ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a child I was tested for dyslexia and thought I’d mess with my teachers/parents by learning the abc’s backwards.

Still to this day I can do this in about 10 seconds or less.

I work at multiple bars. Tats is open til 4am every night, no food.

This was another one that closes at 11. It’s a restaurant and bar, not on Duval so no need to be open that late, nor do we want that crowd.

I work at multiple bars. Tats is open til 4am every night, no food.

This was another one that closes at 11. It’s a restaurant and bar, not on Duval so no need to be open that late, nor do we want that crowd.
tenor.gif

Lexington Catholic HS Lacrosse won the state championship tonight in their division. We beat Henry Clay after losing to Henry Clay in the state championship game the past 2 years, both in sudden death overtime. This was finally LC's year. My son is a sophomore and got significant playing time. This is not B-Rax kids killing it level, and I'm not bragging, just very happy.

I post this because tonight compares only to 4 other nights in my life - 1978, 1996, 1998 and 2012. Great feeling. Proud dad.

How many divisions are there for lacrosse? Two? More than that?

Edit: Never mind. I looked it up online. There are two 'divisions,' one for Louisville area schools and one for all others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Century Cat
- Feeling grateful AF after the past 2 days of hard work and dedication by my whole family to get the house my dad Co-signed to help me get 12 years, ready to list.

Got married while living here, had 3 kids, and really found some direction in life.

- Popeye’s opened in Fern Creek, strategically on a Sunday with CFA across the street, and really hit the ground running with no waits as they were staffed properly. Happy for the owner that was on site too as I got to know him a little during the project.

- The house I posted last week sold already.

- 3 weeks away from St Augustine family vacation. Taking up four 3BR condos for the week with the biggest committed gathering to date. Should be a total shit show, but I scheduled a surprise 2 day/1 night get a way to Universal Studios to get a break.

- Props to Amir Garret. Confronting Baez who pump faked twice like he was going to swing a bat at Garret, and nothing happened. One of the few times I’ve been embarrassed as a cub fan.

Reactions: funKYcat75
Meanwhile in the 'didn't see that coming' Dept, Jared Lorenzen is the back story to tonight's episode of Inside West Coast Custom's build of a mobile gym trailer for a celeb personal trainer... (1st aired in March apparently)

Randos

-So the Bat Cats everyone goes ape about every week are the #10 Seed in the SEC Tournament? Lol. Sounds like another Kentucky sports team I know.

-45 holes this weekend, felt like mid summer. Won't complain at this point as long as it's not raining every day.

-New putter (Spider Tour). Love it, but when did putters start costing $300? Golf clubs are out of control, one can easily drop a G on just a Putter and Driver these days. .

-I can't help but find it funny that white ginger Donte DiVencenzo had a higher vertical than Hami...while also being (arguably) the best shooter available.

-A game 3 ML Parlay or Teaser w/ Cavs & Warriors was as free as money gets.

-Pool opens this weekend! :fire: Good thing I'll be spending 4 days in Cincy watching some grumpy asshole I care little about get married.

-Organic Grass Fed beef SUCKS. Of course, I knew this already, but some little cutie working Fox Hollow Farms booth at the St. Matts farmers market convinced me on a couple of her strips. I've had more flavor out of a Laura's Lean Beef Top Sirloin. Awful.

-How annoying a person's face is goes a long way with me in sports, but particularly golf. This Aaron Wise kid has an extremely hateable one. Serious talent though.

-Immanuel Quickley seems to have been written off by many, but I have a sneaky feeling he's going to be surprisingly good. He & Hagans are a perfect change of pace w/ completely opposite games.

-Not much new info, but damn 60 Minutes destroyed Mario Batali last night (and Ken Friedman). What a creep. Imagine he was thinking things were about to blow over, and he gets hit with that. Apparently it has even sparked a new criminal investigation.

-Short week, then party time [cheers]

It's been so long since I've been to a wedding that I've completely forgotten invitee protocol. Do attendees still purchase home goods gifts for the bride and groom via an online registry?

Didn't even cross my mind until the other day.

It's been so long since I've been to a wedding that I've completely forgotten invitee protocol. Do attendees still purchase home goods gifts for the bride and groom via an online registry?

Didn't even cross my mind until the other day.
Yeah, but you’ve got a year. Let it percolate some more, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT