ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was strange that Pitino said if McGee did these things, then he'd have to forgive him. That would absolutely not be his initial reaction if he truly acted alone.

And when exactly has Rick been forgiving? Strange time start, IMO.

McGee will basically be radioactive forever now. Truthfully, the most terrifying thing for Louisville at this time should be the fact that Andre McGee's career is over and he has one shot at making real money- a tell all book. They better hope he's a loyal soldier and is willing to flush his career for Pitino and Jurich, because if not, he is the person who could cause that place to come crumbling down.

Which is why you cant really make him the 'fall guy' unless some booster sets him up with a nice comfy job somewhere. If he really wanted to be in coaching that career is over, but he will probably come out alright when everything is said and done.

The problem with that approach is that this has been so well documented before anything broke and McGee is so culpable that just linking him to any major booster will prove difficult. There will have to be some degrees of separation to pull that off. Who would want him on their payroll? Almost have to be a private company with no public trading. They leave him high and dry though and they run the risk of him burning them.

I guess you funnel the money through a publisher to set him up through the media rights to his story and then never do anything with it.

Not everyone is going to stay quiet. This is not remotely close to a denial by Rozier. Closer to an admission than a denial, actually.

The Celtics arrived here at about 6 a.m. Eastern time on Saturday, and Rozier told the Globe he was unaware of the book. When the basic accusations were relayed to him, he responded: “When it’s time to answer those questions and deal with that, I will. But right now I’m just trying to take in this moment with these guys out here and have a lot of fun with my teammates. So, like I said, when that time comes to answer that, I will.”

Pretty awesome news to wake up to. Was slammed at work yesterday, came home about 8, dinner, movie, bed. So had no clue til catching up today.

This seems iron-touching-clad. They knew since August? But are very surprised and disheartened?The timing is fairly curious. He's probably right, they had to be negotiating with the publishers. Only explanation.

UK got a multiple year post season ban and vacated a season because an asst coach MAYBE sent $1k to a recruits' dad, and maybe someone took Eric Manuel's test. They stripped away an entire season from Memphis because MAYBE someone took Rose's test. OSU got in (not enough) trouble for some players getting tats for jerseys. UMass lost a season because Camby took money from an agent.

This is locked down evidence of freaking tens of thousand of dollars in stripper sex paid for directly by a UL assistant (without the funds himself) over a 4 year period covering dozens of recruits and players. All of whom should be deemed ineligible retroactively for receiving extra benefits.

If the NCAA has any consistency - and yes I know they don't (hello Ben McLemore), UL loses 3-4 seasons and a title.

In a related story, UKO just started searching for a 5star high school basketball player that will let him become a guardian.

Reactions: drxman1
Some of the funniest lines from Goodman's article:

"Jurich said he has been in contact with Pitino about the allegations.

"We talk all the time. He's my basketball coach," Jurich said. "He wouldn't condone this, either. He has a perfect track record."

PERFECT TRACK RECORD! Yep.

"Cox said he's hired his own investigators -- some of whom are retired FBI agents -- to look into the allegations and so far "we haven't found any evidence to support her allegations."

Ah, the old - "WE BE LOOKING AROUND BUT NOT FINDING ANYTHING!" bullshit. UNC didn't find anything either for years.

I mean, shit, the evidence is all right there. This is about as open and shut as it gets.

These allegations will be easy to prove. I dare say not even the NCAA could F this up (but they might). Not only is all of this cap against NCAA rules, but you're talking criminal conduct as well if these hookers were indeed underage.

Louisville is going down hard. They're nothing but a glorified community college to the NCAA. That banner is absolutely in danger.

Their banner is not in danger. The NCAA had Syracuse dead to rights to take their banner and didn't. Not happening with UNC or UL either. Keeping it will be part of the negotiations with the NCAA.

These allegations will be easy to prove. I dare say not even the NCAA could F this up (but they might). Not only is all of this cap against NCAA rules, but you're talking criminal conduct as well if these hookers were indeed underage.

Louisville is going down hard. They're nothing but a glorified community college to the NCAA. That banner is absolutely in danger.

I think most Kentucky fans are only cautiously optimistic because of all the shit they have seemingly skated on over the years. There's been big scandals (Sypher) and even smaller stuff (car Behanan was driving w/ speeding ticket) that have not hurt them at all.

Switching gears to the other sport for a second, UGA with a nice bed crapping against Alabama today.

You can count on Mark Richt to do two things... Win 9 games and always lose when the eyes of the country are on his teams.

These are dope. All of them.

CQaERPNUwAAvrxZ.jpg

everybody stay safe out there tonight this rivalry has the state split right down the middle per FMAGGARD, also congrats to Anth375 on the happenings in Athens hope you loaded up on that one.

Cats 28-14

Cholly has completely lost it at Texas. Big $$ boosters saying he was never their guy from day one, players tweeting about transferring during touching halftime. Maybe he can get a spot on BOBBY's staff.

Their banner is not in danger. The NCAA had Syracuse dead to rights to take their banner and didn't. Not happening with UNC or UL either. Keeping it will be part of the negotiations with the NCAA.

If the banner is on the table during negotiations, then by definition it is in danger. May not happen, but it's a possibility, and UL fans will have puckered bungholes for the next several months worrying about it.

Didn't touch the game BUT my boy RICHTER with another win and clear path to the playoff and pissed down his leg. He couldn't climb the stairs at Iroquois Park much less Everest. Pussy bitch.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
Didn't touch the game BUT my boy RICHTER with another win and clear path to the playoff and pissed down his leg.

no shit. just needed 8 more regular seasons wins in a row, plus a W in the SEC championship and they were in. totally dropped the ball.

Since EKU gets the ball to start the 2nd, Stoops probably doesn't have much of a choice here to end the half. I'm sure he'd love to take it to the locker room but can't.

Listened to the 1Q on the radio as I was driving home. Freddie Maggard is PAINFUL to listen to. All he does is repeat what Tom says with a little football terminology. He is as painful as it is to watch this first half.

We lose to Eastern and every single player and coach should be lined up and beaten with a stick.

Blows my mind. 12, possibly 13 games a year; that's all you get to play, yet you don't bother to show up for one of the most winnable game of the year.

I will never understand it.

Reactions: _Chase_
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT