ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
screen-shot-2018-07-26-at-12-17-08-pm.jpg

Loved him in Shawshank redemption and Driving Mrs Daisy

Reactions: Col. Angus
Yes he did. He always would get walks, or HBP, or ground outs/pop outs. But never a "real" hit. And he got close many many times. When it finally happened for him...not sure if I've ever seen a happier kid.

That's awesome and brings up a funny memory: not sure how they do it today, but when I was in Little League we had ages 9-12 on our team - so you spent four years on the same team with the 12-year old's graduating to Pony league and a new set of 9-year old's coming in each year.

During my 11-year old year near the end of the season, our coach gave the game ball to this 12-year old for getting his first real hit over the 4 years of playing on our team. The kid wasn't some completely uncoordinated geek; he was the class clown of the team - always cutting jokes and everybody loved him - but obviously not a good player. The coach made a big deal about his hit, and the kid was really happy. The rest of us, however, were just kind of looking around at each other incredulously. It was half "wait a second, your batting average is .000?" and half "I honestly don't recall you sucking this bad".

Why does Independence, KS have a community college and why does that college have an athletics department and why does that department have a football team?

I mean I’m 4 episodes in and from what I can tell the art class is the best thing going there.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
The Cubs arent giving up much in terms of prospects/money for an established pitcher, who has pitched much better away from Arlington, and could be rejuvenated after being injected into a playoff race. Regardless, he has to be better than Chatwood. That guy sucks.

I’ll tell you who deserves ALL the pumps — Division 2/3/NAIA athlete who brags about getting a scholarship.

Of course you got a scholarship, dick. EVERYONE gets a scholarship. Your school costs $59,000/year, and they throw you a tiny bone to make your ignorant ass feel special.

“I just won a free vacation I just have to sit thru this presentation guy” and “I just won a free happy hour at Have a Nice Day Cafe Guy” thinks you’re an idiot.

Definitely one of your more ignorant posts, and that is saying something.

Nope. Sticking with Apple, Google and Amazon.

Could be a bad move but I have a feeling that FB user data has been rigged. And very few young people are using it. They own Insta but that could lose favor to the next big thing.
I also avoid stocks that have an element of risk.

Perhaps the #1 most annoying thing about women is how GD petrified they are to offend one of their other little hens over false obligations.

How many times have I heard my lass say, “I really wish I didn’t have to go to so-and-so tonight.”

Umm, it’s a night out. If you don’t want to go, don’t go.

“But so-and-so will get mad at me. We made these plans on Wednesday.”

Perhaps the #1 most annoying thing about women is how GD petrified they are to offend one of their other little hens over false obligations.

How many times have I heard my lass say, “I really wish I didn’t have to go to so-and-so tonight.”

Umm, it’s a night out. If you don’t want to go, don’t go.

“But so-and-so will get mad at me. We made these plans on Wednesday.”
This is good GYERO

I have to go to a pool party with a group of complete strangers tomorrow on a beautiful Saturday, complete strangers to both me and my wife. The people that invited us have a nanny that is friends with our nanny and have invited us to things before for some reason and we always say no so my wife feels obligated to go so we don’t seem rude. :flush: I seriously want to kill her.

Reactions: wcc31
I swear I read that as "I have to go to a pool party with a group of complete swingers..." Really changed the tenor of that post tbh

Two morning tidbits from the Oval Office....Economy roaring and remains of the fallen coming home from North Korea.

Suck it libs.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Did she give you the, "you can stay home... I swear I won't be mad"?

Oh yeah. When you hear this, you must understand it’s a trap.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, feigns being offended quite like a newlywed wife.

“You really don’t want to go?”

“You know, it would be nice if just for once, you...”

“Well then I guess I’ll just stay home too.”
(Spends rest of weekend purposefully finding projects to do, walking in front of the tv during the game, and inventing new ways to not speak to you.)

Reactions: drxman1
I have to go to a pool party with a group of complete strangers tomorrow on a beautiful Saturday, complete strangers to both me and my wife. The people that invited us have a nanny that is friends with our nanny and have invited us to things before for some reason and we always say no so my wife feels obligated to go so we don’t seem rude. :flush: I seriously want to kill her.
Sometimes you have to draw a line in the sand.

Ron, reclaim your Saturday.

Last edited:
This feels like something that ends with you getting an unsolicited fur coat.

-Was specifically asked by both of my girls NOT to coach them in any sport. Gladly obliged.

-Happy National Chicken Tenders Day to Chad.

-Really thought this was gonna be one of those cut-and-dry recruiting classes for Cal: Wiseman, Maxey, another big, Brooks, and either Lewis or Antoine. Curious to see if all these new names in the mix are legit options, or if they're his way of pressing the issue with some of the kids who have had offers for a while. Worried that Jeffries and Whitney might squeeze out Allen, unless they're looking at him more as a 2.

-Can't wait for the Red Sox or Yankees to get Bryce Harper this weekend.

-Gus' was supposed to open in Lexington last Fall. Tired of waiting.

-I was genuinely bummed when I finished the original version of TPB. Takes a bit to "Get" it but man it's amazing.

-Hamels has always been a douche. Should fit in nicely on the bandwagon instafans.

-Going to suck Monday with no weekday morning sports viewing. Giro, World Cup, Wimbledon, The Open, TDF. Damn.

-Checking the Omni pool out this weekend. Looks kinda dope.

I’ll tell you who deserves ALL the pumps — Division 2/3/NAIA athlete who brags about getting a scholarship.
a

Ha. What? That’s a ludicrous take.

I’ve played pick up ball with a few former D3 and NAIA fellas. You’d be blown away how good they are. Like the best player on the court by a wide margin.

Mark Krebs was a D3 level talent. We picked him up a few years back in a church league that had some fairly decent former high school players. The dude shows up for our first game. Two dribbles past mid court... Splash. Over and over and over. Drove the brothers absolutely nuts.

Go and try to play with some fomer players from Georgetown College. They’re insanely good.

An assistant at Bellarmine plays with us on Wednesday nights. He’s in early 40’s and now out of shape. He played some D2 and some pro ball in Australia. It’s ridiculous how good he is.

I didn't read it like he was saying those guys couldn't play... I took it that he was bashing the "here's a $10K 'scholarship' toward your $50K in tuition and fees" and arguing the value of it all.

I hope that's the case, anyway, as there are definitely some skilled athletes at those levels.

Baseball guy is the worst.

There were jagoffs from my high school that went to St. Catherines just so they can play baseball past college. All of them think they had a chance to at least play minor league ball somewhere.

98% of baseball guy
A. Played HS ball and turned down scholarships per him but probably could have played minor league ball.

or

B. Played HS ball, went to shitty college with a partial ride or a DI team just to play ball...probably could have played minor league ball.

A&B likely play softball

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT