ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't kick anyone off the team for soliciting prostitution, beating their spouse, cocaine abuse, drug trafficking, or illegal gambling activity.....

....but he will if you don't stand for the anthem?

Got it. The guy is a real f'ing patriot.

All that pavement pounding has made you a special kind of stupid. Runners CTE?

Damn. I also thought that SJW represented Sally Wildcat. If you think the same, it's better to just assume that's the case and move on.

7-5

Sept. 2: at Southern Miss W
Sept. 9: EASTERN KENTUCKY W
Sept. 16: at South Carolina L
Sept. 23: FLORIDA L
Sept. 30: EASTERN MICHIGAN W
Oct. 7: MISSOURI W
Oct. 21: at Mississippi State L
Oct. 28: TENNESSEE W
Nov. 4: MISSISSIPPI W
Nov. 11: at Vanderbilt W
Nov. 18: at Georgia L
Nov. 25: LOUISVILLE L

Reactions: Mashburned
All that pavement pounding has made you a special kind of stupid. Runners CTE?

For years, he's been thought of as perhaps the single most morally bankrupt owner in all of major sports. And now sycophants like you are buying into his alleged patriotism?? That check won't cash here, bub. I see right thru that horse hockey.

Oh, and GFY.

Reactions: Mossip
If folks are looking for something interesting (and short) to watch, there's a pretty neat 8-episode series called "The Sinner" that's airing on USA right now. Fourth episode is tonight. Stars Jessica Biel and President Bill Pullman.

I had someone tell me about it so I started the "book" first (i.e. Audible) and it's kinda hard to get into so far. I think it's the chick's voice though.

I don't really care to "know" on-air sports personalities in real life, but there is still a part of me that is mildly intrigued about how they would act in an off-air encounter. Like, if we just so happened to be sitting next to each other on an airplane, in a random sports bar, etc.

Most of the time I think to myself, "that guy is probably low-key and cool to talk to in 'real life.'" But there are 2 that I just know are complete a-hole dbags point blank period. Those 2 people are Clay Travis and Doug Gottlieb. Both are in-secure narcissists (if that's even possible) and it wouldn't matter if they were on the air or under a bridge. Everything about their entire countenance just screams prick.

Anonymous coaches go HAM on Rick...

• "If you're going to do one, why are you not doing the other one? I mean come on. It's funny, when the thing happened with Louisville and one of the guys on our staff, support staff, said there's nothing going to happen to him [Pitino]. I'm like, 'What?' I just find it entertaining. We had a kid transfer from there, had him on a visit, and I remember this because it was quite a few years ago. Heard about how Pitino was micromanaging, busting in their rooms to check if their rooms are clean, what's in their fridge. I thought, If he's that micromanaging, how does he not know what's going on here?"

• You mean to tell me like in Louisville's situation, and Pitino's a major micromanager, not one person, whether it's the recruit himself, one of his players, the kids' dad, whoever else was with him on the visit, doesn't the next day at breakfast say, 'Coach, we had the greatest time ever!' 'Oh really? What did you do?' Maybe not tell all, but he gives a hint. If it happened once or twice, OK, maybe coach doesn't know. If it happens that many times, somebody leaks something. Especially a guy who is a micromanager and seems to worry about image stuff a lot. You have to be turning a complete blind eye if you don't know."

• The Louisville saga, on the other hand, is a complete embarrassment to our profession. How does Rick Pitino still have a job? This is a complete joke and makes me ashamed to be a part of this profession. There are many other guys (in many other sports) that have been fired for far less than what went on in Rick Pitino's program. A few years back, the NCAA came out publicly and made it known that anything that went on inside a program was the responsibility of the head coach, no questions asked. So all of this happened, and Pitino gets a five-game suspension? Total joke -- sorry, but it is. And there's a lot of coaches out there who would completely agree with this."

• I know what's going on in my program. I know what classes my kids are taking. If I have all these non-students making all these A's -- I can't believe [Roy] didn't know about it, and I can't believe Rick didn't know about it.

I've seen it posted here before but never noticed it until lately.

Bearup straight up rips Twitter posts off and runs to FB and posts as his own.

See, Nicholas Cage post.

I don't trust anyone who hasn't gotten hammered and (naked or clothed, FTR) stumbled into someone else's dorm, hotel room, condo, RV, or other residence.

-on cruise once i resorted to trying my key in every door. Then just banging on every door. Came across MCF's room during my search... which was two floors and opposite end of the boat away.

-chad's progression continues. Becoming more practical and moderate by the day. He almost sounds conservative in his "personal responsibility" ranting. I love it.

-Jones can be a patriot but not a hypocrite. He was just busted getting a rim job from prostitutes. I'm sure he's blowing lines and smacking them around as well. Very Texas of him.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
"Why is it that when the sun blacks out on a Monday afternoon it's a 'phenomenon,' but when I do it's a 'problem?'"

I'm blocked from BretBs social media, but I'll bet $$$ he stole that one and passed it off as his own. Anyone?

^ Judge Mattox still tight with that loser? Better keep your distance - he'll ruin that promising political career before you know it, hoss.

l
-on cruise once i resorted to trying my key in every door. Then just banging on every door. Came across MCF's room during my search... which was two floors and opposite end of the boat away.

-chad's progression continues. Becoming more practical and moderate by the day. He almost sounds conservative in his "personal responsibility" ranting. I love it.

-Jones can be a patriot but not a hypocrite. He was just busted getting a rim job from prostitutes. I'm sure he's blowing lines and smacking them around as well. Very Texas of him.

My political views haven't changed at all. You just make assumptions.

l

My political views haven't changed at all. You just make assumptions.

No, but you did finally take your first flight, and had to get hand held by specially assigned Southwest reps throughout the airport. The wings pin they put on your chest was cute, and it was tots adorbs the way the passengers applauded and high fived you as you walked down the aisle.

You're all grown up now, big boy.

Have had an unwelcome guest in the hotel before. Fortunately it defused quickly and without incident. At Emerald grand in. 3br suite...Somebody's cell phone kept ringing, pissed me off so I left my room to deal. Found some pants in the bathroom, after checking the couch noticed some jackwagon who was unknown. Woke him up. Dude was like "are you with the wedding?"

He grabbed his pants and left with a quickness.

Bret blatantly rips every post he makes. Very strange because he's a smart dude. Same as that mentally handicap dude in Willow or whatever his name is.

Chad thinks his perspective hasnt changed. 5 years ago he would've never made those posts. Fwiw i agree 100% with his take.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Once had this random chick wander into our appt on 3rd & Broadway about 2 a.m., circa 95-96. We tried for about 30 minutes to convince her she was in the wrong place but she wasn't having anything to do with it. Roomie finally decided that he might as well take advantage of the situation, took her to his room, and proceeded to knock one out. Ole girl was a screamer as I remember.

Knew a guy in SC who never made it back to his hotel room and was found the next morning asleep in the hallway on the floor above. Apparently he had knocked on almost every door on that floor trying to find the right room during the night, gave up, and just passed out in the hallway.

Knew a guy in SC who never made it back to his hotel room and was found the next morning asleep in the hallway on the floor above. Apparently he had knocked on almost every door on that floor trying to find the right room during the night, gave up, and just passed out in the hallway.

We had the exact same story during our group's 20 year SECT run, occurred in 1999 (wasn't me).

Reactions: roguemocha
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT