ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
The settlement is clearly designed to keep him around the school and appease the TOM OR IM OUT folks.

I'm sure VINCE will love having the bastard looking over his shoulder all the time... and just wait until his first Kragthorpe. Phil Fulmer would blush at that opportunity.

-You gonna try and qualify for Barbasol, Fields?

lol

Jokes aside, there is NOTHING harder in professional golf than trying to Monday qualify for a PGA Tour event. For Barbasol, it'll probably take 68 or better, most likely, for an Am or Pro with no status to make it out of the pre-qualifier to even get in to the Monday qualifier field filled with Web.com and higher-level mini-tour guys, then a 65 or so at Keene Run to actually make the field.

Most weeks, a Web.com guy who's low on the money list will try to Monday in to a Tour event, then when they don't make it, they'll drive overnight from the Tour stop to the Web event, get a couple practice rounds in, and play Thursday-Sunday (if they're lucky), then drive from there back to the next Tour event to start the whole process over. It's not surprising so many guys burn out quickly.

When I was younger, I used to think mini-tour life would be kind of fun, but now I realize that unless you're a fully exempt player on the PGA Tour with the money to travel comfortably and take a few weeks off throughout the year to rest, it's a pretty brutal way to try to make a living.

I thought I heard it would be at KR, but that was a while ago. 65 won't make it at Boone's Trace, if that's the case. Those guys can reach every par 5 with an iron, drive a couple of par 4s, and will have wedge or less in on the rest of the par 4s. They'll shred it.

Reactions: cawoodsct
I thought I heard it would be at KR, but that was a while ago. 65 won't make it at Boone's Trace, if that's the case. Those guys can reach every par 5 with an iron, drive a couple of par 4s, and will have wedge or less in on the rest of the par 4s. They'll shred it.

They are already letting the rough thicken/grow, along w/ certain areas that will not be mowed (heather-like) #13 likely to be a par 4 for this as well. Will be set up very well, and the super there feels as if a 64 will be the mark. Big hitters still need to be careful of OB on half a dozen holes where they can let it loose. Should be a fun round to watch.

The Summit (now The Pearl :rolleyes:) hosted the pro-am for the Victoria National Web.com event. A guy who was an alternate in the event won the pro-am with a -10 62. Had never seen the course before, has made like $1,600 for the year, and the course was set about as long as they could get it at 6950.

Our course isn’t the most difficult course in the world, but it’s not a complete joke either. It’s just obscene how good those guys are, even the ones who are never going to sniff the PGA tour.

It happened before I joined. My understanding is the new owner wanted to be able to have the website as TPC Owensboro, which, if true, is simply the dumbest idea in the history of the world. I still can’t bring my self to call it The Pearl, and likely never will. It’s embarrassing to be honest.

Ha, it does. Who comes up with this stuff?
It turned around so quickly I think it’s an intentional layer to it.

Or this is what Beavis and Butthead IRL do these days- sync videos to catchy pop songs until they get a hit.

Either way I appreciate the art.

I don’t know who comes up with it, but if you were more studious in your Twitterfolllwship of GYERO’s resident tastemaker you would’ve seen that clip five days ago. smdh

It definitely feels like a honeypot.

Did tfields just say he thought slumming it around the mini-tours seemed like it would be fun at some point in his life?

Dude.

Don't see the issue. Most all great golfers ponder chasing their dream at some point...knowing full well the chances are slim. Lots of those dudes get sponsors and give it a go, we knew several who did that...and if/when it doesn't work they begin 'real life'. The ones that do make it get to play golf for a living until they retire. Seems like a good gamble to me if you think you have the game.

PTI(pti) poking fun at someone for their idea of fun is pretty ironic, btw.

Last edited:
Really messed up at work this time gang. 2 dudes come into the bar about 20 before close to eat :rolleyes:. Guys asks me to describe the chicken sandwich....ummm okay. It’s grilled chicken between a bun with lettuce tomato and onion(you know exactly what the menu says if he bothered to read it).

He says what else? I said have you had a chicken sandwich before? He replies yes and I say that’s it man, it’s just a chicken sandwich. They order eat and bolt leaving a 15 cent tip (which is fine with me I’m just ready to leave).

Well apparently that guy slept on it and woke up the next day deciding he needed something down about my terrible chicken sandwich description. Talks to the GM for 10 MINUTES about this chicken sandwich and how I suck at describing it. GM apologizes and hopes he comes back.

GM comes and asks me about it, I confirm all details and we have a chuckle about the absurdity of the whole thing. The best part was the guy made sure to let the GM that he is in fact THE BASSIST FOR BLUE OYSTER CULT!!!!! Before you fall down reading that and how crazy it is that I slang beer for rock and roll royalty, he was in fact that guy because they were playing in town the following day.

Just found it hilarious that someone could be so mad about a chicken sandwich description to take ten minutes out of their day to call back.

Also, that he made sure to drop Blue Oyster Cult like anyone gives half a touch about those guys at this point.

Also, that people think that calling the restaurant the next day does anything. You’re not actually getting anyone in trouble, ever, at least not a long tenured good quality employee. We’re going to apologize, have a sit down with said employee yada yada when in reality we’re making fun of you caring that much about a $12 chicken sandwich you ate at 1045pm.

Reactions: ace on the river
I obviously didn’t, Doc. I just hope he had enough sustenance from he chicken sandwich to get through one more performance of that song.

Not doing the cop thing fella, chase made sure of that.

Chasing their dreams makes sense, but I’ve never thought of mini tour life as being appealing in any way. Stressful, nerve wracking, overworked and underpaid. Shitty hotels, losing money, driving all over gods creation....

Really messed up at work this time gang. 2 dudes come into the bar about 20 before close to eat :rolleyes:. Guys asks me to describe the chicken sandwich....ummm okay. It’s grilled chicken between a bun with lettuce tomato and onion(you know exactly what the menu says if he bothered to read it).

He says what else? I said have you had a chicken sandwich before? He replies yes and I say that’s it man, it’s just a chicken sandwich. They order eat and bolt leaving a 15 cent tip (which is fine with me I’m just ready to leave).

Well apparently that guy slept on it and woke up the next day deciding he needed something down about my terrible chicken sandwich description. Talks to the GM for 10 MINUTES about this chicken sandwich and how I suck at describing it. GM apologizes and hopes he comes back.

GM comes and asks me about it, I confirm all details and we have a chuckle about the absurdity of the whole thing. The best part was the guy made sure to let the GM that he is in fact THE BASSIST FOR BLUE OYSTER CULT!!!!! Before you fall down reading that and how crazy it is that I slang beer for rock and roll royalty, he was in fact that guy because they were playing in town the following day.

Just found it hilarious that someone could be so mad about a chicken sandwich description to take ten minutes out of their day to call back.

Also, that he made sure to drop Blue Oyster Cult like anyone gives half a touch about those guys at this point.

Also, that people think that calling the restaurant the next day does anything. You’re not actually getting anyone in trouble, ever, at least not a long tenured good quality employee. We’re going to apologize, have a sit down with said employee yada yada when in reality we’re making fun of you caring that much about a $12 chicken sandwich you ate at 1045pm.
Just found out the rod busters installed some dowels incorrectly in a location that was indicated as a fall protection gaurd rail. Turns out it will be nicer as a masonry knee wall for all involved as the mason will be over there anyway. Whew.

/SimilairlyInterestingWorkStories,Man

Reactions: roguemocha
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT