ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
--I'm guessing we started out thinking we would go pretty vanilla to start the game, somewhere around the 4th Qtr realized that wasn't going to work, and we finally pulled our chainsaw cawk out...
--I wonder how much Stoops talking about playing Barker during the week led to the team to believe this would be a walk in the park?

I think Stoops is going to have to figure out that what he wants to do offensively doesn't jive with his personnel or his offensive coordinator. We were 10 times more effective going up tempo and pitching it around quickly. It wore the defense down and kept them off-balance, which helped our offensive line. As much as he wants us to be a running team, we're not. The line play just isn't there. He keeps hiring these up-tempo guys and tries to take the air out of the ball. It just doesn't work.

Also, Horton can never touch the ball again if he moves any direction but straight f*cking forward. Dude, you're not Barry Sanders, you're slow, big and tall. Run over people. Don't f*cking stop.

[laughing] @ PTI. I'm going to wear that Mark Richt ass out Monday. You better just pretend like you're busy at work or something. Take the Yolo out for a spin. Read up on Nawlins common law policy. Anything but talk about football. The beat Bama, at home, and they have 1 ranked opponent left until SECCG. Like always they do just enough to almost get there. Except they got steam rolled by Bama.

[roll]@UL hiring hookers for recruits... that they didn't land. They're going to get f*cked for hiring hooker for 4 recruits that played at other schools. [roll] Glorious.

In fairness to Towles, our blocking was pure trash for 3 1/2 quarters.
True. We got ABUSED in the trenches. ABUSED. But he sucked for 1/2 the game. Pure shit. As was our D minus POOP.

God damn, man. You lose that and it suckes the ****ing wind out of everything. The Thursday game, the season, the UL sex scandal. F*cking jesus tap dancing mark stoops. Shew.

BBdk and Tyler split drunky award.... AGAIN. F*ck boys.

Reactions: drxman1 and wcc31
As an educated, rationale adult, I know what I do in the stands has no bearing on the outcome of the game. Nonetheless, having watched our 3rd Q touchdown from the concourse television on the way back from the men's room, when we got down by 2 scores midway through the 4th, I figured what the hell. Walked back down into the concourse and stared at the same television, where we proceeded to score 3 straight TDs to win the game.

Reactions: bradyjames
You also blew G, Sloot's and myself off... UKpointsguy. And we invited you to the renewing of our vowels. Dick.

Ha. You and the baby stroller were making a beeline towards the sanctuary of the loge boxes. I was just trying not to get ran over.

Stoops better than Dorian Bakers ass. I mean he basically saved his career. A loss against EKU and every damn thing falls apart. Everything.

I understand wanting to try some stuff against against EKU or go vanilla but the whole week had a JV feel to it. We played like it for 3.5 quarters.

We basically did not have many guys hurt the first 4 games and guys were hobbling off every other play. I mean we had to use our 2nd string Punter and Kicker. :joy:

Something is just off. EKU is a good D1AA team but not a great one. Not sure they even make the playoffs. I just really don't know what to think right now and glad we have a week off. This team only needs to do up downs during the off week as punishment for this.

I missed the 1Q on tv due to driving, but didn't we start the game in tempo and then Badet had his turnover and the go away from it until the late 4Q? I just don't understand why. In game like this, you take a team like EKU and you put them to bed early by overpowering them with speed, strength, and depth. I still don't get why we went away from it.

^ maybe because EKU was just as big and strong. They had guys that *looked* the part. . . comparatively speaking.

I dreamt last night that UK lost that game and that has put me in a very dark place this morning. The only good thing about that game last night is it produced some classic, in-game Chase rawass.

I blame Boom for being a bitch ass this week and messing with the mojo we had coming out of the Mizzou and bring attention away from the team.

I think, above all, this type of game is a huge confidence builder for us. Showed that they are talented enough on both sides of the ball to be able to just turn it on whenever and take control of the game. They are good enough to not need to play well for most games but when they want to flip the switch- boy lookout!

Corey Johnson :boxing:

19 tackles and the game saving play to end it.

-We came out thinking they would cruise control through this one and EKU came out and hit us in the mouth. They dominated the LOS for most of the game which is highly concerning obviously. Spence is a beast btw.

-That Badet catch was beautiful.

Beat Auburn

ill pre empt you, anth. if you wanna whine about richt, go for it. but saying georgia had a "clear path" to the playoff is insanely stupid. it's like week 4. and one of those games is going on the road to play an undefeated florida squad that just beat the number 3 team in the country by 4 touchdowns. piece of cake. then breeze thru the rest of the sec schedule, AND win the championship game. CLEAR PATH. lol.

They dominated the line by bringing extra rushers damn near every play, having a 5* OSU, future high round NFL draft pick, us calling predictable run plays and Towles uselessness in hitting the quick pass in traffic.

Still, no excuse for playing that shitty

Also, we lead the nation in almost sacks. Probably have somewhere around eleventy gazillion by my count

so glad that games over. as is my redass. it's best just to pretend it never happened. move on.

dude, auburn is a joke. 5-1 going into msu. calling it now. lemme know if anyone wants to split a $300/night room in starkville. eek

Louisville media circling the wagons. Kent Spencer on WLXG in Lexington this morning basically parroting Louisville's talking points. Least shocking development ever.

which Louisville media dickbag was the first to use the "let's let this thing play out" line?

ill pre empt you, anth. if you wanna whine about richt, go for it. but saying georgia had a "clear path" to the playoff is insanely stupid. it's like week 4. and one of those games is going on the road to play an undefeated florida squad that just beat the number 3 team in the country by 4 touchdowns. piece of cake. then breeze thru the rest of the sec schedule, AND win the championship game. CLEAR PATH. lol.
Ok. If you want to do your thing where you take an embellishment from my post and try to twist that as your way out. Fine with me. In terms of SEC teams trying to make the playoffs remaining schedules... their's is pretty tame. You have a real problem understanding relativity.

Regardless your sanctimonious love boy got destroyed at home after being a slight favorite. So they'll have another nice season with as much or more talent than the rest of CFB and arguably the best RB.

which Louisville media dickbag was the first to use the "let's let this thing play out" line?
Crawford is doing it although I will say that is pretty promising because he thinks at minimum McGee paid for strippers for recruits. Lol.

He does bring one good question. How much will UL fight this? What will they admit? Wonder if they'll admit to the provable portion and hope they only get probation, schollies and post season ban. Going to be difficult to do that and prove that some 2013 players weren't involved which is the real issue. They'll do everything to prevent vacated seasons and save jobs.

7. THE BOTTOM LINE. In these situations, there are three kinds of information: Things that are alleged, things you know, things that can be proved.

The first two are good for the gossip press and talk shows. The second kind is good for opinion pieces and the like, but the third is what matters most, especially where the NCAA is concerned.

This book has a lot of the first. It alleges a great many things that, when paired with the circumstantial evidence it presents, looks plausible.

Everyone I see asks me what I think. I think the truth lies somewhere in between likely embellishments in the book and the initial skepticism from U of L coach Rick Pitino and athletic director Tom Jurich.

It’s hard to conclude that some kind of relationship didn’t exist between Powell and McGee. If these text messages are legitimate, at a minimum, he arranged for strippers to entertain U of L basketball recruits.

That’s a problem.

But as I cautioned in my first column on these allegations, this is only the beginning. The process will be long. What happens from here?

U of L will compile its own preliminary report and submit it to the NCAA. It’ll be interesting to see if the school is willing to concede any of the allegations, or fights them entirely across the board. And, it’ll be interesting to see what the response from fans will be if it does find that it must concede some of this.

Is it possible that the majority of this is made up? I suppose. Powell says in the book that she has in mind that one day she will write these things. She appears to have tried to hang onto text messages, and kept a journal toward that end.

If you were taking this to court, you wouldn’t have a whole lot to hang your case on. But the NCAA is a different story, and how much the fan base is willing to accept is different still.

The book is choppy, not particularly well-written and fairly hastily put together. McGee is described as a four-year starter at Louisville, for instance. While he did start games in four seasons, he started less than half the games he played in at U of L, and only two games a sophomore. Small things like that slip through the cracks occasionally, making it appear as if the book was put together in a bit of a hurry. (
This is kind of hilarious that he is using McGee's status as a starter to discredit her)

Every time something like this happens, anymore, some of the first words to cross my mind are "Duke lacrosse." In the end, we're all served by letting every side make its case.

If the publishers failed to dot any i’s or cross any t’s on the factual material, they’re going to have a problem.

But if even just the material that is presented from the text message portions of this book is true, it paints not just an unsavory picture, but an unacceptable picture.

Georgia is below average at QB and WR. And there is no debate as to who is the best RB in the country. Chubb might've no better than third in the SEC.

The most frustrating part of this for me is that if she were making these allegations against Kentucky basketball even the local writers would be trying to dig up as much info as possible to corroborate her story, not working to discredit it.

Reactions: _Chase_
"Let's let this play out" will immediately go by the wayside at the first shred of any exculpatory evidence, circumstantial or otherwise, produced by Louisville or McGee in this matter. That will be treated by the Louisville media as an infallible magic bullet that clearly proves she's just a lying whore looking for a payday. Case dismissed. GO CARDS!

The most frustrating part of this for me is that if she were making these allegations against Kentucky basketball even the local writers would be trying to dig up as much info as possible to corroborate her story, not working to discredit it.
Yeah. Hell as much as I hate them UNC had rivals, active professors, former players and NC media writing about them.

So one thing he did say that's true, the book was garbage and rushed. Which is a little concerning. Was their play to contact UL and extort them with the rights to the book? Then UL decided the cover-up would be worse than them getting out in front and doing damage control? At that point the publisher had to capitalize and drop the ebook. That's certainly what it looks like.

Watching the Stoops show, God that fade to Baker was so close to being the end of the game....Shew....glad we watched that on the deck. Had to juice the vibe. Richie and Adrian came sliding in, started getting it.

As always great times at the tailgate. That smoked chili was WAF.

Congrats on your renewals Anth, check your front porch for a gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT