ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
...HOT AND HUMID CONDITIONS EXPECTED ON MONDAY HIGH PRESSURE CONTINUES TO BUILD INTO THE REGION. THIS WILL BRING

DRY AND INCREASINGLY HOT WEATHER TO THE REGION ON MONDAY.

HIGH TEMPERATURES MONDAY ARE EXPECTED TO WARM INTO THE UPPER 80S

TO THE LOWER 90S. AFTERNOON DEWPOINTS ARE EXPECTED TO BE IN THE MID

AND UPPER 60S WHICH WILL PRODUCE AFTERNOON HEAT INDICES IN THE 95

TO 100 DEGREE RANGE. THE HIGHEST HEAT INDICES ARE EXPECTED

BETWEEN 1 AND 6 PM LOCAL TIME.

WITH A LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE EXPECTED TO BE OUTDOORS ON MONDAY DUE

TO THE UPCOMING SOLAR ECLIPSE, THE POTENTIAL FOR HEAT RELATED

ILLNESS MAY INCREASE. THIS WILL BE ESPECIALLY TRUE FOR THOSE NOT

ACCUSTOMED TO THE TYPICAL HEAT AND HUMIDITY OF LATE AUGUST IN THE OHIO VALLEY.
-------------------------------------------------

Looks like The National Weather Service is giving a heads up to all of these pampered, cake-eating East Coasters. Fifos, you too. Hey, Yanks, this is what August is 'sposed to be like.

Sissies.

the plane over PA
the one that had its own movie showing you exactly what happened in the heroic charge to the cockpit
the one that gave us the "lets roll" war cry

the one Rumsfeld later said was 'shot down'
then quickly retracted and joked about how 'conspiracy theorists' were going to have a field day with his mis-quote

the plane over PA
the one that had its own movie showing you exactly what happened in the heroic charge to the cockpit
the one that gave us the "lets roll" war cry

the one Rumsfeld later said was 'shot down'
then quickly retracted and joked about how 'conspiracy theorists' were going to have a field day with his mis-quote

:popcorn:

Irish, by way of the Clarke and Nash surnames. The "e" was supposedly dropped upon arrival a few generations back to try and pass as more British so one could secure work.

But pretty white.

I found out just last summer that my dad's dad......was a big ol' bastard

some interloper from GOD KNOWS WHERE just had a TIME with my great grand momma (don't know where she's from either) -- had a baby ,....and they decided to KEEP the family name of COX anyway

just pretend like it didn't happen

I have NO idea what genes I have from that person ---- it's a little disorienting.....but kind of exciting too

The other side - mom's side is all Melungian this and Cherokee marrying a damn irish man that and what not

I have no f'ing clue what produced my dad

what ever it was it LOVED some UK basketball though
that man also burned down a damn shitty trailer near our home that thought they were gonna make the meths

at age 78 he and another older Appalachian American just "handled it"

the REALLY interesting thing was that the fire dept never came..........

Dad also accidentally walked into the F'ing Sugar (( edit - was that the cotton bowl maybe?))) Bowl when Bear coached the Cats to the W over Oklahoma

I once set my hair on fire in church when I was 8

Last edited:
Solar retinopathy.

Can't wait to see the ER blow up.
I've wondered about this too. Way too many idiots out there who will not properly research what they can and can't do. And I guarantee there will be people looking at this through their camera lenses, binoculars, or telescopes.

Reactions: drxman1
Getting my #BonnieTylerFreeEclipseDay2017Playlist together:

Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
King of Pain - The Police
Blister in The Sun - Violent Femmes
Behind The Sun - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Good Day Sunshine - Beatles
Staring at The Sun - U2
Straight Into Darkness - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Darkness on The Edge of Town - Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
Enter Sandman - Metallica
On The Dark Side - Eddie & The Cruisers
GRAND FINALE: Brain Damage/Eclipse - Pink Floyd

- Spent 2 days in the Twin Cities for work last week. Didn't get a chance to do too much around town but did catch a game at Target Field. What a fantastic newer ballpark. Had an usher sit down with me and talk about how it was built and many of the little things that went into it. As a Reds fan, was completely jealous of that park vs GABP.

- Can't imagine winter there and don't want to.

- "Passengers" kinda sucked. Waste of talent.

- Gonna try to spend more time back home. Beginning to feel kinda disconnected.

Last edited:
have been writing and doing some guitar things
then getting on here and what not

totally missed the fact
Getting my #BonnieTylerFreeEclipseDay2017Playlist together:

Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
King of Pain - The Police
Blister in The Sun - Violent Femmes
Behind The Sun - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Good Day Sunshine - Beatles
Staring at The Sun - U2
Straight Into Darkness - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Darkness on The Edge of Town - Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
Enter Sandman - Metallica
On The Dark Side - Eddie & The Cruisers
GRAND FINALE: Brain Damage/Eclipse - Pink Floyd

Wait -- are you THE Jeff Drummond??

- Spent 2 days in the Twin Cities for work last week. Didn't get a chance to do too much around town but did catch a game at Target Field. What a fantastic newer ballpark. Had an usher sit down with me and talk about how it was built and many of the little things that went into it. As a Reds fan, was completely jealous of that park vs GABP.

- Can't imagine winter there and don't want to.

- "Passengers" kinda sucked. Waste of talent.

- Gonna try to spend more time back home. Beginning to feel kinda disconnected.

No was in Minneapolis last week and probably going back in mid September - let's go get into something hing

We have a company-wide marketing meeting scheduled for the duration of the eclipse. They may have done it just to find out who the assholes are.

Hint, hint: I'm one of the assholes (as you would assume). And will be leaving with my paper glasses (which my mommy bought for me) promptly after some other asshole announces it's time and gets up to leave. It going to be orcosmic, imo.

Signed,

Joey Rupption
NASA Young Astronaut 1990-1992

Wife's birthday today. Breakfast at Winchell's, an escape room puzzle and miniature golf in the afternoon, and Texas de Brazil for dinner. Solid day, exept for when my wife legit beat me in putt putt.

Bernie is a great dude.

Wife tried to buy those eclipse glasses in July. Got an email last week that her order would not be fulfilled and she'd be getting a refund. Hey, thanks for the heads up!

Hopkinsville is the center of the world for about 4 hours tomorrow. Ok, then.

One of the last things I did at my old job was get KSR approved to do their show this Thursday on the lot. Hope it brings a crowd over there.

Blackened, by Metallica

Reactions: wcc31 and drxman1
- GOT is the most enjoyable show I've ever watched but I completely get how annoying it must be for nonwatchers in-season.

- Gotta be "Black Hole Sun."

- I'm no science geek but it's cool having something like the eclipse to remind you how incredible the universe. First time since the year I was born. Wow.

- Loved what UK did at Commonwealth with the freshmen class.

Reactions: Rex Kwon Do
-That is the most annoying person I've ever heard. Were people jumping out of the emergency exit? TOTALITY!!! OMG!! LOOK AT THAT.

-Breakout games are actually pretty fun. Did one as a work outing last year and had a ball. Would def recommend. We're doing a spin off this year that mimics a game show. stoked.

-Modified the smash burgers for straight up grilling. Nice summertime change.

-Clear to start running a little. :pray: They want me to look into swimming as a long term replacement. Bleh. :thumbsdown:

-Ballers is not good TV but the soundtrack is unreal. Also, the new girls is :fire:

-So this thing is 2 hours? yikes. Wish G was a few years older and we were heading out west to check it out. Don't blame the schools cutting class. The way parents are these days no sense in taking that liability on. OMG you let my little shithead stare at the sun!! SUE SUE!!

-Sun setting earlier and earlier these days. The worst part of winter. I can get over the temps but no one can honestly enjoy the sun setting at 5p.

-Just a few weeks out -> Bike to Beat Cancer so donate now, we always appreciate the GYERO love.

Reactions: Rex Kwon Do
The dialogue, acting and plot are so awful in "Ballers." I watch it but have no idea why. It's Baywatch-level television.

Reactions: catlanta33
Table%201.png

Rogue, other travelballs...have 5 days/4 nights to spend on the Keys. No plans whatsoever. Priority will be beach relaxing.

Tentatively landing at FLL on a Friday at 5-6ish. What's the play? Stop in Key Largo on way down, then Key West for duration? Any suggestions welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT