ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not arguing one way or the other for cops just think it's silly to be impressed by someone's behavior when they're on a tv show. They're on a damn tv show of course they're going to go above and beyond just like no one on here would be posting on GYERO during work if we were being filmed for a tv show.

I also noticed that all of the police cruisers are nicely cleaned and fully detailed. Even the tires still have fresh Armour All on them. They know the cameras are rolling and want to look professional.

Some cops being generally dumb pricks on a power trip is nothing new. If my grandpa saw a cop he would say "don't look at 'em."

When he was a kid cops would beat the shit out of people for no reason. He was a white guy, and Marine sniper who served at Okinawa and Guadalcanal, had a 12" scar from a Japanese bayonet, and spent some nights in a burned out tank with dead Japanese still in it - because "it was dry."

And he said not to "look" at cops.

Cops aren't dragging polite, non-threatening people from cars and beating the shit out of them. Like any profession, you have terrible people and exceptional people with the majority falling somewhere in between.

If you're thinking this is an issue - cops beating/shooting people - you're just buying into the victim mentality of these entitled and mostly ignorant losers.

I've been pulled over many, many times and it's weird, never got my ass beat because I'm never an asshole to a f'ing low IQ dork with a gun. Weird how that works out for anyone else showing respect 99% of the time.

And, used to be very, very anti-police. Seeing how ridiculous it's getting with the anti-cop BS, f that. Shoot to f'ing kill.

I've been pulled over many, many times and it's weird, never got my ass beat...
Wow, I don't know how you could be having a different experience than African-Americans in any situation, let alone when being pulled over and assessed as a threat. I'm gonna have to rethink pretty much everything here.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
I briefly dated a black girl back in the day and I was in the car when she got pulled over for expired tags and she was an absolute see-ewe-inn-tee to the cop for no reason.

I like to think that my white privilege saved her life and, of course, that I am now an expert on racism and policing in America.

Sure. That's why Asians, Indians, Mexicans, and whatever non-white or black demo protest non-stop these days.

Or, you're just believing what you want because more often than not, these stories arise from high crime areas where the majority of offending parties are...wait for it....BLACK.

I'm not naive enough to think there aren't isolated incidents where cops hide behind each other and justice is never served. But you're simply delusional if you think it's common when in fact, black people are killing each other at an extraordinarily higher rate than any cop is killing them.

Could also be a very small minority of incidents that are exacerbated by media and people with an agenda. Independently of course. Maybe somewhere in the middle. I tend to side with the people trying to protect us.

Btw, I'm not dismissing your assertion that a systematic issue exists. I just think both sides have responsibility.

Last edited:
BristolCat seriously is the worst. His Twitter tears never get old, and it's pretty much all/air.

I've got no problem with guys like Anth, Bernie, or Bob, because they'll have a conversation. Even if it's a heated one, I don't take that personally, because I know my views aren't those of the average KentuckIan. I get that.

You on the other hand, have never argued against any point I've ever made, just posted on my Twitter, Facebook, or here with some brilliance like "Ok, bub." Or "Wow." You're like a walking fart noise.

Either have a conversation with me or keep my name out of your mouth. Preferably the latter, but either is fine.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Bristol is the worst. Much better gyero experience with him on ignore.

Not much better than a relaxing lake weekend. No booze, sleep in, little skiing and reading. Much needed.

Can't wait to sit in OMG eclipse traffic headed home.

Reactions: UKRob 73
Cops aren't dragging polite, non-threatening people from cars and beating the shit out of them. Like any profession, you have terrible people and exceptional people with the majority falling somewhere in between.

If you're thinking this is an issue - cops beating/shooting people - you're just buying into the victim mentality of these entitled and mostly ignorant losers.

I've been pulled over many, many times and it's weird, never got my ass beat because I'm never an asshole to a f'ing low IQ dork with a gun. Weird how that works out for anyone else showing respect 99% of the time.

And, used to be very, very anti-police. Seeing how ridiculous it's getting with the anti-cop BS, f that. Shoot to f'ing kill.

that's generally true and can't be emphasized enough
I had a "project manager" type job in the USAF but was 'augmented' into the security forces around Ramstein / Vogelweh during the balkan conflicts in the 90's

So I was a junior cop for 9 months
even though it's not an exact analog it DID change how I look at those folks

having said that -- one thing that you WILL SEE happening with law abiding citizens who don't give cops a hard time --- is a shifting line in the sand that seems to continually move towards less constitutional protections and more police power since 9/11

One theory is that our current arrangement of 'local police' (which is wisely designed and sorta RARE on this planet) -- is being eviscerated in order to create our first National Police Force

Reactions: Mashburned
Sure. That's why Asians, Indians, Mexicans, and whatever non-white or black demo protest non-stop these days.

Or, you're just believing what you want because more often than not, these stories arise from high crime areas where the majority of offending parties are...wait for it....BLACK.

I'm not naive enough to think there aren't isolated incidents where cops hide behind each other and justice is never served. But you're simply delusional if you think it's common when in fact, black people are killing each other at an extraordinarily higher rate than any cop is killing them.

last thing I'll say on this topic (here anyway) - I promise

what I believe we're seeing is an attack on your most basic and local forms of protection for citizens

if my theory about the wider revolution is right then t would make sense and indicate that Marxists and their allies are wisely eating down / removing people that they'd have to actually FIGHT later on

ANtifa members are, in all likelihood, being told that they're going to be given some basic forms of authority as reward for their loyalty to the revolution

That's very close to how the communists did it in Russia in the early 20th century

basically I'm betting on history to repeat it self and eventually it'll become obvious with NO PRETENSE about the old ideas of "left / right'

Bristol is cool. Nice having a different POV. Tend to agree with Anth on this one, though, as I believe the actual numbers back him up.

Reactions: BristolCat
Meh, Bristol is a good dude.
When Bernie first met me offline, literally the first thing he said was something like "oh, shit man, you and I don't agree on a lot of things." I just said "Who cares, let's get a beer." '73 and I disagree on everything, but we've played ball and I know he's a good dude.

Wodie and I like each other too, he's just trying to beat me up online and I'm telling him why he's a human fart noise. Has nothing to do with real life. Next time we see each other somewhere it'll be all good. I don't take any of this personally. I do block him from some of my Facebook posts. I've got enough battles to fight on there. It's not easy being a lib in Kentucky.

Rob can get pumped.

I'm of the opinion that unless you are black it's hard to really have a good viewpoint on what it's like to be treated as a black person by the police. I'm also of the opinion that if you act respectfully you should be fine. But in all honesty I have absolutely no way of knowing that and neither do most of you. We've all seen the crazy videos of people shot by the police with no real justifiable reason but I'm sure that's the minority and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

having said that -- one thing that you WILL SEE happening with law abiding citizens who don't give cops a hard time --- is a shifting line in the sand that seems to continually move towards less constitutional protections and more police power since 9/11

My experience is only anecdotal but it seems to me that the larger or more institutionalized a police force is, the more likely they are to resist basic accountability measures like recording every interaction with citizens, etc.

9/11 also resulted in a lot more military weapons, gear, training, and mindset getting into law enforcement. On some level this is an absolutely good thing. We should never, ever have an event like that bank robbery in the 90s where criminals had legally available assault rifles while the cops only had access to carry pistols.

On the other hand, daily policing really ought to be more like being a tough but fair principal in some juvenile delinquent high school than a Delta Force raid on an ISIS safehouse.

It is a tough topic and, except for the usual loudmouth idiots, there are great points from all sides.

The worst thing I see is that the hardcore rhetoric from either the ultra right or ultra left feeds into the paranoia of the idiots on either side and this causes the very conflicts that make the issue so dangerous.

But anyway.

Titties, basketball, and whatnot.

Reactions: Rex Kwon Do
ok - that was well done
I can't NOT say,,,,,,,,,just one more W_%*(#_(%*TWUT THING

9/11 also resulted in a lot more military weapons, gear, training, and mindset getting into law enforcement. On some level this is an absolutely good thing.

Agree ' on some level' -- we should have a strong system of defense that's scalable to other needs and the historical changes that are happening around us

BUT we also simultaneously were supposed to accept the argument of increasingly OPEN BORDERS -- while we declared an open ended war on "Terror" (but not you, Saudi.....kiss kiss ....)

And when you look at the OUTCOMES of our efforts to 'export democracy" (whatever the hell THAT means)

THE OUTCOMES??

Destabilization of entire nations, the emergence of ISIS and an unfolding humanitarian clusterfck in Europe ...(where communicable diseases are increasing as much as 300% in some areas.....not to mention the always fashionable European trend of female genital mutilation)

over $8 BILLOIN spent in Afghanistan (THE Longest damn war in US history) which SO FAR as resulted in roughly 40% MORE GD HEROIN being pumped into our streets (couldn't even take the Taliban out) and GI's getting shot, maimed and mentally BROKEN for their time and effort......

all while slinging customized weapons to every SWINGING DICK IN THE MIDDLE EAST ..... (and basically LAUNDERING THEM through Qatar and into the hands of the Muslim Bro's and other swell goyim)

I was active duty at the 30th Space Wing when 9/11 happened and I KNOW at least one part of the 9/11 dialog is a LOAD OF HORSESHOE

as a parting gift we also received: TSA, HOMSEC, PAT ACT 1 & 2, MIL-COMMISSIONS ACT and a bigger / better MORE RABID NSA that - by some estimates - executes up to 300,000 hacks a DAY

So I don't think we came out ahead in all that and on the surface NONE OF THAT JIVE MAKES ANY F'ING SENSE!!!

UNLESS

someone's TRYING to sink the f'ing ship

I don't even begin to imagine what it is like being another race. I'm white, will always be white and I'm sure with that, comes less scrutiny in certain circumstances. What I'm saying is, you're seeing a fraction of what likely happens day to day and it's completely blown out of proportion. White people have been f'd over by cops as any other race has.

But, I'm sure most will agree, if you respect other people then they're more prone to show respect in return. Besides that, reading stories non-stop now of cops being attacked is a losing situation for everyone. There can be improvements on policing I'm sure but violently protesting, calling every white cop a racist pig and murdering them in cold blood isn't going to fix a GD thing for anyone.

Alright, said my peace. Good day, chaps. Going to go try to take on a a car payment again.

Reactions: CastleRubric
Lovely day for a cruise. Hot as balls though, even with the top down had to keep up a brisk pace to stay cool.

Cops and military usually get along, but every so often you find a cop that's really got it out for soldier boy.

ok - that was well done
I can't NOT say,,,,,,,,,just one more W_%*(#_(%*TWUT THING

9/11 also resulted in a lot more military weapons, gear, training, and mindset getting into law enforcement. On some level this is an absolutely good thing.

Agree ' on some level' -- we should have a strong system of defense that's scalable to other needs and the historical changes that are happening around us

BUT we also simultaneously were supposed to accept the argument of increasingly OPEN BORDERS -- while we declared an open ended war on "Terror" (but not you, Saudi.....kiss kiss ....)

And when you look at the OUTCOMES of our efforts to 'export democracy" (whatever the hell THAT means)

THE OUTCOMES??

Destabilization of entire nations, the emergence of ISIS and an unfolding humanitarian clusterfck in Europe ...(where communicable diseases are increasing as much as 300% in some areas.....not to mention the always fashionable European trend of female genital mutilation)

over $8 BILLOIN spent in Afghanistan (THE Longest damn war in US history) which SO FAR as resulted in roughly 40% MORE GD HEROIN being pumped into our streets (couldn't even take the Taliban out) and GI's getting shot, maimed and mentally BROKEN for their time and effort......

all while slinging customized weapons to every SWINGING DICK IN THE MIDDLE EAST ..... (and basically LAUNDERING THEM through Qatar and into the hands of the Muslim Bro's and other swell goyim)

I was active duty at the 30th Space Wing when 9/11 happened and I KNOW at least one part of the 9/11 dialog is a LOAD OF HORSESHOE

as a parting gift we also received: TSA, HOMSEC, PAT ACT 1 & 2, MIL-COMMISSIONS ACT and a bigger / better MORE RABID NSA that - by some estimates - executes up to 300,000 hacks a DAY

So I don't think we came out ahead in all that and on the surface NONE OF THAT JIVE MAKES ANY F'ING SENSE!!!

UNLESS

someone's TRYING to sink the f'ing ship

Which part of of 9/11?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT