ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Zion or Manny Q the exciting bball news?
Quickley announcing Friday. I have a soft spot for the kids who announce early and it's usually a poorly kept secret that they love Kentucky. Guys like MKG and Karl Towns. Especially for a point guard, it's exciting to know a specific kid has been a wildcat in his mind from day one. Come on down, Q.

Quickley announcing Friday. I have a soft spot for the kids who announce early and it's usually a poorly kept secret that they love Kentucky. Guys like MKG and Karl Towns. Especially for a point guard, it's exciting to know a specific kid has been a wildcat in his mind from day one. Come on down, Q.

Love a PG who can knock down a 3.

Just completed the move from Newport to Fort Thomas. Will miss the authenticity of Newport and the beautiful 1895 home we painstakingly rehabbed over 9 years.

Now this CovCath Colonel will have to find a way to deal with all these Highlands cake eater assholes for the rest of his life.

Good place to raise kids and whatnot, I guess.

Certainly better than any bullshit enclaves of Lexington or Louisville. Best of fortune to you in your third/fourth tier cities.

Reactions: maneal4 and wcc31
Just completed the move from Newport to Fort Thomas. Will miss the authenticity of Newport and the beautiful 1895 home we painstakingly rehabbed over 9 years.
Congrats on the move! Here's a fun idea: You should leave your laptop at your old house for the new owners as a housewarming gift. Could be fun to unplug and reconnect with the family for awhile. I don't know. Just do it though.

Welcome to the “City of Beautiful Homes,” Wynn.

Heads-up, the coffee at the “Top This Donut Bar” sucks.

The lady who recognized my wife at figure skating practice put it best, “It’s the weirdest place you’ll ever live. It’s like Mayberry on acid.” Godspeed.

Reactions: WynnDuffy
NCAA passed a rule that outside of the 3:30 CBS matchup all other marquee games of the week must kickoff between 7-8 on Saturday.

The only thing better than a paid off vehicle is a company car with unlimited personal mileage usage. Gas, maintenance, tires, oil changes, etc. all covered.

Counterpoint: chevy equinox

Reactions: Hankshaker
The f'n NFL killed the ratings, and to hell it went.
Except that's not what happened at all. Thursday has always been a mixture of Power 5 and Group of 5 games. You have Texas/Iowa State and Louisville/NC State coming up.

The NFL Thursday ratings were so bad they had to promise to have some good games on. The NFL Thursday night schedule us much stronger this year compared to last year.

The Thursday night NFL game has been the #1 watched show on Thursday's this year, and even though the numbers were lower than Sunday's last year the NFL game still led Thursday night television ratings last year too.

Before 2014 the college game was must watch every week, and to prove your point you mention Texas/ISU and UL/NC State........ which proves my point, IMO.

The Thursday night NFL game has been the #1 watched show on Thursday's this year, and even though the numbers were lower than Sunday's last year the NFL game still led Thursday night television ratings last year too.

Before 2014 the college game was must watch every week, and to prove your point you mention Texas/ISU and UL/NC State........ which proves my point, IMO.
Ok you win. By the way.....2013 Thursday night schedule:

Week 6 - Texas @ Iowa State
Week 7 - Rutgers @ Louisville

Was a nice feeling paying off the Porsche, 15k Miles.

Imagine the SeaRay will feel even better.

Cats 24 Gators 21

Reactions: cawoodsct
Probably the biggest unintentional ROI on any "toy" in the 73 household was for a pair of ski goggles that I bought in the mid 90s for like $30. My kids think those things are the greatest. I bet wore them like 6 or 7 times total. My kids wear them almost daily during their gun fights and battles. Who knew??? Something like this...

16BOLUVLTBLKGRFTCSSP_Black_Graffiti_Citrus

On a similar note, the fancy stuffed animals you buy them as children for specific purposes never really catch on. Instead, it's the raggedy old dog or duck or bear that looks out of place. The kids always go for those...

05 - He got a red/white dog when he was in the hospital on Valentine's Day when he was 2. The dog is named Cupid. Thing has never left his bed. And I bet it's been washed a million times.
07 - He got a blue/yellow duck blanket for his first birthday. Thing has never left his bed. His quack quack blanket.
08 - Not sure when he got this raggedy looking yellow duck, but likewise, the thing has never left his bed. Duckie Momo.

Other unintentional things my kids enjoy...

- Boxes. Boxes are amazing. Especially if a toy came out of the box. The box is arguably more exciting than the toy.
- Paper. Plain white paper. Kids can do amazing things with plain white paper. Just give them 10-15 sheets, and let them go.

Oh, they are addicted to video games. And Legos are still fun, if it's an exceptional set, like the Saturn V Rocket (which is pretty dope I might add). Basically, dad has to be impressed with the set to purchase.

images

But when they play with a box for like an hour, and think it's the greatest thing on the planet...makes me feel a lot better. B/c I think they play their phones/tablets/XBox way too much. Then again, I'm dominating Madden 18 online mode right now, so I shouldn't talk.

-my mom died 2 weeks before segunda was born...twas expected and while she was at hospice at st. Joe she had my sister grab a few stuffed animals from the gift shop. She chose a little blue bear for segunda. She is a tough kid but she doesnt sleep without bluebear.

-bringing segunda to the game sat. Her first cats game was the roark game vs Tennessee. She has a winning sec record...its going to improve Saturday.

-anxiously awaiting more Erlanger smack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT