ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Nets pick is huge. With LeBron leaving you give yourself a chance to start something new without blowing up the present.

Last edited:
On some level, if the guy is stupid enough to believe in a flat earth and you got comparable talent and a high pick for him, can you complain?

I mean, I know basketball players don't need Ph.Ds but the dumb bastard is perfectly ok with walking around and talking about how he believes the world is flat. That is not to mention the fact that Irving resents playing with one of the top 3 or 4 greatest players of all time when he should be thanking his lucky stars at his luck.

Eff that guy. Cleveland made out like a bandit.

Do you not still have my number?

I LOST MY ORIGINAL DAMN FLIP PHONRE 100 CAT

and replaced it

WITH ANOTHER FLIP PHONE,

and STILL somehow managed to downgrade........
then my new company ISSUED me as ..... as you say.....SMART PHONE

But I don't use it for anything but Raytheon stuff and sometimes seeing what kid of pictures I can take of the HORRID CONDITIONS of the 3rd toilet stall in 9022 / North End Restrooms

The navy were up in our facility today

wearing that ALLLlL WHITE crap

might as well as had evening gowns on............

or those cute little blue jean bell bottoms they have on their BOATS
the ones with their lsat names stitched across their asses

always thought THAT was the single biggest military uniform FAIL since Zulu Warriors with the sticks ties to their DING DONGS

Friday night I will end up being here after work while these other people travel too Phoenix

If I don't wind up playing music that night -- I plan to conduct a social experiment by

a) drinking cold beer first and taking a desert walk to relax my mind....and if I'm honest.....my penis too

b) moving to liquor and getting angry at something political -- while making myself look at UT football boards for 2o9e8 mins'

cc) posting my phone number and asking 3 people to call me to talk about whatever you want.......or more like it......whatever I slather at you

d) RECORD THE CONVERSATIONS ON THIS SIDE

e) REVIEW said events Sat a/m and consider posting to my You-toot site

I think this could be our big break actually

This ESPN/Robert Lee story. Wow.

I will always lean left politically but I get why so many are fed up with this hyper PC bullshit.

Yeah, I lean liberal at heart but the Caitlin Jenner courage award and the rest of the nonsense makes it awful hard to take anything seriously.

What is ESPN thinking? Shouldn't they get back to NASCAR and sumo and making money?

Yeah, I lean liberal at heart but the Caitlin Jenner courage award and the rest of the nonsense makes it awful hard to take anything seriously.

What is ESPN thinking? Shouldn't they get back to NASCAR and sumo and making money?

Even the Kaepernick BS. Look- is it fair that teams are avoiding him because of his politics? Maybe not but this real life and life's not fair. Bottomline is your baggage follows you and if your talent isn't worth the trouble, you're not going to get hired- in sports or anywhere else. No one wants a backup QB with a throng of media following him around distracting the team.

But ESPN doesn't even acknowledge this fact.

But seriously, sumo was pretty awesome to watch at 9 am during college when I strategically engineered my schedule to not begin before noon.

That was courage. Where is my award?

Well I applaud Mr Jones for telling his players they can choose to sit for the anthem and be off the team.

I mean, it is "America's team."

Think I might have just become a Cowboys fan.

Reactions: NotchLickKat
Here is what I don't get about Kaepernick or any of these other protests of the anthem...what good does it accomplish?

It never leads to us discussing the actual cause that is behind the protest, it just leads to an argument about the person protesting. A backlash, a backlash to the backlash. No minds or hearts are changed...if anything, people dig in their corners further and end up name calling. I would argue it hurts his cause more than it helps.

Well I applaud Mr Jones for telling his players they can choose to sit for the anthem and be off the team.

I mean, it is "America's team."

Think I might have just become a Cowboys fan.

He won't kick anyone off the team for soliciting prostitution, beating their spouse, cocaine abuse, drug trafficking, or illegal gambling activity.....

....but he will if you don't stand for the anthem?

Got it. The guy is a real f'ing patriot.

I don't care if he sits during the anthem. Frankly, I don't care what many people do about anything. Do what you want. I'm not offended at all. I'm not anything. If you feel like making some sort of stand, Awesome. Good for you.

But know that your actions have consequences. Know you may be costing yourself your career.

I totally agreed with the Dixie Chicks back in the 00s but didn't feel sorry for them at all when their careers tanked.

-there is no room for discussion anymore...everyone is a nazi or a commie. One side is better represented in the press...so that side gets to set the narrative.

-nfl is a private enterprise . There are no 1st amendment protections while on the job. Jones et al care what their customers think...sjw/activist types arent the demographic they court.

When I read the Herald Leaders headline that an "Iconic Local Restaurant Closing" I sure didnt think they were referring to Logan's.

Also RE: the Robert Lee story... ESPN was probably screwed either way there. If he ends up doing the game, they get mocked for it... taking him off the game and moving him to another one- they get mocked for it. Like most situations on EARTH nowadays- someone is always waiting in the wings to throw large amounts of gas on a fire that could easily just burn out.

Last edited:
Also RE: the Robert Lee story... ESPN was probably screwed either way there. If he ends up doing the game, they get mocked for it... taking him off the game and moving him to another one- they get mocked for it. Like most situations on EARTH nowadays- someone is always waiting in the wings to throw large amounts of gas on a fire that could easily just burn out.
Frankly, the fact that Clay Travis broke the story made me immediately side with ESPN. That guy is a bag of jagged robot dicks.

Travis is a good listen during football season but he lost me ranting against ESPN's social justice causes. His rants are no better for the opposite view, beating points to death.

Even the Kaepernick BS. Look- is it fair that teams are avoiding him because of his politics? Maybe not but this real life and life's not fair. Bottomline is your baggage follows you and if your talent isn't worth the trouble, you're not going to get hired- in sports or anywhere else. No one wants a backup QB with a throng of media following him around distracting the team.

Basically the same situation as Tebow. NFL teams don't want a circus.

Reactions: ukalum01
NFL teams don't mind a circus if the player is good. Tebow was a marginal NFL QB. Kap is a backup and doesn't want to be a backup. That's the full story. Nothing more nothing less.

Are you saying Tebow was better than Kaepernick??

Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT