ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those so upset about the UNC #1 seed, who do you feel it should have been? Bottom line is that After Duke & UVA, teams 3-7 all had pretty similar arguments, imo. 1/2 seed really makes no difference anyways most of the time, and the only team who got screwed in the end was Sparty.

As Chad has mentioned, UNC has a tougher half of the bracket than us.

UNC fans seem just as excited and braggy about Duke being a 1 seed as they are about their own fraud seeding. That should tell you something about that rivalry.

UNC should be very worried about Auburn. Might catch another 20 point beatdown to an SEC team.

Reactions: Col. Angus
* Looking at a Thursday/Saturday setup in the first weekend, followed by Friday/Sunday the second weekend. Only happened that way twice with Calipari at UK: 2011 and 2012. Final Fours, both.

* Seems like every year the smart sportswriters pick Duke and UNC to play each other in the Final Four, although it's never happened. So of course they're all picking it again this year too. Idiots.

* Not only has a team that shoots as poorly from three as Duke never won a national title, but it's never even been to a Final Four. I'm sure I'll pick them to get there, but they'll be bucking history to do so.

* Thursday at tipoff, I'll be at a 10U softball game. Saturday at tipoff, assuming it's an early game, I'll be on a plane somewhere over the Atlantic on the way to Punta Cana. #blessed

* It's scary how much depends on luck in this tournament. One bad break, one bad matchup, one bad night, one bad call, and you're done. Forever.

* It's also scary how much of my emotional well-being is tied up in how a group of adolescents plays a game.

Last edited:
I have little respect for most “analysts” picks, but there are a few I do. Here’s what they have:

Midwest Predictions-

Dakich- Carolina over UK
Snow- UK over Carolina
DeCourcy- UK over Carolina

- I like Houston quite a bit. Iowa State can be tough too. Not an easy S16.

- Calipari just doesn’t get beat by big time dogs, yet again here you have idiots like Norlander picking Wofford to beat us.

- We’re going to have to beat Carolina. I just don’t see anyone else doing it for us.

- Wife’s alma mater taking on the Jayhawks. Go Huskies.

- Duke’s the deserving favorite but are they good enough to be the biggest favorite in 4 years? I don’t know.

Reactions: Kennedy_UK
I watched every single game of the 1995 SECT and NCAAT at Ozzie Smith's Sports Bar in St. Louis. Every. Single. One.

EXCEPT for the UNC game, which I watched from my apartment so I could be quick on the trigger of hotel rooms, flights, etc. for Seattle.

To this day, I blame myself for that loss. And no one will convince me otherwise.

Ole Leonard will never have a better opportunity.
He would if he had the 8 seed.

I've never seen anybody overachieve as a low seed and underachieve as a high seed like Leonard Hamilton throughout his career. Maybe Dale Brown?

Bilas was all chalk in the E8 as well.

Dauster has UNC over UK, and also has UVA and Duke getting to Minneapolis. His only non-chalk pick was Texas Tech.

Matt Norlander is touching idiot who desperately wants to get way too cute with this shit. UK would beat Wofford by double digits even if they played the game in Wofford’s shit box gym with Doug Shows as the lead official and Tyler Herro with one hand tied behind his back.

I pretty much stopped GAF about sportswriter predictions when some of those dickheads were convincing themselves Cornell was going to beat arguably one of the most athletic teams ever on a CBB court because they're smart kids.

DAN%20SHAUGHNESSY-4760901.jpg

Just look at this New England, chap asshole.

My biggest concern in early round games is overlooking opponents. Seton Hall takes that out of the equation and we skull **** them this time

I've seen countless mentions of "we've already beaten 3 of the best teams in our bracket", ...I don't see that as a good thing, necessarily -- revenge factor in CBB is real.

That said, you have to beat some people. Let's go do that.

-It seems foolish to count out Michigan/Beilein after his recent consistent success, but I feel they're far and away the most likely top seed to get bounced.

I've seen countless mentions of "we've already beaten 3 of the best teams in our bracket", ...I don't see that as a good thing, necessarily -- revenge factor in CBB is real.

That said, you have to beat some people. Let's go do that.

-It seems foolish to count out Michigan/Beilein after his recent consistent success, but I feel they're far and away the most likely top seed to get bounced.

Main reason I was hoping to avoid Carolina.

Other than the close call at Auburn we beat those teams in a way that really doesn't fit the revenge factor. All 3 were methodical wins.

Agreed. The win against Carolina this year was so much different than the win against Carolina in 2017. A gut-wrenching loss to Kentucky was motivation enough. There was nothing to the win this year - just methodically pulling away to win the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT