ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be in Lexington Friday/Saturday morning for a board meeting, and have to leave immediately afterwards -- noon-- to get back in town for my kid's birthday the next day.

So the plan is to pick up a twelve pack about 100 miles out near Decatur, and consume most of same while listening to the pregame show. Will grab a pizza before I get home, so as to provide a plausible explanation for any beer that may be detected on my breath. ("Yeah, I had a beer while I was waiting on the pizza.")

Should pull in the driveway right at kickoff, fully lubed and ready for whatever terrible things I'm about to witness.

LOOK AT GOD WORKING.
If we win, you’ll have to do that same thing every year from now on. You realize this, right? Vaya con díos.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
Shorts:

- Nashville was fun and barely spent any time on the strip, which was different. Big fan of East Nashville. Nice feel.

- Grabbed a purr of tickets for Tyler Childers up here at Southgate Revival House for December. Show sold out quickly.

- Granted I was completely shithoused but that was a very enjoyable win for me Saturday night. Made me really happy and proud. Going on the SEC road and just handling a "hot" team warms my heart.

- And BBN NKY is buying in. Lots of buzz and random "usually it's about basketball" UK football conversation up this way.

- Think we're zeroing in on El Dorado Royale for the honeymoon.

- Air Force has really underrated unis... Blue done right.

- Gameday in New York sounds awful.

- Have always been a huge fan of Kornheiser and religiously listened to his radio show... but there's just something missing with his podcast. Basically the same format as his local show but it's not translating.

- Finishing up Ozark. That show leaves me nervous.

- The No Laying Up podcast with Rory is really interesting. He seems about as normal as someone in that position could be.

- Looking forward to an all-day tailgate. Was worried about the Arboretum Lot a couple of years ago but having a grass lot, space to move around and shade/wind break trees are all big positives. No desire to tailgate on concrete.

Reactions: CastleRubric
Didn't some dude that got run from here break his back when we rushed the field against UGA? Pretty sure he tripped over himself trying to hop the fence onto the field causing him to fall instead of jumping over the wall. Poor guy was a total puss.

Didn't some dude that got run from here break his back when we rushed the field against UGA? Pretty sure he tripped over himself trying to hop the fence onto the field causing him to fall instead of jumping over the wall. Poor guy was a total puss.

Yeah 7 NCAA or something like that.

Why does discussing possibly ending the streak feel so much like talking about spending a 250 mil Powerball ticket?

Should bet my life savings on UF. All $1986 of it.

So despite huge contracts flying around this offseason and teams drowning in debt over half the NBA teams lost money before TV revenue sharing.

After the revenue sharing 9 of the 30 teams still lost money.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...arly-half-nba-lost-money-last-season-now-what

So would the city of Louisville really be better off with a team if the possibility came about?
I don't believe that for a second. If owning an NBA team is such a money loser, why aren't owners lining up to sell their teams?

Louisville's Athletic Department is the "most profitable" in the NCAA!!!

[banana]

:rolleyes:

B4d2T_wCcAASs4o.jpg

Reactions: Wildcat Willy
Russillo gave some ridiculous figure yesterday along the lines of the Lakers and the Knicks make over half of the NBA's money on their own, which explains some of these teams not turning profit or whatever.

Makes sense.

STXEw.gif

^Need to find out more about this guy, starting with his name. It's probably Marc.

Reactions: Mashburned
How in the hell are the Knicks bringing in that much money?

I get that it's a legendary franchise, huge market, lots of history, etc but they've been a mess for a few years now. What's producing the revenue? Ticket sales can't be doing well, TV deals are super lucrative but *that* much more than everyone else is mind-blowing.

Russillo gave some ridiculous figure yesterday along the lines of the Lakers and the Knicks make over half of the NBA's money on their own, which explains some of these teams not turning profit or whatever.

Makes sense.

STXEw.gif

^Need to find out more about this guy, starting with his name. It's probably Marc.

Or Todd

#Llamaistheexception

Reactions: KingLlama
The key number is the franchises value, which keeps going up, which is why no one is looking to sell and get out of the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT