,” but let’s worry about Abilene Christian first.

I’m still not sure how North Carolina has a better resume than Michigan State, Kentucky or Tennessee, but whatever.

That's because your basketball knowledge rivals that of AOC talking politics, but you both are liberal numbnuts so not surprised.

UNC was the co-reg season champs in the toughest conference.....beat the Zags...beat Duke twice...undefeated on the road in conf play. Only 1 bad loss against Texas

UK/UT didn't win the conference or the tourney and UK lost to Vols twice so that throws them out. Vols were close but not winning either crown put the nail in their coffin. MSU was close but they didn't beat anyone OOC that was worth a damn.

This lesson was free. The next one has a fee. TFP.

Reactions: LiterallyNobody
-Nashville:eek:o_O

*Been 2 years since we've been there, but my goodness, that place has changed. The Mega-Themed Honky Tonks are unbelievable. Shame the place won't have the old dingy nostalgia in just a few years. It's on a Vegas like track. Friday night was a damn zoo.
*Thursday got coaxed into a weird place on Printers Aley, couple guys standing outside inviting people into a weird looking boutique, needing a drink we decided to check it out. Walk through the boutique into the back door and it's a 4 alarm rager night club setup. Complete with an actual band playing dance music rather than a DJ. The chick was amazing.
*That weekend would've been so amazing in the ATL Dome. $5-700 for an SEC Semi, that's silly. Props to the other fan bases, they showed up. Maybe we can salvage this league after all.
*Losing on Saturday seems to have been good for our bracket and my health. Made it acceptable to go back to the room after the game to hydrate and chill. Grabbed a fun dinner with a small crew, couple of night caps with the old Nashville friends and in bed by midnight, hit the state line Sunday before 9am. 100% this morning.

-Bracket

*Losing Columbus and Louisville sucks but overall I like our bracket. Iowa St is up there playing good ball, Houston would be a tough out, but we've beat 4 teams in the region and the one we loss we can fix the 2nd round.
*That KU team isn't meeting us in the E8.
*We got the weakest 1, IMO.
*Wouldn't trade our 2 spot for any other 2 and only Duke's 1. MSU got absolutely hosed. Michigan playing Nevada(a 7?) 2nd Round, shew. UT getting Cincy in Columbus, then either Purdue or Nova(down but a load of NCAAT experience)
*Auburn KU 2nd Rd:eyes:?

-Our buddy, Steve Powell, passed away this weekend. Such a talented guy and for those of you that visited the house he made that really great glass piece for our kitchen area. Centre, Danville and Kentucky lost a good one.

-Weather forecast :sunglasses:

-6 weeks to Derby :smiley:

-F*ck Grant Williams. Don't respect his game at all and it has nothing to do with them winning. I really like Admiral and Bone. He's too talented for that nonsense. Can't realy recall Cal ever calling anyone out like that before, good for him.

Hate it all you want, but I’m not cool with cavalierly discussing an elite 8 matchup as if it’s a mere formality. We’ve got a lot of basketball to play to get there, and so do they.

Sorry to “go there,” but let’s worry about Abilene Christian first.

I’ve never understood this line of thinking with fans. We have zero impact on the game, we can discuss whatever potential matchups we want and it doesn’t make a damn bit of difference.

[laughing]

I'm not sure what is more hysterical: bragging about beating a team that was missing 33% of their offense or invoking someone's politics as if that gives credence to your argument.

Never change, dickweed. As it stands, on one of the best days in CBB, you were in a UK thread to talk smack instead of mouth-hugging the other baby blue losers on their forum. That's putting UL fan behavior to shame.

Is it ok to talk about how awesome it was that 48 year old Furyk almost reached a playoff after barely qualifying for The Players? Or, how great it was that Rahm choked with the Sunday lead and not a single person in golf was upset about that?

It's March so want to be sure it's ok to talk about things other than CBB since there are still 4 days until tip-off and probably a lot of regurgitated takes about that between now and then.

Reactions: Kennedy_UK
Saw Marc Martel (guy who did all the vocals for Bohemian Rhapsody) and the Black Jacket Symphony absolutely crush the Queen show this weekend. One of the best concerts I’ve ever seen. Unreal.

Dinner before at Dudley’s. Been a while since my last visit, they’ve stepped up the menu quite a bit. Loved the tuna tartar and duck breast.

Been on a rum kick since St John, loaded up this weekend. Zacapa XO is my current favorite.

Billions with a nice premier, should be a good season.

Don’t hate our bracket, there can be only one.

UNC Greensboro over Arizona State

Michigan and Michigan State swap regions

Villanova and Marquette swap seeds

^These are the only things I would have done differently.

Best draw for Kentucky since 2015.

What if Kansas doesn't get to play in Kansas City? They aren't exactly putting the fear of God in folks.

Iowa State...tricky.

Who's going to be the coaching hotshot who parlays their tournament performance into a job that they're not quite ready for, aka the John Groce award?

Ian Eagle probably my second favorite play by play guy in the field behind Kevin Harlan. Not a fan of Jim Spanarkel, who is way too forgiving of referees, who are scum, the lot of them. The best play by play guys are paired with the worst color guys this year and vice versa, it seems like, with the exception of Brad Nessler and Steve Lavin.

Matt Norlander's Counting Crows album cover avatar: You may not like it, but this is what peak sports journalist looks like. He is a can of Diet Coke in human form.

Win the championship.

That's because your basketball knowledge rivals that of AOC talking politics, but you both are liberal numbnuts so not surprised.

UNC was the co-reg season champs in the toughest conference.....beat the Zags...beat Duke twice...undefeated on the road in conf play. Only 1 bad loss against Texas

UK/UT didn't win the conference or the tourney and UK lost to Vols twice so that throws them out. Vols were close but not winning either crown put the nail in their coffin. MSU was close but they didn't beat anyone OOC that was worth a damn.

This lesson was free. The next one has a fee. TFP.

If only UK and UNC had played each other this year. hmmmmm. Wonder what would have happened if Zion would have been able to play against UNC this year ? UNC might have been the first 9 loss team to get a 1 seed.

You really do suck at pretty much everything and every subject you post about.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT