ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bennett is the ace. Jake is the co-ace. Daly is right behind them. Pretty nasty 1, 2, and 3. All can go the distance. 05 is the catcher.

We built the team around pitching and defense. We gave up 5 runs in the State Tournament. 4 runs in the District.

Reactions: jayroon
What about JUANTON? How'd he do?
Juanton moved away, but he was so good he wouldn't have time for your basic rec league stuff. Travel ball only in those parts.

*Travel ball only is hurting a lot of rec leagues. My kid (and his travel team) still do both. Howeva, you can guarantee Juanton and the Sting ain't playing no rec league. They're ridiculously good (that particular age group anyway - 10U, soon to be 11U).

-Got a buddy who’s son is pretty good and I knew he played St Matthews so I sent him a congrats text.....dude had the same attitude has ^ because his son is travel ball only......what a damn joke.

Congrats ‘73 that’s awesome stuff

-Willy you will hate coaching soccer. You will spend every practice on 1v1 drills that do nothing for a 6 kid pile up because they refuse to also teach the game.....spacing and passing.

-Willy you will hate coaching soccer. You will spend every practice on 1v1 drills that do nothing for a 6 kid pile up because they refuse to also teach the game.....spacing and passing.

I actually helped out a few times last year when the coach was on vacation. I'm just going to be the assistant for my neighbor, who is the head coach.

It's little 5 and 6 yr olds, so it's a lot of fun stuff to (try to) keep their interest. Sharks & Minnows, relay races while dribbling, etc. About half the practice is scrimmaging.

I will like it better than just sitting in a chair watching from the sideline.

Basically, just point them in the right direction, make sure they are having fun and staying hydrated... not much different from my bartending days, really.

Pretty sure Willy, with his soccer star wife as a consultant, can handle it. Stick to not kissing your wife and shit posts, Krazy.

She actually signed me up and is sitting out this year because I criticized* her coaching last year.

*One game I jokingly told her not to be afraid to blow her whistle a little louder so the kids could actually hear it. (The coaches are on the field and also act as the refs at this age).

This obviously stuck with her for an entire year. "This year I get to watch Lea play and YOU can coach since I obviously don't know how to blow the whistle."

So, no matter how much I hate it, I'm going to act like I'm having the best time of my life.

You will spend every practice on 1v1 drills that do nothing for a 6 kid pile up because they refuse to also teach the game.....spacing and passing.

This shit post is why US Soccer effing sucks. Because you think the game is about spacing and passing, orange slices and participation trophies.

False.

The style of the sport played in this country is boring, lacks creativity, and is badly in need of individually skilled players that can create their own offense 1v1, 1v2, etc...

The world's best could work you in a phone booth with a soccer ball. Slack-jawed Krazy Kats over here with his Bike softball shorts and M-frames lecturing us on what effing soccer is about.

K.

I doubt Willy needs a puss boi like you to stand up for him, but it is cute of you.

What are you even taking up for him for? I wasn’t trash talking the guy so F off.

Kids get CTE more often from soccer than they do football, so congrats on being bad parents.

You can teach your kid to mash and make his entire state proud by winning the LLWS, or you can give him CTE. Your choice.

I'm not taking up for anyone.

You're filler, bruh. I'm sick of reading your shit and I'm not gonna have it when roundball rolls around and we're sawing up people. Summer GYERO gave you misguided confidence to POST OFTEN!!@@! but shit has ran its course.

Time to pump the brakes, gaffot.

giphy.gif

-Got a buddy who’s son is pretty good and I knew he played St Matthews so I sent him a congrats text.....dude had the same attitude has ^ because his son is travel ball only......what a damn joke.
Don’t misunderstand - our rec league takes precedence over our travel team. I’m just pointing out most don’t. Especially an organization like the Sting. They laugh at us for playing rec league (mainly because we are a borderline Major team and they think we should go straight travel to take that next step).

I’ve heard lots of coaches and parents make snide remarks at travel tourneys when they find out we also play rec league.

Kids get CTE more often from soccer than they do football, so congrats on being bad parents.

You can teach your kid to mash and make his entire state proud by winning the LLWS, or you can give him CTE. Your choice.

No headers allowed at this age.

But you can be damn sure I'm going to pay BRax and his monsters to come up and teach my girls how to mash the ball all over the field and over the fence as soon as they are old enough to play softball for St. Columban.

Plus, I will pay Maxxxx to roll their bats.

Don’t misunderstand - our rec league takes precedence over our travel team. I’m just pointing out most don’t. Especially an organization like the Sting. They laugh at us for playing rec league (mainly because we are a borderline Major team and they think we should go straight travel to take that next step).

I’ve heard lots of coaches and parents make snide remarks at travel tourneys when they find out we also play rec league.

Count me in a pro rec league (little league) just for the community aspect. Winning a Little League or Cal Ripken district, state or regional title means more than some random tournament in Noblesville, Indiana, Branson, Missouri or god forsaken Nicholasville. Harris' kid last year and '73's kid this year will remember winning a state Little League title the rest of their lives.

I've been on both sides of it. The Little League tournament games were far more intense and meant more.

Also, based on being an internet and social media influencer like I am, seems to me EVERY travel/club team is out there winning tournaments/shootouts/classics etc. every weekend. Seems like that’s more of the participation trophy culture nowadays.

Are there any awful travel/club teams? If there are I guess their parents have the decency not to post on social media.

EVERY travel/club team is out there winning tournaments/shootouts/classics etc. every weekend. Seems like that’s more of the participation trophy culture nowadays.

Every podunk town in Kentucky with a park with multiple baseball/softball fields has tournaments every weekend. Total money grab. $5/person for 2 days. People have jobs just renting out ballparks and hosting tournaments every weekend and make a shit ton of money.

Reactions: cat_chaser
My wife enrolled my kid in soccer last spring, just before his birthday, so we had to join a program that took kids under three and it was in Forest Park - about 40 minutes from my house.

It started one week before his birthday which would make him eligible for our neighborhood program, so it was definitely worth it for the head start it afforded him.

One of the weeks he puked in his car seat when I was a few minutes from the place, so I turned around and drove all the way home to contain the puke in his car seat. I called my wife to tell her we were coming in hot and she ordered a new car seat cover and straps before we made it home.

Sports!

Reactions: anthonys735
Travel sports are the absolute worst. A plague on our society, really. Kaydyn is not going to be an MLB player no matter how many hours you spend in the batting cage or driving to Shittersville, Ohio for a premier tournament.

Can't forget to drop at least $500 on personalized batting gloves, cleats, and bat bag. :rolleyes:

Count me in a pro rec league (little league) just for the community aspect. Winning a Little League or Cal Ripken district, state or regional title means more than some random tournament in Noblesville, Indiana, Branson, Missouri or god forsaken Nicholasville. Harris' kid last year and '73's kid this year will remember winning a state Little League title the rest of their lives.

I've been on both sides of it. The Little League tournament games were far more intense and meant more.
Exactly. Last year my kid pitched the 9U state title game (they won and he came out after 5 complete innings up 7-1) and he can almost recount each batter he faced in that game. Now he loves travel ball, too, but knows win or lose they'll just play in another tourney in a weekend or 2.

His team lost in the state semifinals this year and he was devastated. He loses in a travel tourney he just wants to go out to eat with his teammates and cut up.

My kid plays 9U travel ball with kids that are all in the same school and they are about .500 on the year. He has fun with his friends and enjoys the game and blue raspberry slushes between games. I doubt he ever plays high school baseball. The end.

My kid plays 9U travel ball with kids that are all in the same school and they are about .500 on the year. He has fun with his friends and enjoys the game and blue raspberry slushes between games. I doubt he ever plays high school baseball. The end.
You've failed as a parent imo

He could do that in rec ball and support his community. Those fields don't just appear out of nowhere. Municipal funds, parks and rec., etc. But whatever...

Reactions: Joey Rupption
At what point do 99% of parents reflect back on all that time, money, and effort wasted on their kids once blossoming athletic career than never materialized into professional millions and think....

…..wow. That was stupid.

Later in life? 60s? When their kids are full grown? Never??

At what point do 99% of parents reflect back on all that time, money, and effort wasted on their kids once blossoming athletic career than never materialized into professional millions and think....

…..wow. That was stupid.

Later in life? 60s? When their kids are full grown? Never??
Honestly, it's more for college scholarships for most parents, I think. Still a pipe dream but less of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT