skoter1xi1.2714.jpg

Friday 5 - or songs and stuff that are both topical and relevant:

1. "Staring at the Sun" - u2
2. "Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone" - Bill Withers
3. "Total Eclipse of the Heart" - The Dan Band
4. "I Saw the Sign" - Ace of Bass
. . . and of course:
5. "Tubthumping" - Chubawamba

- First 3 days of school in the books. The older I get, the more the beginning of school wears me out. Fell asleep on the couch at 8:00 central time. Woke up at exactly 10 central time and everything was exactly like I left it. Lights on, tv on, kitchen in same condition. I thought it was morning and panicked. Haven't been that out of it in years.

- Our football team plays the second game of a doubleheader "bowl" extravaganza tonight. Slated to start at 8 central time, but with all of the mandatory water breaks for this time of year, I doubt the first game ends by then. I am going to attend it just so I can nervously pace around until about midnight central time. Two of my starters (and my 6th man) will play about 75% - 90% of all snaps on both sides of the ball. My "both elbows above the rim" slasher is the starting quarterback in an up-tempo, no-huddle offense. :scream::eek::confused:[sick]

[poop]

Enjoy yo'selves.

Got off work at 4 last night/this morning. Went home and showered and headed to the gals house. Guy runs a red light, crosses four lanes of traffic and goes into a gas station the wrong way. So to keep from plowing into him I had to lock up my scooter and lay it down. Couple rolls later and sliding about 10 feet on the road, I've got some decent road rash and banged up shoulder.

Dude stopped and apologized profusely. Scooter had some scratches but didn't see a need to call police or paramedics. Honestly can't believe I walked away from that. Sliding on blacktop at 35 mph is not fun gang. Scooter must've slid 30 feet.
Good luck on fixing your hog.
Freakin' cagers, man. SSDD

Always loved basketball and shot all the time at home / with older brothers and all that shit

Finally got to Middlesboro as a Freshman and couldn't wait for try outs

Was late
Ran onto the court like some afro-mullet sporting extra from Napoleon Dynamite
Failed so bad on the first layup drill that i hit the underside of the rim and had the ball come back down and brain me....
ran around clapping like I was FIRING UP THE BOYS

had a hell of a time and knew within 3 min's that I wasn't even going to be the manager

it was like my version of UK's second half against Georgetown in the 1984 final four

inexplicable and grotesquely bad -- in a way that became MUCH funnier one time though.......

all that was missing was the big ass multi colored tube socks and eye goggles

Grillfish did not disappoint. Scampi was delicious, still processing the garlic out. Feeling zesty. Washed it down with a nice buttery Chardonnay, not too oaky.

Last night was about perfect patio weather. Fun hanging out with the GeeseFeeders.

-Last scotch was probably not a good call in hindsight. Live PD was rolling though so I stayed up a bit later than planned.

-The GFs are good people. Need to try that place out I guess.

-For those of you needing some quality sports entertainment -> Vuelta A Espana starts today. Stacked field.

Good to remind people the shit cops deal with on a daily basis. Good lord. The restraint on some of those dudes is impressive.

But yeah... phenomenal tv.

The cops dealing with the girl yelling " you a racist" because her boyfriend was arrested for speeding in excess of 100 mph showed incredible restraint. I guess that bothered her more than driving recklessly with her baby in the car

Some people just have to be the victim no matter what. Not that it's a new way of thinking but it appears to be a growing sentiment for those that feel every GD thing that didn't go their way has to be someone else's fault.

Wanted to be a cop at one point. No doubt I would be a headline because there is no way I can see not shooting some of these idiots. What a miserable f'ing job to have these days.

Makes for great TV, though.

- Sindarius Thornwell made an appearance on Live PD a few weeks back. The cop questioning him acted like he didn't know who he was.

- Last Saturday without college football or basketball until post F4. :cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT