ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived in San Angelo circa 1986 and this is true X1000 That place hell on earth. Don't what it's like now, but even the water was horrible. I mean almost beyond belief. We're talking, people from Detroit think that water in unfit, bad...

Truth. They are currently water rationing too...good keep that shit. Sticking to bottled drinks.

Also, there were some fake eclipse glasses going around here. People calling into the radio station with burned eyes saying not to buy glasses from the guy outside Stripes gas station. Hilarious.

I hated lord of the rings so it's really got me hesitant to try game of thrones tbh

Catholic_back: I got engaged in KW 6 years ago and one of my buddies grew up in duck key and pretty much gave me an itinerary of things to do and restaurants to visit from Miami to key west that was awesome so if you want you can PM me your email and I can forward it to you
Fell asleep in LOTR myself.

Duck Key just had a murder which is crazy because it's a nice area.

So I just watched my 97% of an eclipse outside work. Just borrowed some glasses from people around. Pretty cool except for the one stray cloud that hovered around it. Now I have to wait a whole 7 years!

Last edited:
HK and his wife traveled to Paducah to spend the weekend at my house.
Totality was pretty darn awesome. We saw the snake undulations on the ground that happened just as totality was achieved and the sparkling corona.
My dog freaked out and ran inside the house. There were crickets chirping and the sky had a weird yellow color right before totality that almost looked like a tornado sky. We didn't see too many stars because we were close to the outer edge of the totality path. HK did see a planet. The whole eclipse experience was truly so so cool; especially totality.
Really really fun awesome weekend. Can't wait for 2024!

Amazing day. Been watching COPS marathon on SpikeTV. Lots of prostitution stings. The best are the "reverse John busts" where they put the pretty blonde cop on the corner. The guys can't help themselves. The undercover lady of the night asked this guy in a big ol Dodge Ram if he was a cop and he pulled his pecker out and said "do I look like a cop?".

The 1000th episode airs tonight and Terry Crews is hosting. Had no idea this show was still going.

HK and his wife traveled to Paducah to spend the weekend at my house.
Totality was pretty darn awesome. We saw the snake undulations on the ground that happened just as totality was achieved and the sparkling corona.
My dog freaked out and ran inside the house. There were crickets chirping and the sky had a weird yellow color right before totality that almost looked like a tornado sky. We didn't see too many stars because we were close to the outer edge of the totality path. HK did see a planet. The whole eclipse experience was truly so so cool; especially totality.
Really really fun awesome weekend. Can't wait for 2024!

Taken completely out of context, this reads like the ramblings of lunatic or excerpts from a Scientology brochure.

Sounds a lot more exciting than the 95% experience in downtown Louisville.

I hated lord of the rings so it's really got me hesitant to try game of thrones tbh

Catholic_back: I got engaged in KW 6 years ago and one of my buddies grew up in duck key and pretty much gave me an itinerary of things to do and restaurants to visit from Miami to key west that was awesome so if you want you can PM me your email and I can forward it to you

It's Medieval Sopranos, if that helps... with some dragons and a touch of fantasy stuff (that is really secondary to the people).

Reactions: drxman1
Can't thank Teriecat enough for letting us come down and watch it I was telling her, that as jaded and cynical as I am, even I thought it was unreal. Spectacular natural phenomenon and so grateful I had the opportunity (thanks Terie) to see it.

Welcome to town, Clown

Path of totality ftw. Spectacular. Black dot visible through camera right in the middle, and a red dot in lower right hand corner with naked eye. Pretty cool hearing the simultaneous oohs and ahhs from everyone in the park. May have to go see the next one in 2024.

I thought we were in the path of totality in '24

Mad Men > GoT and I've read the books twice. I'm on my third watch of the series.

El Mocajete by UL has some good $3 tacos. I hope the taco luchador fails because that part of St. Matthews is a parking cluster****.

Helped out on some hardwood floor demo after eclipse. Holy shit it is hot out there. My shirt weighed about 4 pounds when I was done.

We have this little black fella working for us that is somewhere on the autism spectrum. Kid has the best attitude about work. Call him out at 1AM and he is happy. However, he has admitted to still being a virgin, was catfished by some chick on Snapchat (he gave her an iPhone 6 and a $125 gift card), and he carries a backpack with him everywhere he goes. On payday, he goes to the bank and turns his check in to cash except for $5 that he puts into his account.

Traffic into south central for eclipse viewing was a myth. Traffic out of south central is real and it is spectacular (because I'm not in it). I had to come into BG today after school. My route puts me on 65 South. For the 20 miles I traveled, across the median on northbound, it was 3-wide and 25 mph top speed.

Judging from twitter updates, it was like that all the way from Nashville to Louisville. And it still is! Or at least until north of Etown.

We ate in BG. Mistake! The Culver's close to the 65 ramp was slammed, as was every other chain eatery within that corridor. It was like these places magically transformed to Chik-Fil-A!

Lots of Ohio and Indiana plates. Also saw several New York plates and a couple from Pennsylvania. The overall appearance of eclipse gazers would be exactly what you would expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT