ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old boy has really stepped his game up lately.

I like people who use the medium to improve my experience and, by gawd, he does. Again, I say that with gritted teeth and this is in no way an endorsement of KL as a human.

Say it ain’t so :cry:

Damnit, I really enjoyed talking with him.

RIP bear, hope you are enjoying some fine vino in the sky.

Man...He seemed like a big ole teddy bear. He was so cool with sharing his behind the scene stories regarding working in the Nuggets’ front office and the relationships he had with some well known NBA players & coaches. RIP.

It's all terrible, bit do we need to call them survivors? I mean, did any of them die?

I get it. We all have to be the mostmoutraged anyone has ever been outraged because omg metoo, and anything other than the most outrage that anyone has ever outraged, have I mentioned it was a horrible thing they went through. But it's a bit silly to act like they survived a war, maybe a war against fingerbang child rape by creepy old men.

Also, there is zero doubt in my mind that dude is going to get what he's got coming in prison.

RIP Bret

bret_bearup5.jpg

Hitting me hard. I didn't get to meet him the way you guys did, but he and I talked regularly on Facebook. He had made a lot of changes to his life, just like me, and to hear that he's gone at 56....man.

It doesn't help that tomorrow is my brother's first birthday since his passing. Would've been 40. So I'm already kind of all over the place. And to add this....not ideal.

Life is a vapor.

^ 3 doubles and a quintuple (9) on his last 5 holes - sounds like something silly happened, b/c he can break 80 on that track with 4 clubs.

I do enjoy when great golfers play terrible sometimes though, makes me feel better.

I was plugging along ok for a guy who's played 4 times all year against a field of mini-tour pros, but I just completely lost my golf swing down the stretch. Snapped one into the weeds on 14. Cold topped it off 16 into the hazard, snapped another one into the hazard, and by the time I got it into the fairway, I cold topped it from there too. Felt like an out of body experience. Flared it into the pond off #17 after all that mess too. I've been hitting balls with some regularity, but the game obviously isn't tournament ready just yet.

Played with the guy who medaled. Smoothest round of golf I've ever seen. He hardly hit an approach shot all day that wasn't right at the flag. He could have scared Teater's course record (61) if his putter would have been red hot. 65 was about the worst he could have shot.

Aaron Yarmuth- :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back to catching up on GYERO...

* Truth be told, BretB was a GYERO Man if there ever was one. World traveler, wine connoisseur and entrepreneur, well connected in the world of sports and celebrity, and shamelessly, completely unapologetic in his humblebragging approach to social media posting. RIP, Bear.

* Weekend plans....

- Tchoupitoulas Barathon tonight. 6pm. 6 mile run with 6 bar stops and 6 beers. The very loosely coordinated race has a field of over 500 runners, and has been around for almost 40 years. Extremely competitive field, and a true New Orleans institution. My goal is to do it in about a 7:15-7:30 pace, including brewskies.

- Lady friend and I are planning "sexy date night." Not exactly sure what that's gonna lead us into, but likely a trip to Hustler, some choking, restraining devices, lubricant, and such. True romance, imo. :fire::boom:

- Clark Creek for some waterfalls and elevation running training on Sunday with my hipster bearded friend Zack. Dude is a teacher, and his class is......urban farming. That's it. Freaking hipsters, man..

* Haven't even turned on my television since Sunday. Feels great.

* You know who doesn't get the respect the deserves?? Danny Ainge. Who's been a better executive in the NBA the last 25 years? RC Buford in San Antonio (although I'm not sure exactly where Pop's job ends and his begins)? Pat Riley?

Ainge has absolutely crushed his competition on nearly every trade he's ever made. It's amazing.

* #8 pick in the NBA Draft --> the last one to become an All Star was that loveable alcoholic Vin Baker. #cursed

* wcc gets married next week. :scream::scream::scream:

The endless Twitter tributes are something -- seemed loved by just about everyone he came across (which is basically everyone in sports), and always had time for everyone. "Larger than life", "relentless learner", "wickedly smart", "a true character" Same words over and over. So sad. :cry:

Social media makes deaths especially weird. One minute you're reading a post from that person, and the next they're just gone.

-When is #LivePD coming back to Jeff/Clark? Let's go.

-Big baller rogue has a Hamilton Beach blender. That's pathetic, step it up.

-O/U on work today. We'll call it 2pm.

-wcc been given any warnings about alcohol consumption on wedding day?

-You gonna try and qualify for Barbasol, Fields? Anth, you got the hookup or what? You need a corporate tent fa'sho.

-Wright has forever been bacon GOAT. There is no close 2nd.

Reactions: jayroon
Bearup sent me some Facebook messages in the past. That dude was so connected in basketball circles. Dude knew some crazy stuff about the real goings on in the world of hoops.

Won tickets through the Hamilton lottery to see the show on Broadway tomorrow...just got a call and I have a meeting I have to attend in GD Bridgeport (worst city in CT) at the same time. Weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT