ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucket, I owe you a call. I'll do that tomorrow.

I like this idea

I'd like to call someone too .....

Cause -- I just want to feel close to someone right now and..........

wait - is this weird??
It's Medieval Sopranos, if that helps... with some dragons and a touch of fantasy stuff (that is really secondary to the people).

I tend to not have a lot of .... as you say.....RULES .....

but etiquette in the toilet is an arena where I'm convinced we all NEED some totalitarian guidance

let me just say this

I saw POLICE TAPE used to block off a stall today and............

it looked like someone just took,,,,,,shovel fulls.......

Jesusmaryjane

I didn't even do my normal routine of 'waiving newcomers off' like a seasoned 3rd base coach.....

THIS was every man for himself

I can't go back there

WTF are you talking about? I'm talking about Lamberts.....which I find grossly overrated.
I'm talking about getting ribs in Dexter when I'm over near Sikeston. Thought that seemed clear. At any rate, we will sometime hit Lamberts when going on a rib run.

And I'm telling you that you should try it also.

I'm talking about getting ribs in Dexter when I'm over near Sikeston. Thought that seemed clear. At any rate, we will sometime hit Lamberts when going on a rib run.

And I'm telling you that you should try it also.

If you enjoy getting hit on the side of the head, with a random roll, then Lambert's is your place. I'll take your word on the other places. If i want want ribs I'll stick with Starnes. Honestly, I was being sarcastic about even going to Lambert's in the first place. I hate that place.

Pretty amazing/weird/creepy how they can predict this shit down to the minute -- saw a news clip yesterday from 1979, the year I was born, yesterday w/ Dan Rather talking about the 'next total solar eclipse' happening on August 21, 2017. :eyes: wtf

#Science

Also of note how nobody questions it unless politics or religion is involved.

Pretty amazing/weird/creepy how they can predict this shit down to the minute -- saw a news clip yesterday from 1979, the year I was born, yesterday w/ Dan Rather talking about the 'next total solar eclipse' happening on August 21, 2017. :eyes: wtf

#Science

Also of note how nobody questions it as long as politics or religion isn't involved.

Yep- those scientists are onto everything...except global warming, where they don't know WTF they're talking about.

Speaking of science. I read an article about how to eliminate fruit flies and it had this nugget:

The second reason why we research flies is because they are strikingly similar to humans — or any other animal on our planet. Because life on Earth shares a common ancestry, we have all evolved in complex and interwoven paths from a common ancestor. We share much of our genetics and almost all of our biochemistry.

Sixty to 80 per cent of genes found in humans are found in flies, and essentially all our biochemistry and metabolism is identical.

Science is weird. o_O

Link if you want to see the trap he suggest making. http://theconversation.com/how-to-kill-fruit-flies-according-to-a-scientist-81740

^ We use(d) that trick, but I still had to nix my wife's indoor composting project. Couldn't deal.

Will say, having a garden is pretty bad ass. Hardest part the guilt associated with waste -- shit comes fast & furious. I'm becoming that dude who's always walking around w/ a Kroger bag full of veggies to hand out.

Last edited:
We started w/ a large composter outside -- never seen a girl so excited stand by a rotating trash can and turn it over and over like she's playing a slot machine.

That was apparently so fun that that she found some gadget where could begin percolating all the stuff indoors, before transferring it out to the main compost. Of course, it's designed to not let anything out, and it seemingly did a good job -- but I took the lid off once out of curiosity...and unleashed a few million things into the kitchen -- never could get past it.

She fell in love w/ some '3 stage' composting system (worms and all) at the Botanical Gardens in Brooklyn. Maybe for a 10th anniversary gift.

My very unpopular eclipse account was that it was just kinda okay here. Worth looking at, for sure- but we didnt have near the coverage other areas did so the light wasnt impacted that much at all. It just kind of came and went.

Classes begin here tomorrow. There was a time when I used to be nostalgic on those 1st couple of weeks of classes... moving back and seeing everyone, football right around the corner, stumbling from a party on Aylesford to a party on Waller... but after living around it so many years as an old man- That finally wore off within the last couple years. Tweed jackets are ready for the classroom again, though.

Mayoral elections in Birmingham. The current mayor showed up to vote for himself this morning, and was turned away because he had no identification at all. Not many are shocked.

Other wives, I assume go really bonkers with fall scented candles. I dont hate it or anything, but we're about a week away from an overflow of maple-walnut tree leaf and vanilla-pumpkin front porch breeze. Also those things are expensive AF. WTF, candles?

Gambol.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
We started w/ a large composter outside -- never seen a girl so excited stand by a rotating trash can and turn it over and over like she's playing a slot machine.

That was apparently so fun that that she found some gadget where could begin percolating all the stuff indoors, before transferring it out to the main compost. Of course, it's designed to not let anything out, and it seemingly did a good job -- but I took the lid off once out of curiosity...and unleashed a few million things into the kitchen -- never could get past it.

She fell in love w/ some '3 stage' composting system (worms and all) at the Botanical Gardens in Brooklyn. Maybe for a 10th anniversary gift.

Don't tell her this but compost tumblers are worthless. You need to have contact with the soil so that regular ass Kentucky worms come up and eat your scraps and poop in it.

At least her hobby is relatively cheap.

At least some writers see the hypocrisy of Duke and K ruining CBB. I still [laughing] at how two-faced people are in regards to Cal and K. Had fans of Duke try to tell me it's different when K gets a OAD because they're smarter. Those insufferable gaffots still believe the likes of Kyrie and other mouth-breathers are coming in with 4.0 GPA and 1600 SAT scores.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/20/ncaa-perpetrates-its-latest-scam-right-out-in-the-open/http://nypost.com/2017/08/20/ncaa-perpetrates-its-latest-scam-right-out-in-the-open/

-kids are getting to an age where our downtown postage stamp back yard is no longer used for much play. I'm gonna make the commitment to get a veg garden going next spring.

-had a 12k sf garden on dad's farm for a few years when the kids were younger...kicked my ass, and I don't have that kind of time anymore. Can prolly swing a few hundred sf at my house. I know I'm gonna do brussels/taters/turnips and tomato...maybe a bean pole structure. Low space/high production recs are welcomed...as I've never done a small garden.

-ab, people giving away home grown veggies are the best kind of people. Good work.

Reactions: Mossip
Speaking of, anybody got a good bp recipe? I love those suckers out of the restaurant, but at-home attempts result in canned spinach tasting, runny green turds.

Reactions: roguemocha
Speaking of, anybody got a good bp recipe? I love those suckers out of the restaurant, but at-home attempts result in canned spinach tasting, runny green turds.

Assuming you mean brussel sprouts, here's my recipe.

1. Buy frozen and thaw them by pouring boiling water on them and then drain and place on a cookie sheet, preferably on a wire rack with the sheet underneath.

2. Drizzle liberally with oil and then season with salt and pepper and anything else you'd like. (Garlic powder is great.)

3. Bake at 450-475 for 20-30ish minutes until they are black on the outside but not burnt.

4. If you are feeling exotic, combine with bacon (including the drippings) and baked apples.

Brussel sprouts are about as easy as it gets.

Thanks, I'm decent enough in the kitchen, but was always wary of high temps like that for half an hour. I'll give it a shot, and bacon will be included.

-My wife can play with dirt, worms, eggshells, and coffee grounds all she wants to, I'm certainly not going to spoil the party. If anything, I'll tell her everyone on the cat paw said it makes everything 100x better and to keep it up. I recommend everyone get their wives into compositing.

Yeah, Mossip's post doesn't make much sense -- he must have his veggies confused, or he's boiling shaved sprouts or something.

They're essentially fail-proof, just come as close as you can to burning them -- either by roast or sauté, coated in Olive Oil & salt/pepper. Sprinkle w/ quality Salt to finish, and they're basically the green vegetable version of 'fries'. Bacon/Pancetta, Garlic, Blue Cheese/Feta crumbles, etc take them to another level obviously.

(get pumped, Anth)

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm decent enough in the kitchen, but was always wary of high temps like that for half an hour. I'll give it a shot, and bacon will be included.

They have so much water content that you need to nuke them to get a good char. Your oven and mileage may vary on times and temps, but once you get the hang of it they are about as cheap and easy a side as there is.

Not my fave, but good, cheap, and easy.

They are to be served with crumbled bacon and shaved green apples. I'd also cook them on a grill outside if possible, because the smell in the kitchen can be a bit potent.

Reactions: rudd1
-fry bacon,remove and chop bacon, add onion(shallot if u are a true gyeroman) to bacon grease and add butter if u wish, throw in quartered sprouts, brown a bit...take to low heat and cover(water from sprouts will steam so they get tender) throw in some golden raisins and walnuts and cook for a bit. Throw bacon back in and serve. This along with turnip gratin are my go to veggie side dishes. Easy...tastes great.

-also salt and pepper to taste...ground savory is nice as well.

-speaking of this sort o stuff another easy side:

-saute onion and shrooms in butter...add frozen peas and cover stirring frequently...savory or marjoram(sp) and salt. Another easy solid side.

More importantly, can BBdK compete with my finishing salt?

Straight Maldon for this kid, like a mothereffing boss. Kosher salt is for posers.

BP:

Buy fresh.

Cut them in half and place face down - For how long, I don't know...the wife makes them.
Sometime later, add chicken stock. Let them simmer in that for a while
Lastly, add heavy whipping cream. Let that all cook together for another period of time.

That are the best I've had. True Story.

Oh you don't like that??? Well you haven't tried my special recipe: add butter, cheese, and salt. YWIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT