ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday Shorts:

-Le Moo ([eyeroll]) last night. Cool space, nice vibe, good albeit overpriced steak. Not much sear to speak of tho. Prime aged filet w/ marrow bones for dad. Overall, place just seems forced #notube.

Nice try, but I won't be back there on my own dime anytime soon.

-What time is everyone getting to Lexington Saturday? 5:15, Richie?

-Can always tell when SAE is having himself some SAE time by his Twitter posts.

-Over the past year, really starting to see my doggies age. Kinda happened just like that, really. :cry:

-Dana Perino has REALLY stepped up her game this year. #worship

-80 Proof's jambalaya remains the best I've had since Jozo's :100points:

-Cubbies and Brewers played what felt like a playoff game last night in Milwaukee. Lot of late swings- but the one thing that was consistent is the Brewer Superfan and former OJ houseguest, Kato Kaelin- is the best follow on twitter when his team is imploding. Chumps doesnt even come close (yes Chumps does, though). Some of my favorites:

Also the fact that you all play video games.

I refuse to get smoked by my kids at games I grew up with. No way. Not going to happen.

Overwatch...Minecraft...etc...they can dominate all they want. But Madden NBA FIFA....sorry kids....dad is going to rule.

tumblr_lqozuvBWrM1qk89yro1_500.jpg

* My heart says Cats by 11. But my bald head has seen this too many times (30 in a row to be exact)... Gators 35 Cats 17. Go heart!

* Been working like a mad man. Worked until 4am, 2:30am, and 4x past 10:00 in the last 2 weeks. Threw in a 5 hour shift on Sunday for good measure.

I do get treated to Jeff Ruby dinner the night before the board meeting next week. #NotAPorscheOrABoatButWhyWeDoThis

* Since I've been working late every night, our grass has grown to an embarrassing length. Lush. I have to cut it tonight, man.

* Wish I was going to be there tomorrow. Instead I'll be at a winery celebrating one of my friend's wife's 40th birthday!!! Yeah me.
They are streaming the game to some sort of projector for the menfolk while the hens peck and peep away. Touch me.

* Family Oktoberfest this weekend. I'm not making goetta balls this year. What?!@?! Going with reuben egg rolls instead.

* 2 soccer games/matches/contests on tap for tomorrow morning. The first time in 3 weeks the girls haven't played at the same time. The 5-yr old has been on fire as of late. 5, 4 and 9 goals the last 3 games.

They are moving her up this week. For a brief couple of moments, every time she scores, I get to experience what I imagine it is like to be BRax. Pretty damn awesome, IMO.

* Hoping to make the EMU game next week. wcc, what time should I pick you up?

-I hear ya on dogs, BBdK. Clyde was always the young, healthy dog when Angus was around. Now he's the graying crotchety old man with arthritis and barking at anyone who walks in the door even if it's me or Anth. But he still enjoys a daily walk and is the best dog that ever existed (mainly because he hates Jerry).

-George loves several stuffed animals... Curious George, a little bunny stuffed rattle, a dog that came off his Wubbanub and an elephant. The elephant was a gift one of our family friends sent to each of the grandkids at my dad's funeral. It usually sits on top of a stand in his room, but lately he's been asking for "el-fant" to sleep with too. Curious George is supposed to be helping with potty training as well.

-I was up til 1a.m. making the roux for the gator gumbo and listening to James Taylor (because of SAE's post). Tonight will be a late night with THE BEANS at Tony's and such. Then up early to get everything ready to go. No rest for the wicked.

-Richie, will the little lass need to nap during the tailgate? The bellydancer kids will be there as well so it should be fun for kids and adults alike.

Seger last night at US Bank, not sure if the dude has paid off his Porsche recently, but what a life. Still has it.

The Greater Cincinnati area folk were a joy to take in as well. Had a mediocre meal and was harassed at least 20 times for money. Fine little river town.

Cayuts 24-21. MacGinnis never buys another drink in this town again.

- A week in Aruba? Ha. Three days off in Amarillo before I start my new gig on Monday.

- Going to hit up Cadillac Ranch today, because WTF else am I going to do on a Friday afternoon in Amarillo?

- Impressed by these west Texas desert chicks on Bumble so far.

- 21-20, Cats.

- Wasn't it '73 who called his wife and made her drive 4 hours to come pick him up because he got pissed during a golf round?

- Still can't believe Curb comes back next week. Not sure I've ever been more excited for a new season of a show.

WS... She may need to take a nap but we are going to schedule her morning where she takes a big nap on the way to Lex. I can't to see all of the kiddos!

Reactions: 911guy
I'm still waiting for the day when we don't have to wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning for her to eat and go back to sleep. Think we need a sleep counselor to convince her to sleep a few more hours?

Reactions: Wodie Sloot
GYERO will be a fantastic read good or bad around 10:30 tomorrow night.

These guys don't know the heartache of losing 30 years in a row.
These guys DGAF about a Floridasucka.
These guys are as talented if not more.
Florida is stealing yo credit cards.
McElwain is a straight-up weirdo with yellow teeth.

But, I just can't wrap my brain around if/when UK football rears it's UK football head. Going with my usual pessimism so it won't hurt as much.

Also, I have a car with miles on it. Vin# 1z2342AR343345. Has tires and an engine too!

--My kids stopped waking up and eating in the middle of the night within 1 year. had to give a bottle of juice once or twice because they woke up screaming (bad dream?) but were back asleep before they finished the bottle

The Confession Tapes on Netflix is both [thumb2] and :mad:.

As with any documentary type series, you're getting some spin. And even though we have a pretty great legal system, we also do some reprehensible shit too. The case with the kids in the Detroit ghetto, as far as I am into the series, was probably the most unbelievable.

Anyone else have any crazy nap stories?

Go Cats!

Well since you asked .....

I woke up one time from a nap and was talking to some lady on the phone. The only part I remember was the lady saying "what do you mean who is this? You called me". Somehow I deleted my call log without even realizing it so I still have no idea who was on the other end of that phone call.

Will keep you posted though

Reactions: rudd1
mike-gundy-mullet-1.jpg

I mean, props to this guy for saying "F it" and going out in public every day with that hair. I know it's a schtick and all, but still. He obviously spends a lot of time on it, and he has to keep it maintained, Hair product, trimmers, special brushes and combs, the works. And he's literally the only person in America with that hairstyle who makes more than $20,000 a year.

Can you imagine Saban or Urban Meyer with that look? Hard not to root for the guy who doesn't take himself too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT